How to make a 1/6th scale Aliens corridor...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpawnFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since the Slug asked I though I'd post my "how to make a 1/6th scale Aliens corridor" on here.

Here are the girders I used. With the cardboard cutout I used as a mold on the left and a painted one on the right and the rest of the unpainted ones in the middle.

DSC00823.jpg

I draw the size of the girders out on these sheets of plaster and started to cut these out with an exacto knife and afterwords painted them black.

Painted girders;

DSC00825.jpg

Wooden bar from hobby shop. like a curtain bar, painted red and a long wooden sort of side skirt also found at hobby shop painted yellow and afterwords added small strips of tape and painted the uncovered parts black to make the safety bar.

DSC00828.jpg

Drawn out plans and drawn spaces for the girders and the red panels on sheets of plaster for size reference.

I made the red panels also using pieces of plaster and cut the diagonal/horizontal patters on the panels out of thick cardboard and glued them on the pieces of plaster which I painted a dirty red afterwords.

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

I then painted the sheet of plaster black and glued the girders and the red panels in place.

I glued the safety bar on the appropriate spot on the girders and added small neon lights, about 7 inches in size, to the safety bar and cut some numbers out of paper and painted them white and glued them in place on the red wooden bar.

And the finished product;

DSC01170.jpg

Nice tutorial SpawnFan, I am intending to have a go at this as a backdrop dispaly for my figures and eggs...
Dizzy:google

I hope you don't mind me dropping in to give my opinion.

When you look at the hive structure in the films, you can see that the nest material is integrated with the structure around it. That image you posted looks cool, but it's essentially a lazy attempt by the game designers to recreate the look.

What I'd advise it that you build a mechanical structure first, then add the Hive to it. Here are a few examples:

Pix014.jpg

Pix007.jpg

Pix003.jpg

Obviously, paint is still required.
The black parts are PVC tubes and wire looms/covers that can be found at Lowel's. The slime was made using my glue gun.

Another method would be to use foam & sculpty.

Again, what you want to do is start with the structure first, then add the Hive where you want it.

smaliensd9kh-1.jpg

Carve a little here and there, then add paint:
dio_09_P7080199-1.jpg

dio_09_file000-1.jpg

Hope you find these useful.
If anyone would like to see how I made my dio, please check out the website in my profile.

Peace.

:peace

its great seeing examples of what people are doing to show the best of their figures :D great work there spawn......good to see a finished dio.

Just need to add the lighting :rolleyes: and of course waiting on the necessary figures to come back :naughty

Hopefully it will look ok when all is done....

Great ideas Facebox... I was a bit stumped on how to do the secreted resin, so a glue-gun is perfect!
Dizzy

Back