How to make a perfect customized CAPTAIN AMERICA 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab.H.Mace

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Freaks!

I'd want to make a customized Captain America 12" figure and I search for informations and suggestions to do it!

CaptainAmerica_Head3.jpg

I already have an idea of which body I want to use: a Hot Toys True Type one..!
And I believe I could make or find some parts of the costume (the pants, the belt and the pouches)...

But, where could I find a 1/6 scale Cap's modern shield?
What kind of boots and gloved hands I could use?
And which head I could use to figure the Steve Rogers character?

I'm not very skilled with paint and I'd like to not have any painting to do...

So, I thank you to help me to find the best way to make the best customized Captain America 12" figure!

Last edited:
There is a seller (greydeath?) on ebay that sells a Cap head that is quite good. It would need to be painted but the sculpt is a great start.

Marvel Icons shield ??? possibly sculpt

HT Muscle body

needle and thread

Red white and blue spandex

Red leatherette

ammo belts from World War Twice

Thanks, all, for your advices!

Nevertheless, Ironman1188, let me recall you that I'm not very skilled with paint! ...

At least you got the head and the shield but you should cheat about cap just like I did :

T'es matinale dis-donc ;)

It's just great! I love it!
It's true that I'd prefer to can make the modern Cap, but this one is fantastic!

For the shield, why didn't you use the 1940s one made by Master Replica..?

wizarduniverse_2009_249371466

Could you tell me, by PM, what stuffs you used for your 40s Captain America?
Thanks by advance!

I'm planning on customizing a Captain America as well. I already have most of the parts. I intend to use a DCD 13" Flash body as the base ( I know, not many fans of that line!), and I have an extra ICONS masked Cap that will be donating a head and shield. The Icons head looks great on the DCD body, or at least as good as the other DCD figures. I also have an extra Icons unmasked Cap/Steve Rogers head, so I'll probably try to make the heads interchangeable.
I'm fairly skilled at making costumes (I made dozens of FAMOUS COVERS customs a number of years back) so that won't be a problem. I need to experiment with techniques to create a faux-chainmail appearance for the tunic. And the boots are an obstacle for the time being. I have an extra Captain Marvel who could donate his boots, all they'd need would be a paint job.

Hi all Folks!

I'm coming back to tell you where I am in the making of my customized Captain America 12" figure...

At this time, I've found the perfect head to use on my figure.
It's the Hot Toys British Army Tank Commander figure one, who has, for me, exactly the perfect face to portray Steve Rogers...

900210_press12-001.jpg

Like I said before, I intend to use a True Type body by Hot Toys. So, this head will fit perfectly!

For the shield, I intend to use one taking on a Marvel Icons 12" figure...

So, for the moment, it does lack only the gloved hands and the boots...
I can't find the ones that I need to make a modern Captain America.

So, is there someone who could give me some ideas to find the pieces I search for?

Thanks!

Great choice of headsculpt... I know dragon makes gaunlet gloves, or you could get a Sideshow Maul or Praji. They'd have to be painted, but would probably work well.

you could wait for the harvey dent figure from the dark knight.
If they do a clean sculpt the chin perfect ! :rock:lol

Hope it works out for you , good luck ! :rock

Back