HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can only conjecture at this point. IIRC, HT said they made 2000 of the Demon Bats/Scarecrow 2-pack, which they said was 1/4 of what they made for their previous Bats, which I believe we determined was the first TDK Bats, which puts that original version at 8000 pcs.

My educated guess on this DX Indy is 4000-5000 pcs. Honestly though, it's very hard to tell what their edition sizes are. Considering how tight their QC is, I think their runs are much smaller than people think.

why dont they just number them? it would be a good piece of marketing and the fan boys could wet themselves over high and low numbers

Out of curiosity, what does the Ezio body do in terms of changing the look of the figure?

Well, for starters he helps give Indy that Harrison Ford slouch, shoulders are a bit more narrow, and he's not buff. Also he has a nicely sculpted neck. No joints. That's about it. I am sure a Soldier Story body would work too.

Yup, Ezio is the way to go (apart from the neck which needs a bit of painting). Hugely improves the figure, thats one of the reasons Deaks photo's look so good (apart from the excellent photography/futzing skills obviously!)... The shoulders just sell it as Indy..

7-5.jpg
4-5.jpg
8-3.jpg
i2.jpg

Yep, that's just an amazing Ford Indy right there.

I wonder if Soldier Story figure really is the same as Ezio in the shoulders? If so, I have one I should use.

I was trying to figure that out as well, the Ezio bodies are nearly impossible to find now.

If you guyz do decide on gettin Soldier Story bodies make sure it's a narrow shoulderred one.I know that the Man in Suit and the Bastogne figure have narrow shoulder but that's it.I know the new one with the Ed Norton sculpt isn't narrow shouldered.Hope this helps guyz!Rory,can't get over how good your Indy looks everytime i see him bro!WOW!Just pisses me off!!^_^

If you guyz do decide on gettin Soldier Story bodies make sure it's a narrow shoulderred one.I know that the Man in Suit and the Bastogne figure have narrow shoulder but that's it.I know the new one with the Ed Norton sculpt isn't narrow shouldered.Hope this helps guyz!Rory,can't get over how good your Indy looks everytime i see him bro!WOW!Just pisses me off!!^_^

Great news, I have two Bastogne bodies -- thank you for confirming the narrow shoulder!

Do you happen to know if the HT head fits on the Bastogne body without any modifications? I'm at work right now so I can't check myself.

SORRY for the late reply Wor-Gar but yeah they can fit.The SS body uses a ball joint just like Hot Toys but the difference is that on the SS joint the ball on the sculpt end is small so you would have to use the Hot Toys ball joint with the SS body.Hope this helps!^_^

Can anyone tell me how the SS body would differ from an Ezio's in appearance, or have a picture of an Indy using the SS body? To be honest im really familliar with Tru-Types, but I know that swapping out Hot Toys bodies can produce some pretty mixed results; and id kind of like to know what it would look like before I buy one.

I'm planning on moving over some muscle arms to a hicks, and then using the left over narrow shoulder arms for a future Indy bash using the muscular chest piece. Will it work? Yes.

I'm planning on moving over some muscle arms to a hicks, and then using the left over narrow shoulder arms for a future Indy bash using the muscular chest piece. Will it work? Yes.

That's actually what I'm planning to do too. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated, unless it's a pretty straight-forward thing to do. Haven't actually looked into it yet. :)

i just ordered this on ebay today, i looked at this figure, in hand pictures and reviews, and overall i cant see any reason NOT to have this figure. its just amazing looking, and i really looking foward to owning the near perfect figure of one of my all time favorite adventure hero's!

Hey guyz here my Indy which i finally managed to set him up.Everytime i wanted to finish this guy up something managed to pop up.You know he might not be 100% PERFECT but this is as close as i'm goin to get w/o going the custom route.Who knows maybe Hot toys might tackle this one again and it's good to know that they're on the right track.Anyway,he still far from finished that's for sure!Especially after seeing all the recent crop of PICS.here has peaked my interest again!:wink1:

Hey guyz here my Indy which i finally managed to set him up.Everytime i wanted to finish this guy up something managed to pop up.You know he might not be 100% PERFECT but this is as close as i'm goin to get w/o going the custom route.Who knows maybe Hot toys might tackle this one again and it's good to know that they're on the right track.Anyway,he still far from finished that's for sure!Especially after seeing all the recent crop of PICS.here has peaked my interest again!:wink1:

As always man you are simply kicking ASS on the customs. Ome of the handful of guys I've seen actually so something to make this look half decent. Bravo! What did you do bro?

I decided to bite the bullet and bought this guy last night. I guess I have my work cut out for me!

Back