How long does the Ebay/Paypal buyer protection last?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koonfasa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought something on eBay at the start of the week, and now the seller has gone on holiday the rest of the month, also all other listings have been removed. The item I purchased also says removed because seller now states it has gone missing or broken. Everything else I start to look at makes it all the more suspect.

Wondering if I can fast track eBay to my situation or do I have to wait the length of time for it to ship? There's all these automated suggestions and just links to possible situations that all seem to say contact the seller (which I've just done, but I'm pretty sure there won't be a reply) or wait it out first. None of them actually contact anyone from eBay except reporting the item, but mentions nothing about what I need to do because I paid for it.

Shipping lists about six weeks, but if he's away that could be 10 weeks before I can do anything...

I normally do an email and then file a dispute if I haven't heard back in 24 hours. eBay has had me wait until the expected arrival date before it would take action, but I've also had them step in early.

Thanks, all I get is seller out of the office. Did jerrycans this with eBay and they actually followed up with a difficult to understand phone call within 24. They didn't really say much more than what I already knew. Wait till delivery time is exceeded.

Any way what is the length of time under buyer protection for eBay and PayPal?

Thanks, all I get is seller out of the office. Did jerrycans this with eBay and they actually followed up with a difficult to understand phone call within 24. They didn't really say much more than what I already knew. Wait till delivery time is exceeded.

Any way what is the length of time under buyer protection for eBay and PayPal?

I think it’s 180 days now

Back