How good is the Hasbro 12" Speederbike and Scout?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompiato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you think is one of the best in the line?...how acurate are these?...I'm thinking about getting those but how much customatization is needed?...thanks!

The scout is pretty good. I swapped the body out, replaced the gloved hands and hollowed out the helmet so it would fit over an actually head. I also did a lot of weathering to the armor.

I also reworked the belt and moved the pouches up to make it movie accurate. This was the most difficult part, lots of cutting and glueing.

I had to do quite a lot to mine, but had a lot of fun doing it. If you can get them for a good price, it is worth picking up to customize.

Here is a picture of mine on display..

imp_troops.JPG

As for the Speederbike, it's a little short but looks awesome with a repaint. Probably the only one you'll ever see in 1:6 anyway. With that said, it'd be better to pick one up now anyway, before Sideshow announces their 1:6 Biker Scout, 'cause when they do, you can expect the prices to rise above the minute cost they're fetching ATM.

i have mixed feelings about the speeder. it looks pretty nice, but I think the body is too fat because figures don't sit on it very well. Also the pedals are not in the proper place.

pick one up now anyway, before Sideshow announces their 1:6 Biker Scout, 'cause when they do, you can expect the prices to rise above the minute cost they're fetching ATM.

Truth! Much like the Maul Speeder Bike at the time.

Definitely get one. For the most part, Hasbro's aliens and vehicles were pretty damn good, serviceable even if you don't want to do a repaint.

i have mixed feelings about the speeder. it looks pretty nice, but I think the body is too fat because figures don't sit on it very well. Also the pedals are not in the proper place.

So you know of another 1:6 option for a speederbike? Or are you just being argumentative because of the Joe thread? :p

I've got one on display and a couple in storage. I think Hasbro did an excellent job with the speederbike. If it's off, it's not by much. The figure itself is one of their better ones, as well. I'm fine with how the setup looks and would feel no urgency in obtaining a SS release, if it was done.

Get one with the Scout...I did and I weathered it up alot..and I think it looks great...and I am picky. There are a few things with the scout that suck, like his big hands and the basic figure overall, but you cant swap out the body.. the headsculpt is good though. I have mine displayed also..I would say if you can get it for a good price, go for it..think I got mine for $35 shipped two months ago.
IMG_0449.jpg
[/IMG]

I really like mine. I too gave him a new body, gloves, hollowed helmet and improved the waist section and pockets. I scrapped the original vinyl ones and made some with scrap material I had. Well worth the investment.

I've got one on display and a couple in storage. I think Hasbro did an excellent job with the speederbike. If it's off, it's not by much. The figure itself is one of their better ones, as well. I'm fine with how the setup looks and would feel no urgency in obtaining a SS release, if it was done.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I love their speedbike...

Hey guys you made excellent adjustments to both the scout and bike!...will get mine and will try to do something similar, hope to do it like you did!!

So you know of another 1:6 option for a speederbike? Or are you just being argumentative because of the Joe thread? :p

lol. i'm not arguing with anyone. I'm just saying. I own 3 of them, I "like" them because yeah they are the only option and they were well worth the money, but I also "dislike" them at the same time because of the flaws I pointed out really stand out whenever I look at them. I hope one day an affordable replacement can be found. :D

lol. i'm not arguing with anyone. I'm just saying. I own 3 of them, I "like" them because yeah they are the only option and they were well worth the money, but I also "dislike" them at the same time because of the flaws I pointed out really stand out whenever I look at them. I hope one day an affordable replacement can be found. :D

Nah, it's not even needed. The Hasbro bikes are good for the price. Sure they have flaws, but so does everything. I'd rather enjoy it than constantly be annoyed by it every time I walked past it.

The bikes are pretty darn cool. I lucked out and got the Luke and Leia ones for like 15$ at Target several years ago.

That might be the best way to weigh your options. If you can pick up Leia on the speeder bike and a boxed Biker Scout for less than the Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike, I'd go that route.

That might be the best way to weigh your options. If you can pick up Leia on the speeder bike and a boxed Biker Scout for less than the Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike, I'd go that route.

I recomend that too. I think SSC is more likely to release a biker scout than Leia...and I've seen a nice custom leia that used the outfit from the hasbro figure and the spare head from the SSC Boushh and an extra helmet from a SSC Rebel.

I got my Scout on speederbike from a friend as present many years ago and it was one of my first 1:6 figures. This was the one making me consider the focus on Imperials. Anyway I really like the bike, it may be not 100% accurate but I like it as it is, maybe could use a bit of repaint - too bad I lack such skills.

I also like the Scout Trooper, the only thing bothering me on him are the shoulder armor pads. I've seen a mod with a pair of Kotobukiya Scout pads but can't find the pic right now.

Anyone got one of these for sale (I'll check the commerce section too...)

Either Scout Trooper alone, Scout + Bike or Bike alone.

Preferably in the UK

Just picked up a Bike with Liea on Evilbay pretty cheap, but I have some plans... need more bikes...

Cheers for any leads guys

DG

Anyone got one of these for sale (I'll check the commerce section too...)

Either Scout Trooper alone, Scout + Bike or Bike alone.

Preferably in the UK

Just picked up a Bike with Liea on Evilbay pretty cheap, but I have some plans... need more bikes...

Cheers for any leads guys

DG

Best bet......
:devil EbaY :devil

Back