How Flippable is the Hasbro Indy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Coco, I think your right hand question was answered by Sideshow, or someone else is taking up your cause:
Quote:
Just wondering why we haven’t seen a force wield/relaxed RIGHT hand for our Star Wars 12-inch figures. With the upcoming Farmboy Luke I can see needing one for a few poses. Heck, I could use one for a lot of my other figures too. Please consider including one! And on that note, Sideshow, please give us the finger! (Han’s ‘pointy’ finger, that is - ha!)

Duly noted. We’ll pass along the request to our development team, and see if it’s possible to incorporate some new hands into upcoming products.

And yeah, I think they are $20

Hey that's almost the same question I sent in. :cool:

And as far as getting enough figures for the ark, if they all look this good it may not be so bad.

Okay, reality check here. It's a toy, not a commodity. This is not oil, gold or anything like that.

I get swept up in prices too, but we should all keep this in mind.

I would definitely get 4 of the Hasbro Indy figures just to send in for the Ark. I think it would be worth it. And I guess that these Hasbro ones will tide us over until Sideshow's is shipped.:lol

Okay, reality check here. It's a toy, not a commodity. This is not oil, gold or anything like that.

I get swept up in prices too, but we should all keep this in mind.

Definition:
Main Entry: com·mod·i·ty
Pronunciation: \kə-ˈmä-də-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural com·mod·i·ties
Etymology: Middle English commoditee, from Anglo-French commoditee, from Latin commoditat-, commoditas, from commodus
Date: 15th century

a mass-produced unspecialized product

something useful or valued

one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market

Example: My 13" Green Lantern figure. Purchased for $60. Sold for $255 two years later = Commodity.:D
325% increase. Better than gold.

And here we go again. People are going to put down a 20-30 dollar item intended for mass markets ... because comparing it to a 90 dollar collectible makes sooo much sense :rolleyes:

What about when people compare the other way? You really can't compare them either way. They're pretty much on total opposite ends.

I was absolutely floored he sold for that much. I wish I would have bought a few of them when they came out.

I used to have most of the muppet palisades line. My red Zoot sold for $354. I got it in a lot with a bunch of other figures for like $60 shipped maybe 12 months earlier.

12.jpg

That was the prototype at SDCC last year. It has been Hasbro-ized a bit more since then. Here is the 12" figure that was on display at Toy Fair this week:

IMG_8846.JPG

The first picture is the whip action 12" Indy, the second is the talking one, two different figures. You can see the whip action one in the box behind the talking one in the second pic.

The first picture is the whip action 12" Indy, the second is the talking one, two different figures. You can see the whip action one in the box behind the talking one in the second pic.

:slap

:eek:

Whip-Action is indeed pretty nice-looking, then. Especially for $20. That's the one I'll nab for the young 'un.

Talking action would explain why that one looks so bad. espeically if the mouth opens and closes.

I could be wrong, but I remember as a kid those kind of gimmicky figures lost their play value real quick.

Yeah, I don't understand why Hasbro thinks anyone would want an Indy Ruxpin. :confused:

Oh well, at least the other (and assumably cheaper) 12" is the better one.

Yeah, the talking one has a rubber face so the mouth can open and close. It's too bad that one got the jacket and idol instead of the one with the better sculpt.

Wrong thread... I don't think Hasbro would ever release just 1,500 of something :lol

Jeez, I don't even know how many they will make? 150,000? What kind of ES do things like this have, or does anybody really know that?

Back