How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
Are we talking about the T1? T1 is the best so far, but I love my T2 version, too. :peace

I'm more impressed with what Cameron was able to pull off for T1 with very little money. T2 - Cameron had a lot more $$$ to work with.

But I'm very fond of T2 because it brings back great memories. They shot all the Cyberdyne office scenes right across the street from the company that I was working for that summer. I have great memories of my bosses, friends, and my sister camping out on the field across from the set and watching them film.

We were there when they shot the scene where T1000 jumps his motorcyle out of the building. The stuntman actually got hurt because the bike overflew the stacks of cardboard boxes that was the cushion. He glanced off the top of the stack and landed on the concrete.

We were also there when they shot the initial establishing shot of Arnold, John Connor, and Sarah Connor walking up to the front door.

And I was on the freeway when they blew up the mock top floor of the building. Almost ran off into the ditch because the fire ball went up so high.

I went to the set the next morning and saw all the shredded squad cars in front of the building. I still have some bullet and grenade shells somewhere that I grabbed from the set. And a few photos of the cars and the helicopter parked on the side of the building.

I'm more impressed with what Cameron was able to pull off for T1 with very little money. T2 - Cameron had a lot more $$$ to work with.

But I'm very fond of T2 because it brings back great memories. They shot all the Cyberdyne office scenes right across the street from the company that I was working for that summer. I have great memories of my bosses, friends, and my sister camping out on the field across from the set and watching them film.

We were there when they shot the scene where T1000 jumps his motorcyle out of the building. The stuntman actually got hurt because the bike overflew the stacks of cardboard boxes that was the cushion. He glanced off the top of the stack and landed on the concrete.

We were also there when they shot the initial establishing shot of Arnold, John Connor, and Sarah Connor walking up to the front door.

And I was on the freeway when they blew up the mock top floor of the building. Almost ran off into the ditch because the fire ball went up so high.

I went to the set the next morning and saw all the shredded squad cars in front of the building. I still have some bullet and grenade shells somewhere that I grabbed from the set. And a few photos of the cars and the helicopter parked on the side of the building.

Wow! Where you watching all that through binoculars? Sounds like you nearly got scorched or hit with shrapnel. :lol

Wow! Where you watching all that through binoculars? Sounds like you nearly got scorched or hit with shrapnel. :lol

They wouldn't let anyone close to the front of the building. Luckily - the lot directly across from the Cyberdyne building was empty at the time - just a huge open field. So a bunch of us camped out ther in lawn chairs with binoculars to watch them film.

The same night that they filmed the motorcyle stunt - they also filmed all of the helicopter pass shots. There's one shot in the movie where the spotlight from the copter actually briefly flashes on the group of trees that we were all seated under. You also see the building of the company I worked at in another shot.

There was a company called SyQuest (if I remember correctly) that was across the street to the right of the Cyberdyne building. One night - my friend Manny and I were cutting across that complex to get to the field and we discovered some 20 police cars parked behind SyQuest. That was about 2 nights before they shot the big shootout between Arnold and the police force in front of the building.

I was a kid back then. It was a great summer.

BTW: The Cyberdyne building is still there - it was an actual building. It was built as a two-story, but they built up an entire third floor for all the interior shots. Then they blew the whole floor to bits.

Last edited:
BTW: The Cyberdyne building is still there.

Terminator_2_451.jpg

"It must be destroyed!"

Amazing! That's one of the best Terminator stories I've ever read -- you were so lucky to witness all that, Tinister! ^_^

Yeah, it must of been so cool seeing all that going on.

I have some photos of the front of the building the day after they blew up the top floor. With the bullet riddled squad cars still out front. I'll find them and scan them to show you guys. I should do it before the photos deteriorate.

Tinister, that would be great if you could share these photos when you get the chance. I'm sure there are many Terminator fans that would like to see them. :duff

I definitely will Reaktwon. I have them in a box somewhere. Along with some bullet and grenade shells I grabbed off the ground outside of the yellow tape they had up. I would have grabbed more shells but I didn't have anything to carry them in that day and by that afternoon - the set was cleaned up.

I'll start a new thread to post the pics when I have them scanned.

Back