How do you organize / arrange / plan your collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keegan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have an adobe illustrator file that I use to "pre-rearrange" my display, keep track of things I'm looking for and plan for new stuff. For me it's a fun way to mess around with the hobby. Just curious to see if other people organize things as well and what your methods might be...

display.jpg

My room is not very cabinet friendly - it's made from when me and my brother were little, so it's full of furniture

I put 1/6 stuff around (two shelves with single figures in clear plastic single doll containers) - then I put stuff on my two desk (already full with figures or bits or halfway figures) and then I put bits in boxes that permanently reside under my desk, on an ikea table with wheels.

Then I have started stuffing unopened 1/6 figures in the wardrobe - then I run out of space - this is when Mr Bean with its original huge shipper came in. I stuffed it in another closet - then Poptoys Sweet Pea came in, together with Threezero WW. They are currently residing on a chair I have around

Yes, my room is a 1:1 mess of comics and 1/6 stuff.
I'm ashamed of myself - but to really order it I'll have to clean up old furniture perfectly working in awesome confitions - and to completely redecorate it - and I have no money for that right now.

PS
Your illustrator file ios super cool! That Tumbler is a masterpiece!

every time i want to buy something new, i try to sell something so i will have room. as to the aesthetic, i just try to place the pieces with reasonable space around them so it doesn't seem like i'm hording.

I keep my HT figures in good ol' museum poses on my desk at work so I usually aim for a bit of symmetry. Here's a (failed) previous plan I had that would require a desk a hell of a lot deeper than the one I currently occupy.

iLvdc2v.jpg

I keep my HT figures in good ol' museum poses on my desk at work so I usually aim for a bit of symmetry. Here's a (failed) previous plan I had that would require a desk a hell of a lot deeper than the one I currently occupy.

iLvdc2v.jpg
I definitely didn't read Clint the first time around on this set up.....Hahahaha.

My rule is two sixth scales per cubicle in a detolf, three if the size is variable like Tyrion. Top row is 1/6th. Every other cube that is a 1/10 figure is based upon thematics. The second row created by 5 detolfs is perpetually ~80s materials, so effectively all NECA Predator, Mixed theme retro, Terminator, Aliens, Videogame series.
Next two rows are mixed video game and film, but ordered appropriately and thematically, such as all the Valve figures get a cube.

I'm big against no crowding. I don't like major clutter. Organized clutter (if that makes sense) is acceptable.

I try to have one riser per shelf to have a two tiered set up for all 1/10 figures.

Back