How2Work's Albert Einstein

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know you did the sculpts for Toy Presidents... I was so let down by their paint work. Always looked like a good sculpt, but it was hard to tell.

So who else (besides Einstein) did you sculpt?

Yeah, I had some quality concerns. I only did 2 heads for them that made it to production, Einstein and Ben Franklin. I was going to sculpt Winston Churchill but it was at that point that I came to the realization that my relationship with them was not in my best interest...... let's leave it at that. I think I saw the Franklin on Robot Chicken recently. I don't normally watch it, but I caught a glimpse and I'd swear it was my figure. Who knows....

Anyway, the sculpts were too big, but that's what they wanted.

Yeah, I had some quality concerns. I only did 2 heads for them that made it to production, Einstein and Ben Franklin. I was going to sculpt Winston Churchill but it was at that point that I came to the realization that my relationship with them was not in my best interest...... let's leave it at that. I think I saw the Franklin on Robot Chicken recently. I don't normally watch it, but I caught a glimpse and I'd swear it was my figure. Who knows....
I know I'm still, after several years, in the market for Stalin and Churchill, since Drastic Plastic's series of WWII leaders ended after they'd only put out Hitler and Roosevelt. I imagine these would not be fast sellers, but they would sell steadily since there's such a huge military collectors' market out there.

I know I'm still, after several years, in the market for Stalin and Churchill, since Drastic Plastic's series of WWII leaders ended after they'd only put out Hitler and Roosevelt. I imagine these would not be fast sellers, but they would sell steadily since there's such a huge military collectors' market out there.

Well, I have the half done Churchill sitting around somewhere. Too large for 1/6 scale, though. Plus it has +9% added for rotocast vinyl shrink. Think I'd have to start from scratch.

Might be cool to do the leaders from WWII; Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin, Truman, etc.....

Anyway, the sculpts were too big, but that's what they wanted.

I can believe it... I was really impressed with their first Release (George W.) and bought one; not a fan of the President, but thought it would be fun. But the later figures just looked so different, almost like a different company took over.

But great work on the Einstein and Franklin, the raw sculpts look awesome :rock

I still have my Einstein, and yes, it proved to be too large for the custom I'd planned. The head won't look right on another body. This was a strange company -- the figures had big heads, very long necks, and short arms. I'd also thought your FDR might look great with a new body sitting in a Drastic Plastic wheelchair, but the head is just huge.

I too have sought a Churchill head for a long time and think it would go over well at OSW....:rolleyes:

Anyway, the How2Works Einstein is already dressed as I planned, and will go well with the big prop I found to complete him.

Here's my plan:

1-6-schwinn.jpg

einstein_bike.jpg

:D

I was very excited when I saw this thread, but disappointed when I got the end without any release news. A 12" Einstein would be a brilliant addition to my shelves, I hope we can get some solid news on him soon.

I emailed the How2work site a while back, and got this reply on 2/3/09:

This is Jeff from How2work.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Actually, Albert Einstein is still under production and adjusting right now, we will release within this year.
I will keep updates for you.
Thanks,

Jeff Fok
How2work Limited

That is great news gruff :)

Thank you for sharing and hope he can ride that little bicycle in the near future.

Back