HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm I think I'll do that tomorrow. It's getting late and I am too tired to load them up again.

I'll write my impressions for now. Great looking figure. Comes very close but not perfect. What it really needs is a stand. I don't care if the legs are made out of metal and has some crazy locking mechanism, there is no way in hell this figure can stand sturdy due to its design with the tiny feet and with the top heavy mass. Uh oh I can foresee problems for Robocop 2 Cain.

The figure can actually do all the poses from the Halcyon and sideshow diorama poses, only problem is you need some kind of support to help the figure stand. On its own it won't hold. It will stand on its own like the stock photos but if you want crazy dynamic poses that ain't gonna happen.

Joints on the legs also has problems because it's double ball joints and it has quite a huge gap in between so they tend to swivel a lot. I will be making some custom "braces" and insert into these gaps hopefully it can hold the legs from waving side to side.

Oh and be SUPER extra careful when trying to put the right leg. Oh man I can somewhat imagine some collectors crying and screaming in my mind from breaking the rubber surface on the leg if they force it too hard. I actually has small rips on two areas because I exerted too much force but they are tiny and don't stand out so I can live with it. But yeah be extra careful, this is a pretty serious thing to look out for. I would recommend a small tab of baby oil or just use and x-acto knife to trim a little bit of the socket area off.

Sculpt wise, this is a very beautiful Alien figure despite its inaccuracies, probably the best HT has to offer until the Riddley Scott's version comes out.

I will uploads the pics as soon as I can tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:
check this out guys..

https://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=10892

a3.jpg

Wow, that is fantastic. I hadnt seen that peice before.

Random pix:

Space reserved for the ALIEN Xeno.
DSC06632-1.jpg

Family photo:
DSC06820.jpg

DSC06828.jpg

I wish the HT dog alien included an articulated super-facehugger.
DSC06835.jpg

DSC06836.jpg

Or a dog-buster

DSC06837.jpg

Almost twins?
DSC06826.jpg

Clearer shots:
DSC06842.jpg

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06847.jpg

Oh and be SUPER extra careful when trying to put the right leg. [...] yeah be extra careful, this is a pretty serious thing to look out for.

I agree with you 100%
The legs are pretty difficult to get on.

Last edited:
Those pics are cool! Say... that's a nice queen facehugger. Do you know where I can get one? It looks about 1/6 scale.

Thanks.

Thank you.
I thought they would help some guys pass the time until theirs arrive. :banana

The super-facehugger is actually a custom. (not made by me)
The base figure is Konami's 1/6th facehugger.

Mine just arrived along with Harvey Dent, won't be able to construct it till I get home tonight, but just playing around with one arm and leg attached I think this might be my new favourite Hot Toys figure.
I've always considered the rear 'breathing tubes' on the ALIEN part of its iconic silhouette, but geeze this guy is soo cool as well. The leg articulation is far better than I thought it would be and the hard translucent patches on the body work so well.
Can't wait to build this thing properly.

marvelous facebox...thats a family fair for those aliens....love the new dog...but where did u get dad dog-buster??is it from HT alien dog added??...hm...could u make a photo for the alien which had the glass head only??thx for that shots...thats rock mang!!

marvelous facebox...thats a family fair for those aliens....love the new dog...but where did u get dad dog-buster??is it from HT alien dog added??...hm...could u make a photo for the alien which had the glass head only??thx for that shots...thats rock mang!!

The dog-buster is made by Konami and was not included.
newpics029.jpg

Size ref:
DSC06832.jpg

The glass head only? I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:

Oh, and here is a pic of the Konami Facehugger (right) compared to Hot Toys' (left):
newpics031.jpg

Last edited:
ah, cool. i have that konami dogburster with my halcyon adult a3 kit. it's awesome.
there's even a perfectly sized area on the base for it.
i wish konami had made more of those figures.

Incidentally, does anybody know where the Konami figurines are still available? (other than ebay)

Thanks!

I'm starting to get very excited about this figure. Looking forward to getting it!

Dammit Facebox, you're pics are killing me! Great pose and lighting. Any ideas on how long it takes SSC generally to get HT product?

Incidentally, does anybody know where the Konami figurines are still available? (other than ebay)

Thanks!

I'm starting to get very excited about this figure. Looking forward to getting it!
nah, i've looked. they've been out of production for a while, so eBay is your best bet.
that's where i got all (both) of mine, anyway.

hm...thx..nice reviews..i meant the alien with full transparant skull..like dog, alien from avp...hm..did u repainted that konami one.??

This one?
Or this one?

You can find out more info here, and here.
I didn't have to repaint anything. ;)

Dammit Facebox, you're pics are killing me! Great pose and lighting. Any ideas on how long it takes SSC generally to get HT product?

I'm not sure.
SS should be getting theirs soon though. The HT website does have them in-stock.

nah, i've looked. they've been out of production for a while, so eBay is your best bet.
that's where i got all (both) of mine, anyway.

Yup. I got mine from EBAY.

Finally had a chance to upload the pics. Thanks mr.fan for recommending tinypic.com.

s62aua.jpg

Close up without flash

14npsac.jpg

Close up with flash

14juh34.jpg

Ready to dash out!!!

2h2pc9e.jpg

GO!!!

51xymq.jpg

RAHHHH Meat!!! Meat!!!

2dsh209.jpg

Attempting the Halcyon model pose

Last edited:
Here's a leaping pose using my ghetto stands.

21m85k9.jpg

6sugt1.jpg

Skreeee!!!!!!!

wgvpjs.jpg

From the back

m839rs.jpg

One of the tears

23ljl9s.jpg

And of course the gap I mentioned.

Back