How Weird Am I....Musings about collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes you can offer your opinions.

Is it weird that as a female over 40 that I love collectibles?
I am not talking about thimbles or spoons. We are talking
movies, tv, etc. I grew up watching Ultraman, Dr Who, Godzilla
all sorts of Sci Fi and fantasy movies. I remember watching The Beast from
20000 Fathoms and having nightmares for weeks, but I still loved
the movie. I know that the majority of people here are guys with
a few of us token females. Am I weird because I collect things that
most people think only guys like?
:wacky

dr2red said:
Yes you can offer your opinions.

I am not talking about thimbles or spoons. We are talking
movies, tv, etc. I grew up watching Ultraman, Dr Who, Godzilla
all sorts of Sci Fi and fantasy movies. I remember watching The Beast from
20000 Fathoms and having nightmares for weeks, but I still loved
the movie. I know that the majority of people here are guys with
a few of us token females. Am I weird because I collect things that
most people think only guys like?
:wacky

no your not weird

your just comfortable with your inner geek :lol

What's weird is you think women playing with dolls is weird. I always thought it was the other way around. Weird huh.

Collectibles Creech, not Dollies.......

I did the Barbie thing when I was younger but I have not been a
collector until the last few years.

dr2red said:

Weirder yet that you are a Kurgan!

Our Lady Red squashing all stereotypes!!!!

I think it awesome that you are into collectibles and that you were the first lady of the Krusade.

King Darkness said:
Weirder yet that you are a Kurgan!

Our Lady Red squashing all stereotypes!!!!

I think it awesome that you are into collectibles and that you were the first lady of the Krusade.

Same here... I's refreshing to see ladies here as well as Men. Most are too afraid to say they do it, or they ignore the passions within themselves and live out hollow boring lives....forever depressed about the decisions they made....

You are different... and more level for it. :rock

You are not weird at all... you are sooooo awesome... my house has more statues than people in it and guess what... love me, love my statues :D

They are pieces of art and I love each and every one of them. Started out with LOTR and then Marvel. But I just simply buy anything that I love. Yep love my Terminator Endoskeleton.

Colleen... you rock :) And yes my wonderful fairy is standing proud between my LOTR collection :D

You're not as unusual as you may think. Not many post as much on these boards, but we're out there. Believe me. :wave

You're not weird....besides don't care what others think , they're just ignorant :monkey2

I consider myself more female than male , always had a very strong feminine side...it's just part of my personality :eek:

I think it's great that you collect what you love! And I especially like that you love sci-fi, horror, fantasy and the like!!! Oh, and by the way, what ever happened to pictures of your Patient Zero and other zombies??? :stick

High Fives to the mature woman that loves scifi and geekdom! You are not alone! :chew Remember, all those young geeky guys would be nowhere without us!

Karl Stromberg said:
You're not weird....besides don't care what others think , they're just ignorant :monkey2

I consider myself more female than male , always had a very strong feminine side...it's just part of my personality :eek:

You're fine Doc. "Course I'm worried to hell about Karl now. :lol

"Chuck Norris checks his closet for Karl Stromberg"

:rotfl :lol

What's wrong with a guy being feminine...and yet girls can be macho go figure , it's just stereotypes y'know *sigh*

Back