How do the Art Figures bodies compare in height and build to Hot Toys Truetypes ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
I'm looking for a slightly taller figure and was wondering how the Art Figures base body compares to the Truetype ? I've seen pictures of the Punisher figures and its looks taller than standard HT figures. Can anyone help ?

I'm looking for a slightly taller figure and was wondering how the Art Figures base body compares to the Truetype ? I've seen pictures of the Punisher figures and its looks taller than standard HT figures. Can anyone help ?

I think it was more the long neck on the headsculpt that made it taller. You could always get long TT ankle pegs to give the figure more height.

The body is more defined overall, the waist is thicker as are the legs. And yes, though the difference is marginal, it's taller. I have a Harry Callahan bashed on one and it's perfect for Clint's height/build.

Thanks Guys, your help is very much appreciated. Nam I don't suppose you would happen to have a picture of your Harry custom handy ? I'd love to see how it looks . Regarding the thickness in the waist and legs can normal HT clothing fit okay or would it have to be modified ?

The plastic used on the Art Figures bodies is pretty brittle in comparison to the HT bodies.

Last edited:
So there's a chance that damage could occur pretty easily, Hmmm might have to rethink my options .

Thanks Guys for your advice , you've probably saved me some money and stress ! :lol

Thanks Guys, your help is very much appreciated. Nam I don't suppose you would happen to have a picture of your Harry custom handy ? I'd love to see how it looks . Regarding the thickness in the waist and legs can normal HT clothing fit okay or would it have to be modified ?

I'd like to see that too. I don't I've ever seen nam share a pic of anything. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

So there's a chance that damage could occur pretty easily, Hmmm might have to rethink my options .

Thanks Guys for your advice , you've probably saved me some money and stress ! :lol

The shoulder peg on my Saves Punisher was broken, brand new in the box.

The plastic used on the Art Figures bodies is pretty brittle in comparison to the HT bodies.

No it isn't. Maybe the earlier bodies, but the newer ones (post Saves), are just as sturdy. If you're having breakage issues, I'd recommend stripping the figure to see how the body articulates.

It's raining so any pics would be ****ty. The waist is a bit thicker, so you might have some issues with stuff that fits the TT tight. Legs are a non-issue as they'll fit, but the feet are completely incompatible with HT as the AF body has attached feet w/built in articulation, not the peg design HT utilizes. The waist is about identical in thickness to the old ACE bodies if you have one of those lying around.

Last edited:
Thanks Nam, I'll save you from getting a drenching. :lol I appreciate your review of the body. I'll have to ponder what other type of body I'll use now.

Thanks Nam, I'll save you from getting a drenching. :lol I appreciate your review of the body. I'll have to ponder what other type of body I'll use now.

****ty pic, but we finally got some sun, so as promised:

picture.php

It's great for taller figures! I used the Saves Punisher body as the base of my Ras Al Ghul custom and it was perfect. Solid figure too, no worries there.

Back