How to paint / create "sweat effect" on 1:6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sas_aaron

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys,

can anyone share on how to paint / create "sweat effect" on 1:6 scale figure ?

I want to make this on my HOT TOYS DX05 Indiana Jones. will appreciate any brothers who can share on how to do it.

use a small brush

draw a thin line of gloss varnish that contours to the face like sweat would

load your brush up again and drop a bead of gloss varnish at the end of the streak

dot face with random beads in key places

hope this helps :)

thanks for replying guys! Any good gloss varnish recommended for best sweat effect ?

Is the liquitex not acrylic and is it the gel type?
As I have been using tamiya and Vallejo with crap results also can't get future here in the UK.

use a small brush

draw a thin line of gloss varnish that contours to the face like sweat would

load your brush up again and drop a bead of gloss varnish at the end of the streak

dot face with random beads in key places

hope this helps :)

will try this:)

liquitex (varnish)

garagekits.us (acrylic route)

windsor newton (varnish)

pledge future floor polish (acrylic route)

thanks pal, I will try out the varnish route as you suggested . I just bought a bottle of Tamiya clear X-22 before this posting , think I will try to find other uses for it.

anything that coagulates when left out can be used to achieve beads of varying quality. it's also better to keep the surface the bead is on flat, so it dries without any interference from gravity. there are tons of ways to do this though - i'm sure there's something more effective out there that i haven't tried, so if anybody knows, please chime in.

Hi, I read on other thread that after painting a figure, there is a need to seal it to protect the paint.

is it really necessary?

what can I use for sealing the paint on the headsculpt? can you recommend any brand ?

Back