How does the waitlist work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racetrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering. Is it first come first served? If you have a history of cancelling items does that work against you? Also how long do we generally have to wait before we know?

Also i asked once about where i was on the waitlist for the item and the CS rep told me they don't have access to that information which doesn't make sense. Not to say she was lying but why wouldn't you have that info?

Oh and Merry Christmas Alex and Chicky and everyone else. Hope you enjoy your break and thanks for all your hard work making Sideshow great :wave

Wait list is first come, first served. If you cancel orders a lot that would not cause you issues with your wait list converting or not. Customer service does not have access to wait lists to view, so they wouldn't be able to tell folks what spot they were on. Some people have their wait lists converted quickly while some never at all...it's all dependent what becomes availabe, if pieces becomes available and/or when a person signs up on the wait list.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

-SideshowAlex

why did SS change the WL on their site? It's pretty hard to find an item on the SS site now once it goes to WL. Almost like it vanishes from the site. Is there a trick I don't know?

why did SS change the WL on their site? It's pretty hard to find an item on the SS site now once it goes to WL. Almost like it vanishes from the site. Is there a trick I don't know?

Try searching the archive (found at the bottom of the site), that's where sold out and most wait list items can be found. Main site search typically shows mainly available products.

-SideshowAlex

Wait list is first come, first served. If you cancel orders a lot that would not cause you issues with your wait list converting or not. Customer service does not have access to wait lists to view, so they wouldn't be able to tell folks what spot they were on. Some people have their wait lists converted quickly while some never at all...it's all dependent what becomes availabe, if pieces becomes available and/or when a person signs up on the wait list.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex.

Good to know that cancelling orders doesn't affect your place on the list. Not that i cancel my orders often, it's just that i signed up on the waitlist a couple of times and then found the items on eBay so bought them instead of taking my chances.

I do wish it would tell you where you are on the list. At the moment i'm on waitlist for 6 items and i could be 1st or 1000th and have no way knowing. If i knew where i was i could better plan ahead on buying it from the secondary market or waiting. Of course i know this is out of your hands.

Thank you again for the reply and always being so helpful. Hope you have enjoyed your Christmas :wave

Is the first come, first serve new?

I've read many examples of wait lists converting for people here where it definitely wasn't first come first serve. Hot Toys Hulk and the BD Mark VII come to mind immediately where members posted about conversions and their w/l date were days, sometimes weeks, after others in front of them. :dunno

Is the first come, first serve new?

I've read many examples of wait lists converting for people here where it definitely wasn't first come first serve. Hot Toys Hulk and the BD Mark VII come to mind immediately where members posted about conversions and their w/l date were days, sometimes weeks, after others in front of them. :dunno

Nope...not new at all. An instance of someone 'jumping' ahead would have happened in the past when full play and flexpay were separate lists (that hasn't been the case for over a year or more though) or international wait lists that have existed to separate US and international allotments for some products...but even that is rare. Typically it's one big list in which it is first come, first served and since the recall process is just choosing the number of wait lists to recall and then clicking a button, I'm not sure how a person could be skipped over another unless the system decided to be buggy.

-SideshowAlex

Nope...not new at all. An instance of someone 'jumping' ahead would have happened in the past when full play and flexpay were separate lists (that hasn't been the case for over a year or more though) or international wait lists that have existed to separate US and international allotments for some products...but even that is rare. Typically it's one big list in which it is first come, first served and since the recall process is just choosing the number of wait lists to recall and then clicking a button, I'm not sure how a person could be skipped over another unless the system decided to be buggy.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the reply and information CAhobbit :hi5:

NECRO POST

Just wondering how long after an item sells out does it take for the wait listed people to start getting notifed of conversions?

I'm on a wait list for 1/6th Grevious EX and haven't heard of any waitlist conversions happening yet.

All the best,
J.

If your exclusive waitlist doesnt convert, do you then default to the standard option ahead of others on the standard waitlist?

thanks

NECRO POST

Just wondering how long after an item sells out does it take for the wait listed people to start getting notifed of conversions?

I'm on a wait list for 1/6th Grevious EX and haven't heard of any waitlist conversions happening yet.

All the best,
J.

It all depends on stock that may become available. Sometimes people will find they are notified within a few weeks of getting a wait list that their wait list will be converted to an order and others can sit on a wait list for 6 months to a year and not have it convert.

If your exclusive waitlist doesnt convert, do you then default to the standard option ahead of others on the standard waitlist?

thanks

No. Sometimes wait list members will be offered a chance to get a regular edition if it looks like stock of the exclusive version will not become available for them but those wanting a chance to get a regular version (if their Exclusive wait list reservation doesn't convert) should sign-up on the regular edition wait list as well.

-SideshowAlex

Sorry Alex, just one more thing, can you tell me if Ex 1/6th Grievous figures are still converting from the waitlist to orders? Just so I know i still have a chance. I did ask this on the Grievous thread but I did not get a reply from fellow members. Thanks again, Jay

Sent from atop my Dewback

Sorry Alex, just one more thing, can you tell me if Ex 1/6th Grievous figures are still converting from the waitlist to orders? Just so I know i still have a chance. I did ask this on the Grievous thread but I did not get a reply from fellow members. Thanks again, Jay

I haven't heard of any recent conversations on that piece but that doesn't mean that some stock wouldn't become available in the future due to current FLEXPay order cancellations, current order declines. That said, I really cannot say whether sticking on the wait list will get you an Exclusive or not as I do not know where you are on the wait list and if any stock will become available soon or at all, sorry.

-SideshowAlex

I haven't heard of any recent conversations on that piece but that doesn't mean that some stock wouldn't become available in the future due to current FLEXPay order cancellations, current order declines. That said, I really cannot say whether sticking on the wait list will get you an Exclusive or not as I do not know where you are on the wait list and if any stock will become available soon or at all, sorry.

-SideshowAlex

Not to worry Alex, thanks for the reply. I'll hold out on the waitlist and hopefully it will convert for me. All the best, Jay

Hi Alex,
My waitlist for the new Capetian America just converted and I want to know if you flex the payment for it.
I tried to ask for payment plan but I got an error that "Payment Plans not available for Waitlist Items"
please note the order did not become live till now I received an email only

:)

On a side note , maybe a policy change is due. SS please offer PPs to WL items.

:clap ^^^ This. Prices are getting out of hand. Payment plans are the only way some of us can still afford this hobby.

Back