How Many Star Wars 12" Figures Will Be Released Before The Line Looses Steam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think if Han Solo looked more like 1980 Harrison Ford, he would sell out much, much faster.

This may have been posted somewhere else, but I was wondering how many years does SS have the SW license for?

Customikey said:
Bite your tongue man!

Anyone notice that Han isn't sold out yet?

yep, and he deserves no better! Han may be a popular character, but, with all the Han's we've seen over the years, I think collectors are eagerly anticipating SW characters that haven't been that much exposed. Well, I am anyway.

bluesparrow said:
Thing is, Star Wars has so many A-List characters, if they do half the lineup of each year on big names they can last a long time.

We still have by my count:

Darth Maul
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
2 versions of Boba Fett
4 versions of Darth Vader
2 versions of Palpatine
7 versions of Leia
7+ versions of Padme
3 versions of Han Solo
5 versions of Luke
Qui Gon Jinn
2 versions of Yoda
2 more Anakins(assuming they make the TPM little kid)
3 more Obi Wan Kenobis
3 versions of C3P0
2 versions of Chewbacca
3 versions of Lando
R2D2

So 50 or so, and I probably forgot a couple. Add to that these popular but less well known characters:

half a dozen prequel Jedi at least
half a dozen bounty hunters
15-20 trooper variations
half a dozen Imperial Officer variations
Half a dozen Rebellion Officer variations
about a dozen Cantina Aliens

At twelve figures a year? This is like 7-8 years worth of stuff that is yet unannounced. And these would all pretty much sell well. By the standards of regular sideshow figures, anyway. Han took a while to sell out... ten times more pieces than most other figures from other licenses.

Now that is what I call wishful thinking! I really hope no one at SSC is taking this list seriously...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
yep, and he deserves no better! Han may be a popular character, but, with all the Han's we've seen over the years, I think collectors are eagerly anticipating SW characters that haven't been that much exposed. Well, I am anyway.

I still have yet to see a good resemblance of Han. I was really hoping (and expecting) Han to have as good a resemblance as Luke, Anakin, Obiwan, and Kit. He is a main character and deserves the ultimate treatment. It's too bad we now have to wait a couple years for maybe another variation of Han to get him right.

Batty said:
This may have been posted somewhere else, but I was wondering how many years does SS have the SW license for?

Batty, I think they have the license for little over a year or so. The license issue has been addressed in one of the latest podcasts. Perhaps in the dreadful "Gray Hulk" podcast - just had to mention it again héhé?

JustinLuck said:
I still have yet to see a good resemblance of Han. I was really hoping (and expecting) Han to have as good a resemblance as Luke, Anakin, Obiwan, and Kit. He is a main character and deserves the ultimate treatment. It's too bad we now have to wait a couple years for maybe another variation of Han to get him right.
I do agree, we haven't seen the ultimate Han yet. But for a 12" Bespin Han is pretty good. Not my favorite though. Don't forget, we yet have to see the figure face to face, might be better in reality?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Now that is what I call wishful thinking! I really hope no one at SSC is taking this list seriously...

It wasn't a wishlist. It was a list of characters that will almost certainly sell well and thus prop up the line, and the number of variations each character potentially has.

I don't particularly want 7 Leia's.

bluesparrow said:
It wasn't a wishlist. It was a list of characters that will almost certainly sell well and thus prop up the line, and the number of variations each character potentially has.

I don't particularly want 7 Leia's.

Oh, ok! Sorry for misunderstanding!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Batty, I think they have the license for little over a year or so. The license issue has been addressed in one of the latest podcasts. Perhaps in the dreadful "Gray Hulk" podcast - just had to mention it again héhé?
I hate gray hulk. I missed him and have hulk-sized anger about it!!

Back