How to paint a Phicen body ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codsworth

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi !

I just received my body Phicen, and I would like to paint into blue to improve my figurine Coreplay Successor (Warcraft Sylvanas Windrunner).

However, I don't know how to do it, I have read several techniques on the Internet, some advise to use very diluted paint, others simple watercolor pencils (and this technic seems to be the best).

But needless to say that I would like a reliable technique to paint sillicone, these bodies are quite expensive, and it would hurt to destroy one.

Thank you !

I want know that too. I read about silicone based paint, but never found any

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The best thing you can use is silicone based makeup, just depends if you can get the colour you want. It's as simple as applying it and letting the due transfer then cleaning off the excess.

Alternatively you want a silicone based paint but this is not cheap.

Mmmh, I'm looking at sillicone based paint, and I'm afraid it will cracked over time.

What is the RPF? I'm not familiar with these forums yet.

You have to be careful with silicone paint, there are two types of silicone tin based, and platinum based, platinum and tin do not cure against one another, so you have to figure out what type of silicone the body is made out of first. I'm actually in the middle of testing this myself right now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This guy use Aquarell, the render looks pretty good :

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...cussion-/733831-shaak-ti-force-unleashed.html

But the problem is still the same, the color are not going to fix to the body

"You have to be careful with silicone paint, there are two types of silicone tin based, and platinum based, platinum and tin do not cure against one another, so you have to figure out what type of silicone the body is made out of first. I'm actually in the middle of testing this myself right now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk"

=> I don't know a lot on silicone paint, I'm going to watch which method is the best, Aquarell looks easy, but silicone paint looks good too but a little bit more expensive and hard.

Yeah I know what you mean, cracking would suck.
The RPF is the Replica Prop Forum. Lots and lots of talent on there.

Thank you, I'm going to ask my question on this forum so.

But yes, painting is worrying me. Watercolor seems less "dangerous", if the color dissipates, it will be the worst, but no risk of damaging the body.

I'm going to create a topic soon for my progress.

You can check YouTube there's a lot of tutorials about painting silicone baby dolls.

Oh god, I just watching the painting tutorial on baby dolls, it's ****ing weiiiiiird.

But they use a lot of material.

I'm going to try with watercolor. I bought a kit on Internet, I'm going to see if this works. I'll keep you informed. And if this don't works, I'm going to try silicone paint.

And apparently they fix the color with varnish ... I think my varnish GameWorkshop will do.

Any updates on painting phicen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be careful with silicone paint, there are two types of silicone tin based, and platinum based, platinum and tin do not cure against one another, so you have to figure out what type of silicone the body is made out of first. I'm actually in the middle of testing this myself right now.

Do you have your results from this experiment?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I painted silicone pigment on one of the phicen bodies and it seemed to rub off after a day with just acetone, alcohol, or rubbing it with a paper towel. However I let it sit for about a month and tried to wipe it off and it didn't come off, so it seems they need to sit for a long time but this is one way I haven't had time to do further experiments.
1ddda6fa180069a8b74512232d8ed868.jpg
db69caba5996aaa4623817226adf6c9a.jpg

Back