How was your ordering experience this week?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a co-worker who had never used sideshow's site before. she had no trouble getting me the aragorn exclusive.:banana

First it was great because I was at home and able to participate.
Second I logged on fast and within two minutes had completed
my pre order.
I was impressed with the set up and the speed at which I was able
to order.

thanks for asking Chicky

I still had the same problem as last week. After waiting...

...and then logging in, I was told that the figure was not yet available for preorder. As with Obi-Wan, people were already reporting successful orders online, so I knew this was an error in the system. (Others posted here that they experienced the same thing.) This time, Chris was online and sent me some PMs, and was working to help me. This happened twice before I gave up and ultimately ordered successfully through a direct link posted by a board member here. I did go back later and found that I was able to log in and view the order page successfully. So it worked eventually, but not before I had already ordered it through a different method due to the recurring problem. But, like I said, it would have eventually worked had I kept at it. But the initial problem was still there during the first fifteen minutes. Better than the 40 minutes and 4 failed login attempts with Obi-Wan. It'e getting better!

Chicky said:
That is what the web team would like to know?:horror

and thanks for your advice!! Or I would have refresh many times and lose the chance to pre-order!! The screens certainly looked the PC has got stalled.... but I stick to it... and my order is complete...this is my first experience.. and it is great... took me about a minute only.

Just some suggestion, in the "survival guide", you might like to add in some screenshots of how the screens might look like (eg blank screens) so that users will "visually" know what to expect... telling them not to refresh their screens may not be good enough for novice collectors like myself. :peace :peace

I was at work and had to call my order in. I was a little apprehensive, never ordering by phone before, but, it went great. Very friendly, and excellent service. Came home and my confirmation e-mail was waiting for me.

Thank-you Sideshow.

I ordered at about 10:15, and my order went through about as easily as Lurtz! :cool: :D :joy :banana

i love the streamline ordering system. you cant miss it at all. easy to log on and order and easier to check out.

much gratitude for this convenience for us...

Took me about 15 minutes this week. Still kept getting the not available for preorder yet screen just like Tomandshell at first. Then once I finally got the order page up it kept telling me I had to log in again at which time it would again tell me that it wasn't available for preorder yet.

But after about 15 minutes of this cycle, it did indeed work and go through well.

6 minutes. I don't know why there are so many pages to go through. It's the sign in, then the sale page, you click purchase, then it goes to a cart, then you press order, then it goes to the final page, then I have to click on address to get my home address, then I click on the final buy, then the order # comes up. I think skip the cart and go from the sale page to the final page. I don't think it's much different from before except you don't have to find the sale page which is a little more convenient than before.

For the first 15 minutes, the site was pretty bogged down for me. I kept getting "Page cannot be displayed" errors. The one time I made it as far as the login page, it accepted my username and password, but then never got to the order page.

After 15 minutes, though, the problems suddenly cleared up, and I was able to place my order with no problems or slowdowns.

For the first time, I wasn't at home and had to borrow a computer at my wife's work. I didn't start trying until 10:07. Saw some white screen for a while. Finally got the home page to load at 10:11, and had to log in then, of course.

Had my order completed by 10:15.

I guess you'd have to say it was pretty painless. THANKS!

i was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly the pre-order went for me today -- luke, anakin & ben all took over an hour, so i made a sandwich and a cup of coffee & got all settled in for a repeat of the previous experiences. and then it took 2 minutes :google so, kudos sideshow peoples!!! :peace :joy y'all :rock

Back