HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this version I want a TOD version badly.

I always liked the look of Indy towards the end of the film when he's on the rope bridge with the sword, that's the figure I'd want over Raiders.

You should not worry about any upcoming certain Sideshow figures and buy this custom instead :wave

I can't get involved with another custom, too expensive :lol

ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a custom person but it looks AMAZING!!!!!!! The head sculpt paint is out of this world, very pleased.:clap:clap:clap

I haven't had time to get the full affect until later tonight but I had to look at the sculpt. blown away...... Highly recommend the Indy custom....

Lets see some pics!!

I really wish Hot Toys would take another crack at Indy. :(

It was poorly executed: sub-par head sculpt, wrong body type, wrong holster (for Raiders) and other details. The head sculpt was the real issue: Hot Toys set the standard for portraits and this one comes no where close. It's a shame for such an iconic character.

It's still a nice set though. Just wish it looked more like Indy.

Harrison Ford has a kind of regular guy look, which I think sculptors maybe struggle with. :dunno

Ford was in HT's sculpt somewhere I swear.

I thought the clothing could of done with some weathering too, but you can always do that yourself.

Overall though the set was very nice, with the backdrop and idol base etc.

HT figures kind of live or die on how good the head sculpt is.

It was poorly executed: sub-par head sculpt, wrong body type, wrong holster (for Raiders) and other details. The head sculpt was the real issue: Hot Toys set the standard for portraits and this one comes no where close. It's a shame for such an iconic character.

It's still a nice set though. Just wish it looked more like Indy.

I see. It's a shame. I personally don't think it's too bad but then i'm only judging by pictures. Perhaps i'll just wait for the inevitable ToD figure.

I see. It's a shame. I personally don't think it's too bad but then i'm only judging by pictures. Perhaps i'll just wait for the inevitable ToD figure.

Don't get me wrong; I love the set! I just wish they would have treated Indy with the same love and attention to detail as most of their other offerings. Jack Sparrow for example is perfect out of the box. They went outside of their usual stable of sculpters and hired Arnie Kim (who was THE man when it came to sculpting Ford back in the day); he didn't pull it off. Trevor Grove would've nailed it.

Perhaps when they're done with Ironmen, Batmen and Predators they'll give ol' Indy another shot.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

I don't think I'll see an end to HT making iron man batman and the like in my lifetime.

ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a custom person but it looks AMAZING!!!!!!! The head sculpt paint is out of this world, very pleased.:clap:clap:clap

I haven't had time to get the full affect until later tonight but I had to look at the sculpt. blown away...... Highly recommend the Indy custom....

When are we gonna see some pics, Darkseed?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know how to correct the neck peg hole if it is misaligned in the top of the body? Indy's head never really sat correctly on him and I was changing him and removed the head to find the neck "socket" on a really bad angle, so much so that the head was digging into the neck.

I tried to separate the neck from the peg hole to shift it, it would not shift. Anyone ever see the inside of one of these guys to know how they are plugged in?

Any sugggestions?

attachment.php

So the plug is just floating in the neck, it isn't attached to the body at all?

Back