1/6 How long will my HotToys Batman last on display ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceCold

Freakzoid
Reaction score
OK so I have a DX11 Joker DX12 Batman sealed in the shipper box and a Batman Armory and a HotToys Joker DX11 on Display amazing looking in my Mancave in their Detolf cases. I like to pose and adjust them maybe too ofen.

My question is how much is too much and they seem fragile how long will they last ? Simply hanging out on display.

If you not playing with it, why would it break down? Try to keep it out of direct sun light.

If its in detolf maybe very long, 20-30 years maybe? Before detoriate on some parts

2 years tops.

Joking. Where do you live? Humidity and temp can affect your dolls. Pressure or lack thereof as well. Do you have pets? Do you or anyone in your home smoke? Do you have children? Do you keep your home very warm -- dry air can rot rubber.

Quite a while. I was among the first to have their DX-02 break down and start leaking within a month, I think, of receiving it, but my DX-12 is still holding up just fine. I live in Houston where the humidity even indoors is pretty high. Haven't had any issues at all.

OK so I have a DX11 Joker DX12 Batman sealed in the shipper box and a Batman Armory and a HotToys Joker DX11 on Display amazing looking in my Mancave in their Detolf cases. I like to pose and adjust them maybe too ofen.

My question is how much is too much and they seem fragile how long will they last ? Simply hanging out on display.

They'll be fine.

My question is how much is too much and they seem fragile how long will they last ?

Nobody really knows so any answer posted here is meaningless. Except for the funny ones. :clap

I've had my MMS 67 in an open air display since 2008, and it is still perfect. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on it twice a year (Jan and July,) and I handle the figure frequently.

Since I started using 303, I'm more worried about touching my HT Adam West than I am any of the rubber suited figures.

The figures will start melting after 1 or 2 years, you should buy some jars you'll need them

The exact time posted by Hot Toys in their official disclaimer is 478 days. After that, your figures will automatically explode. As that 478th day draws near, I'd advise you move your figures into a secure location where they won't be able to damage your other valuables/collectibles/small pets.

Good luck, and god speed my friend. God speed.

With global warming on the rise, you can no doubt expect the following to happen by next Thursday:

face-melt-o.gif

I live in a tropical 3rd World country. My figures are displayed in a room with air conditioning on an average of 6 hours a day. I bought my MMS67 (TDK Original suit Bats) back in 2009 but still no signs of rotting. But my DX02 suit started cracking at the ab area after only 1 year on my shelf. The rubber boots of my Chris Reeve Supes became sticky/tacky after 2 years. I guess the newer figures are not as durable due to HT's cost cutting. I'm a huge Batman fan but I stopped collecting after QS001 and Bat Armory. Though Batfleck will be hard to resist.

I use 303 on any rubber or pleather on any figures but it depends on individual care and geographic location...or maybe it doesn't. My MKVI never got pink panties and it has been on display since I first bought it while many MISB went pink so who knows.

Quite a while. I was among the first to have their DX-02 break down and start leaking within a month, I think, of receiving it, but my DX-12 is still holding up just fine. I live in Houston where the humidity even indoors is pretty high. Haven't had any issues at all.

H town collector here as well! And my DX12 is holding up just fine. Humidity here is a pain in the ass

Back