HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wrong. It's not really. A toy is something you get from Toys R us. Mattel makes them, they cost 12 bucks.

This is a high end collectible. What that means is that for something that costs a quarter of a grand, you should get something top notch. Is this better than Sideshow's? In all ways but the likeness yes. Is it better than an average Hot Toys figure, say Aldo Reign or Spider-man, which costs considerably less but has considerably less problems and inaccuracies? No it's not.

They dropped the ball plain and simple. I think people will like it by default, it's Indiana Jones, it's a fun figure which keeps you busy for a while. That doesn't mean it's a good figure in terms of the things that are most important, likeness, accuracy etc.

just because it's good by default doesn't mean it's good.

It's a toy...an expensive one but it's still a toy high end or not. I mean I did buy it from a toy store. :dunno For somebody so critical of this figure why did you actually buy one of these? If it's beneath you as a collector, why bother?

I have to agree with Raymond on the "toy" description. I quit looking at these as toys a long time ago. HT's figures are as much toy dollies as the Danbury Mint collectible cars are Hot Wheels if you get the comparison.

These are high end 1:6 scaled replicas and nothing less. :lecture

Agree to disagree I guess. I mean I see this as high end collectible but it's still a figure made in mass production. This is an action figure first and foremost, its just one you pose with kid-gloves. I think some collector's have this high horse mentality/expectation that is just far too unrealistic to achieve from a company standpoint. Read HT's Facebook, they're animals. :duh

Hey I have a bit of love, well more like, like, for this guy and never once reffered to it as worthless junk.

But to their standard that they've set and the crazy price they asked for it it's a huge fail. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise?

Some things about it really feel like blunders to me. A big one to me is the body situation. They don't want to tool a new body for him I get that and that's fine but can't they see when they put the head on the body it looks like a pea? Simply giving him a sculpted neck narrow shoulder body instead seems like a no brainer and the laziness there leaves me scratching my head. It just feels like they gave up on this and put it out anyway. They usually put more effort forth.

Agree to disagree I guess. I mean I see this as high end collectible but it's still a figure made in mass production. This is an action figure first and foremost, its just one you pose with kid-gloves. I think some collector's have this high horse mentality/expectation that is just far too unrealistic to achieve from a company standpoint. Read HT's Facebook, they're animals. :duh

You're not kidding there. Some peoples expectations are waayyy too high for these kind of products.

:lol

Anybody elses hat hair not align perfectly?

I had trouble with mine at first and then noticed a little bit of the plastic hair had curled under. Might check that.

And guys weather this is a toy or not is a moot point. The fact of the matter is HT has given me way more bang for the buck in the past.

It could be called a doll too. Don't care. What matters is I'm used to a certain standard that wasn't upheld with this release. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth as an Indy collector I like parts of it but as a avid HT buyer I know when something is not up to typical standard.

I really think that the hurdles with Lucasfilm approving things is what hurt this release, not anything HT didn't do. I think we will see it on Bespin Luke too.

Also agree that our expectations are crazy high. I'm victim to that too... I do know you can't hit a home run every time but it feels like first base or even second base isn't acceptAble anymore either.

A lot of valid points here from the fellow freaks, but it's definitely a controversial release.

Also agree that our expectations are crazy high. I'm victim to that too... I do know you can't hit a home run every time but it feels like first base or even second base isn't acceptAble anymore either.

A lot of valid points here from the fellow freaks, but it's definitely a controversial release.

RF,
I agree. I was expecting the difinitve Indy collectible (not big on PF's) and was VERY underwhelmed with what we got. While the package looks great , im not happy with the sculpt. In fact , ive been back and forth on the wall whether i should get this or not all week. I hate to dish out out big bucks and still have that settling feeling. I was close to buying it yesterday, but then i saw the capt Jack pics and it kind of pissed me off. First thing i though is, why is this sculpt so on target? and indy so off?? I even got a hold of Trevor to see if a 2.0 Raiders Indy was possible, but thats a no no for a while with his connections to SST. I can tell you one thing, this is a prime opportunity for a sculptor to make some cash if they can produce an excellent replacement sculpt! LOL.

I had luck this time, my Dr. Jones is this time duty free!:-D.

The first I have to say: the box is really heavy! I'm no on the way home.. Will make later some pictures.

A few shots of my display.

100_5255-1.jpg

100_5255-2.jpg

100_5255-3.jpg

100_5255-4.jpg

This jones and now jack! Both come with so much stuff... These 2 fig will be outstanding together. Endless amount of possibilities. It's actually got me considering canceling both superman and captain America. Superman for the price is kind of pathetic? I realize the donation part but in the end he's going to cost (got the exclusive) more than what I paid for jones. He's should be a lot less without a doubt and i do think captain America is priced right but he'll probably end up just staying in the box. I only display 3 fig at a time (recycle the old)...

What to do???!

I will tend to agree that the figure is not perfect but I still think is pretty freaking great. The likeness is the best 1/6th Indy yet, including custom or non custom. I go to the custom messages and all of the best Indies have the Hot Toys head. Just look at Commtech's Indiana Jones. That's the figure I want but I just refuse to drop that much coin on an action-figure. People that know me already think I am insane :). I compared it to the Sideshow Indy and it laughable how much better the figure is. It's some of the accessories that bug me. They shouldn't be so cheaply made and delicate/flimsy feeling. There isn't any reason why this figure couldn't be the home-run that Jack Sparrow is; however, what we got was a solid triple.

Back