How long does a polystone statue last?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to live forever :wave

It will last forever—and be at your side for all time—if you place it in tank with a solution of 4 parts water and 1 part vinegar and 4 tablespoons of salt for 24 to 36 hours. Then, apply smooth peanut butter liberally, and wipe off and polish thoroughly and briskly with a soft terry cloth. This will cure the resin and stone particles together and seal it to make it practically indestructible. Try it.

stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

you spend $20,000+ on a car, and $300 on a statue, and you're worried about the paint on your ____ing statue peeling? LOL!!! < :lol

hilarious fellas, keep it up.

And i am not talking about polystone turning into dust, but the paint etc..start to fall apart. I think it's a lot sooner than what some of you expect. If it's mixed media, then the cloth would turn yellow & break up to the touch also.

For the cloth, given that it doesn't get the oils, etc that normal cloth (ie your clothes) would get from normal usage, then it really should last for decades with very little difference between old and new. That assumes that something didn't go wrong with QC, like the glue on the first Indy PF, which can cause the 'leather' jacket to get hard and brittle and break up.

As for the actual polystone itself, it's basically a plastic, so that will go on for ages. In the case of the paint, assuming a quality paint has been used, then again, should be good for decades without any real problems.

The two big things that will hurt them most are direct sunlight and the build up of dust (it's the oils in the dust, a lot of dust is in fact dead skin). So as long as you look after them, they will be around a lot longer then you will be and in far better condition.

Back