HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some nice poses! :monkey5
How did you get it to look good on all fours? Got any side-shots of that?
The hind legs always look a bit off when I try that.

Sucks about the tear on the knee. It seems everyone is having a hard time putting on the limbs.:(
Furthermore, mine doesn't have a problem with loose hips. Maybe you're having problems with yours because you sheered a bit off? :confused:

m839rs.jpg

One of the tears

23ljl9s.jpg

And of course the gap I mentioned.

Ouch! Bummer!:(

Hm I don't have that many side shots taken because I thought most people have done that lol. This is the closest thing I have but it's not focused well.

dcviur.jpg

And from the rear
2a971ud.jpg

I guess one trick is to arch the spine downwards so it gives the figure a lower center of gravity.

Yeah I think my limbs got loose from all the twisting and turning as I tried to put the darn thing on. I think next time I'll just put a dab of baby oil in the ball joint to see if that helps.

with the head lifted up is there any looks of that chest seam comming apart? those with the AVP brown Alien will know of my concern.
or does this guy not have that seam?

Re: Random pix:

Almost twins?
DSC06826.jpg

What kind of alien is that on the right and who manufactured it? I searched Hot Toys' website but couldn't find that kind. I saw a brown alien version but it's just a colored variant of the warrior alien from avp with the same type of leg.

Last edited:

What kind of alien is that on the right and who manufactured it? I searched Hot Toys' website but couldn't find that kind. I saw a brown alien version but it's just a colored variant of the warrior alien from aliens with the same type of leg.

Yep, That is cool. I read that the legs rework was a customization:

https://xeno-nator.webs.com/alienresurrection.htm

This one?
Or this one?

You can find out more info here, and here.
I didn't have to repaint anything. ;)

thx dude.....i love that alien custom,,nice creature

I'm not sure.
SS should be getting theirs soon though. The HT website does have them in-stock.

Yup. I got mine from EBAY.

Skreeee!!!!!!!

wgvpjs.jpg

.[/QUOTE]

damn....it would be nice to posed the alien attack..:naughty

Some mention has been made of using baby oil as a lubricant, to aid in the attachment of the leg. I would just like to point out that condom users are warned not to use baby oil as a lubricant, because it can break down the rubber latex compound. I suggest using a drop of dishwashing liquid, just in case Hot Toys make these out of a similar material.

Thanks bigzam!
I'll give that pose a try.

What kind of alien is that on the right and who manufactured it? I searched Hot Toys' website but couldn't find that kind. I saw a brown alien version but it's just a colored variant of the warrior alien from avp with the same type of leg.

The_Darkness_Predator is right. It's a customized Brown AVP Warrior. ;)

BTW, guess what? I just came off the phone with Les. He's doing OK.:cool:
It really sucks that he's "out of a computer" for now, but he's working on it.

Furthermore, he just got his Dog Alien today and is just as stoked as I am about it. He also mentioned having to ship stuff out to everyone (you know who you are), but didn't get into the specifics. And lastly, he wanted to wish everyone a Happy [belated] New Year.

I can't help but wonder if he'll eventually work his magic on the dog alien too? :monkey5

I feel this alien looks the most natural when striking poses because of the way the legs are deigned... The other hot toys aliens had that joint at the knee which really screwed up the sculpt for me.

Took a quick couple of shots last night, I'm loving this figure so far-

pose1-6.jpg

detail2-2.jpg

squat.jpg

all4s.jpg

detail3-2.jpg

fullbod-1.jpg

fullstretch.jpg

detail.jpg

sizecomp-1.jpg

heihtcomp2.jpg

Great pics, wookster. You got any of the alien attacking/mauling the human on the floor like in the movie? When will the review be up? I love the transparent dome.

Great pics, wookster. You got any of the alien attacking/mauling the human on the floor like in the movie? When will the review be up? I love the transparent dome.

Not yet, I have quite a review back-log right now, just finishing BR Joker, then I have Lost Pred, Alien Bust, Two-face, Secet service figs, Dog Alien a couple of sets of Cosbabies another ZC girl and Enterbay FOF on the way... gonna be a busy boy, but in short I can't say when exactly but soon... stay tuned!

great pictures Wookster, I really like the 2 shots where tha alien is standing.

Cheers, but in playing around with it i think the poses on all fours work best.

Hmm. This might be a grower. I'm liking the shape of the head and the dome looks good. Just took my McFarlane one out again to compare and the face end of that figure is a bit, i dunno, blunt. Not sure if thats accurate. McFarlanes is skinnier though and has that long tail. Ah sure, I won't mind having both.

Awesome pics everyone...especially Facebox!! Amazing stuff!! I have this on preorder with BBTS...hope they ship it soon!

Also, regarding the blue/black Hot Toys Aliens Alien.... I went to open mine for the first time yesterday, and the joints are so loose (shoulders, hips and ankles) the thing will not hold any kind of pose, so I just put it back in the box. Any suggestions for making the joints tighter?

Also, regarding the blue/black Hot Toys Aliens Alien.... I went to open mine for the first time yesterday, and the joints are so loose (shoulders, hips and ankles) the thing will not hold any kind of pose, so I just put it back in the box. Any suggestions for making the joints tighter?
solution #1 - put a drop of super glue in each loose joint and quickly, but gently move it around until the glue dries and the joints feel tighter.

solution #2 - just glue the whole thing together in a pose that you REALLY like.

solution #3 - place it back in the box, ship it back to Hot Toys with a strongly-worded letter, and a bill for the amount you paid for their shoddy figure.

solution #4 - sell it and wait for NECA to make a better one.

Back