how long did it take to sellout dr doom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
does anyone remember how long it took to sell out the dr doom PF statue? both the ex and regular. thanks

The exclusive sold out at Comic Con and they had to up the edition size to fit orders for online.

The regular was around for a long time to the point where you almost thought they'd give them away. Of course now people consider Marvel collections incomplete without one.

But why is it soooooooooo expensive now???

I really like the PF, but it's totally overpriced :monkey2

It still is a kick in the nuts that I didn't order the Doom Ex at comic-con that year. :(

Oh yeah! That was a bad decision NOT to buy...

But I think no one ever expected that this guy will rise so hard in price!

Yeah, it was but you're right in that nobody expected it to turn into something so freaking hard to get.

may i ask, why do you want to know?

Because i am still deciding whether to get the ultron or not right now. Since it's in the same category as dr doom. But there are so many things coming out blindly getting everything is just impossible now.

On the other hand, i dont want to end up paying 4 figures to get one later from ebay...

Talk about conflict of interest...what to do?

But why is it soooooooooo expensive now???
I really like the PF, but it's totally overpriced :monkey2

Why is it so expensive? Let me answer your question with another question...have you seen one in person? When you see one in person you understand why it is so expensive and not overpriced. It took me close to six months to track one down a few years ago, but I was able to get it at a decent price and it was worth every penny.

The detail on the throne is phenomenal, the use of mixed media is perfect, and the pose is unique and depicts the menace of Doom; put some red fabric under the pf to simulate a rug and it looks epic. It is easily one of the top five PFs ever released by Sideshow.

I didn't even know about Sideshow when Doom was up for order... I'm really bummed I missed it because I probably would have got one.

The PF is heavy, very solid and intricate as all Hell. I still say it's SSC best Marvel piece by far. I bought mine for just under $1000 a while back (The Ex) and I remember people saying I was nuts. It's more than double that now. All of the early Marvel pieces are fantastic. Hulk is so heavy and alive that both the Gray and Green are amazing to look at and while the SSC Marvel pieces are still good they'll never be as golden as they were back then.

I started collecting the month that I joined this forum, and that was one of the first grails that I sought after until I obtain one for my collection. It cost me but never have I ever cared about the money anyways. Now every time I walk into my collection room this face is always there to greet me at the end of the day...

1246215509_SphfM-L.jpg

Love HIM!!!

Last edited:
The Doom PF mask is absolutely fantastic (as is the rest of the statue).

I always wondered why they never used the same mask design for the LSB or the other Doom stuff they did. If they use it for an eventual lifesize bust I would get it and I don't really collect Marvel.

Back