How Evil Is Too Evil: Collectibles and Nazis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I collect Nazi items for those exact reasons......notoriety. Your 'next step' crap isn't worthy of a response.

Right, because its presumptive to think that neo-Nazi skin heads started out admiring the fear and brutality that the Nazi's executed? And its very presumptive to think that those neo-Nazi's first expressed their admiration by collecting trinkets with swastikas or making innocent drawings and such.

Quite a few Slave's in the US took the underground railroad to Canada, because they found out that we are the best country in the world. :D

I would agree. I don't think all slave descendants feel that way, but if one does, it's still reality for that individual, and because it's not everyone's reality it doesn't become untrue for them. Which is the only thing I'm getting at. The whole Washington vs. Hitler, Jew hunting vs. slavery, it is all just an interchangeable example of what my point is.

All this talk makes me want to pick up Arthur Millers "The Crucible" again. I guess some good can come from internet debate.:lol

I see what you're getting at.

I added this after you replied, "from a 3rd POV the collective opinion probably holds more water than a subjective individual interpretation of reality."

True story. I walk into my best friends house one day and his dad had a huge Nazi flag lying across his table. I asked him what in the world he had it for. His response was that he found it and thought it was a pretty flag, so he kept it. I always thought it was strange because this guy is a big wig executive for a major fortune 500 company, and he's black. It's the 2nd weirdest response to a question I've heard.

that is a weird story. i think my black friends would have burned it or tore it to shreds.

And if i were gay, i would burn the Jamaican flag. lol!

Right, because its presumptive to think that neo-Nazi skin heads started out admiring the fear and brutality that the Nazi's executed? And its very presumptive to think that those neo-Nazi's first expressed their admiration by collecting trinkets with swastikas or making innocent drawings and such.

Oh so only neo-nazis collect 3rd Reich militaria now :lol . You have no idea what your talking about. We all have something to bring to this discussion. But I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

Really?
People have been fighting each other since the dawn of the human race...
I don't think it will end anytime soon, and evil will always exists unfortunately...

wait...you're not gay?

:D

475027.png

True story. I walk into my best friends house one day and his dad had a huge Nazi flag lying across his table. I asked him what in the world he had it for. His response was that he found it and thought it was a pretty flag, so he kept it. I always thought it was strange because this guy is a big wig executive for a major fortune 500 company, and he's black. It's the 2nd weirdest response to a question I've heard.
I see a picture every now and then where a black guy has a swastike tatooed on his neck. Things that make you go hmmm.

If it was an orginal Battle or Swastika flag it would be worth big money and well worth keeping.
If I could find a Battle flag that was beyond all doubt an orginal i'd buy it in a flash.

I see what you're getting at.

I added this after you replied, "from a 3rd POV the collective opinion probably holds more water than a subjective individual interpretation of reality."

My father has lots of buddies that collect antiques(including himself) Edison gramaphones,phonographs etc...and some WII Nazi stuff.There is loads of it still laying around in peoples places all over the world.

Oh so only neo-nazis collect 3rd Reich militaria now :lol . You have no idea what your talking about. We all have something to bring to this discussion. But I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

:lol I don't know if I said that. I personally think people fascinated with their disgusting regime to the point that thats ALL they are interested in is a little worrysome.

If they collected nazi stuff as part of a greater collection of WWII memorablia then I understand. To collect ONLY nazi stuff is a little disturbing and is pretty much worshipping them.

To collect ONLY nazi stuff is a little disturbing.

:lol Honestly theres always one and today your him. Your only just stopping short of calling me a nazi because I choose to collect items from a darker period of history.

Nazi worship?? Where exactly do you see that in any of my posts?
Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back