How do you deal with haters of this hobby?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get mixed reviews, personally I don't really care what others think about my stuff, I enjoy it and that is all that matters.

My wife has learned to like it, and as long as it primarily stays up in my media room, it is ok, but I have been starting to wear her down to allow a few pieces throughout the rest of the house.
Her parents know it is a bit much, but they respect that alot of the items are works of art and valuable.
People at work and friends are impressed, mainly because they know I have jumped into making stuff and like asking about projects and the next big item that comes out, I have convinced a few to collect as well.

Of course I'm talking about my statues, my toy room, I barely let anyone since I already know what they are going to say :cuckoo:

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, Stalin and others were pretty passionate about their hobbies too . . .

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Are your cousins fans of comics? Games, Movies!? ART in General!? I know these things arent for everyone but alot of my friends enjoy movies and pop culture stuff, its all becoming so mainstream its hard to find people who dont enjoy it, but theres always going to be those people.

If you have a small, contained, nicely set up collection its all good, im shure theres people that will think its awesome.

Haters Gon Hate!

This is an excellent question for me!

They are fans of ONLY Nolan's Batman, and I guess were were puzzled on why I have more BTAS stuff than Dark Knight collectibles. I'm a fan of all iterations of Batman, but merely in my opinion Bruce Timm's BTAS is head and shoulders above the rest. I once showed them "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" and my cousin sat trough 5 minutes into the movie and told me to "turn it off".

To be honest, my heart kinda sank at that moment.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

They are fans of ONLY Nolan's Batman, and I guess were were puzzled on why I have more BTAS stuff than Dark Knight collectibles. I'm a fan of all iterations of Batman, but merely in my opinion Bruce Timm's BTAS is head and shoulders above the rest. I once showed them "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" and my cousin sat trough 5 minutes into the movie and told me to "turn it off".

they're infected....time to put them down :lol

They sound like a bunch of choads. I love the Nolan trilogy, as much as if not more than the next guy (unless the next guy is Void). But to not understand the awesomeness that is BTAS... insanity.

My collection is in the front room of the house (nice wife!) right by the front door, so pretty much anyone that comes over is assaulted with it! I guess I'm inviting the criticism, but so far everyone, and especially everyone's kids have enjoyed looking at it when they stop by.

The off-the-wall questions I mainly get are, "did you build those?" about my Premium Format figures... ugh. Granted some of you could pull that off, but NOT me!

Back