How do I get rid of a neck plug?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilkudos

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm a absolute beginner, just started collecting Hot Toys 2-3 months ago.

Wanted to try custom-building a storm shadow figure based on the headsculpt I got from HT.

Basically, I want to use this

SS head...

and fit it onto this

male seamless body...

so that I can get this:

super hot topless SS

Is there some method or equipment for removing the extra neck lengths?

Attachments

• seamless.jpg
    seamless.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 71
The only way I have seen it done is to use a razor to cut the head off the neck, it has to be done right though an is not something you can fix if you mess it up. You will also lose the secure attachment to the body and the head will only stay on with friction or poster tack.

If done correctly though you will have your super hot topless SS:naughty

:lol

Yup. I would highly suggest cutting the neck off the sculpt, if you go the other way around the figure will look absolutely awful.

That's one of the main reasons they make these muscle bodies with the neck, so you can display it shirtless and not have a hideous joint at the bottom of the neck.

It should looks similar to this.

body1_zps4f1f9709.jpg

Instead of something like this at the base of the neck.

ughbody_zpsaa9989d4.jpg

It really would be pointless to buy a seamless body just to cut off the neck. Its contradictory really. Plus cutting off the neck on the sculpt will be a much easier job. Just get your self an Exacto blade at Wal Mart or a hobby store. Look at pics of other neckless sculpts for help. :)

I need to do exactly the same as I have some vinyl heads I have already painted. But the chest does not show so hoping it will work ok.

I've done this several times before. I use a hairdryer to warm up the head and then cut it. If its happens to be uneven, I'll sand it untill it's perfect. Works every time. Incidentally, that muscle body is my next project that I plan to cut a head to fit it.

Back