How many came to SS for Star Wars and ended up addicted to SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to actually to back and look up my order history to find the first piece I ordered from SS. It was the Dr. NO/Sean Connery deal back in '02. Then I went Universal monster, Star Trek, Modern Horror, and now Marvel and Terminator. Still no Star Wars though.

I had known about SSC before the Star Wars line but avoided it completely. When the Star Wars line came to fruition I went full speed ahead and now I'm collecting, various SSC lines; The Dead, LOTR, Marvel, Universal Monsters and something tells me whatever is unveiled on Christmas Day will put another round of hurt on my wallet.

Yeah, I became addicted to SS after they announced the SW line but ended up also collecting some of the SSW LOTR statues.....

If not for the freaking huge shipping costs, I would have actually bought more SS products.....sigh....:monkey2

Now, I would be a lifetime slave to SS if they announce Palpatine as the next SW PF or 12" figure!:monkey5

I was familiar with Sideshow about the time the Army of Darkness figures hit the market. I was eyeing a 12" S-mart Ash and never bought one. Kind of regretting it now. Then see-sawed on the LOTR poly for about six months and then decided to start collecting those. I've been buying from Sideshow for about three or four years now and it has become one of two main companies I buy from, although for right now they are not serving my Star Wars needs.

I came to SS for Star Wars (though I ended up buying some X-Files figures during the wait for Luke to arrive as well) and ended up more intrested in Medicom figures :D

bcm77 said:
I came to SS for Star Wars (though I ended up buying some X-Files figures during the wait for Luke to arrive as well) and ended up more intrested in Medicom figures :D

Isn't there a board for Medicom figures?:D

The Universal Monsters brought me to Sideshow a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away! Oh wait... wrong license! Anyway, I have been a Sideshow fan for many years and collect just about everything they put out... or used to! I am now cutting back because there just isn't room any more! Love 'ya Sideshow! Now, do away with this lottery idea! :rotfl

I came because of Kit Fisto, he's awesome. But I had seen the General Grievous PF and I wanted it, I think that was from C3, but I saw the price and knew I couldn't afford it. But now I think I might eventually have enough money as long as I don't spend it on computer parts.

Star Wars got me into SS more, but SS Star Wars REALLY turned me onto Medicom. I still get the occasional 12" SS, but mainly it's gotten me into PF and Medi stuff more than SS 12".

Star Wars was definately my starting ground with SideShow, but now I also own the entire 1/6 scale Universal Monsters line.
:frank

I officially a SideShow junkie/cheerleader......whatever, I'm hooked!:ccheerlea

Merry Christmas everyone!

I came to SS becasue of the Star Wars line but I havn't bought anything else from them. I only have a few specific interests as far as collecting goes so if its not Star Wars or Pirates related I'm pretty much not intrested. They do have some cool stuff though.

8" Bride figure brought me to SSC... I then spent the next six years wishing they'd make SW. I've been hooked from the git-go.
Exactly the same with me. I bought her first, then the 8" Meta Mutant, and then the 8" Creature. I would've bought more eight inchers, but got addicted to 1/6 scale around the same time which took the majority of my available cash.

I first got hooked on SS when I bought the first wave of 8 inch Uni Monsters at TRU.

It's been an addiction ever since then.:monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

LOTR got me into SSC, then SW, MARVEL, LOTR again, PF, VS, COMIEQUETTE, now I have over 100 Sideshow statues.:monkey5 and I am keep buy them.:emperor I can't stop it.:maul

I came to SS for the LOTR pollystone line a few years ago....2002 I believe. The Star Wars line was the cherry on top for me.

darthviper107 said:
I came because of Kit Fisto, he's awesome. But I had seen the General Grievous PF and I wanted it, I think that was from C3, but I saw the price and knew I couldn't afford it. But now I think I might eventually have enough money as long as I don't spend it on computer parts.

Thanks, I aim to please LOL

Back