How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
Good deal. I still have my ultimate edition from years ago, it's the best.

Loved Terminator since I was a kid, love the mythology including the TV series...

But for some reason, I just don't really enjoy watching T2 anymore. The cheesy-synthy-but-not-dark soundtrack (when james cameron had the money for a philharmonic orchestra), whiny john connor, a T-800 that can't kill anyone.. a repeat of the first films premise..turns me off entirely. Also, if you're going to subtitle the film 'Judgment Day', well, its not really focusing on Judgment Day now is it? We get a view of it in a dream for about 2 minutes.

I'll admit though that arnold looks the most iconic in it.

The only point I'll try to argue is about the music. Orchestral scoring just doesn't suit the Terminator main theme at all. Its horrible on the T3 soundtrack. Having said that I guess Danny Elfmans score for T4 isn't bad and Bear McCreary's work on T:TSCC was great. But my favourite parts of those are anything that recall Brad Fiedels non-orchestral scores.

They sure are! T2 just sliding ahead for me right now.

The ultimate edition, because it has the full directors cut. :yess: I can't watch the theatrical version anymore.

Its been years since I saw the theatrical cut because region 2 dvd only offered the special edition. I'd love to see it again.

Back