How come the new Website isn't as easy to navigate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chev

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've found that the new website isn't as easy to find stuff as it use to be. I've figured out a way to find stuff, but recently I've been directing people there looking to buy gifts. They reported back that they couldn't find the item I told them was on the website. I noticed that you don't list all the premium format figures unless you search by Lord of the Ring, Star Wars, etc. I can figure it out, but it makes it difficult to tell people to visit the site if they are new to collecting or just buying a gift for someone.

Yeah the new site sucks ***. Thankfully I barely order direct from sideshow as i have better things to do with that extra time

I am having trouble finding archived 1:6 figures from GI Joe and Star Wars.

Also, I really liked the features of the old website layout such as the lists of accessories for new items.

I love you guys...but seriously...the new format on the website really seems to have lost...a lot.

Last edited:
Agreed. The new layout is a mess. It was much easier to find things and much easier to get a better look at the items on the old site.

Agree, don't like the new site.. It's not as user friendly as the old site.
Unfortunately I am still able to find all the items I want to preorder!

I am having trouble finding archived 1:6 figures from GI Joe and Star Wars.

Also, I really liked the features of the old website layout such as the lists of accessories for new items.

I love you guys...but seriously...the new format on the website really seems to have lost...a lot.

How are you searching for them and what items are you looking for specifically

Accessory lists exists for all sixth scale products (and even some non-sixth scale products). What items in particular were you looking at that didn't have the accessory list?

-SideshowAlex

How are you searching for them and what items are you looking for specifically

Accessory lists exists for all sixth scale products (and even some non-sixth scale products). What items in particular were you looking at that didn't have the accessory list?

-SideshowAlex

GI Joe and Star Wars 1:6 scale figures...specifically the Black Dragon Ninja and others.

But after reading your post, I delved deeper and found the "what's in the box" section waaaaayyyyy at the bottom of the product page. Now if you can tell me how to get to the archived Star Wars and GI Joe 1:6 scale figures...I'll be a much happier Sideshow drone.

Old site is better, hands down.
I find the new site doesnt make me want to get on there as often.
I used to jump onto sideshows website multiple times every day, now maybe once a week to see new pre orders.

I think an index down the left side with new orders, waitlists, reward points items, competitions etc etc would be a good idea.
Most sites are easy to navigate when the list of everything u need is in front of you.

Its a hell of a lot easier than trying to navigate randomly placed/spaced boxes and hidden areas.

GI Joe and Star Wars 1:6 scale figures...specifically the Black Dragon Ninja and others.

But after reading your post, I delved deeper and found the "what's in the box" section waaaaayyyyy at the bottom of the product page. Now if you can tell me how to get to the archived Star Wars and GI Joe 1:6 scale figures...I'll be a much happier Sideshow drone.

Have you tried searching our archive search that we implemented a few months ago?

It can be found here: Archive Search

This link is always found in the footer of our site under the 'Shop with us' column.

I just did a G.I. Joe search through there and the Black Dragon Ninja (among others) was found through my search. Searching Star Wars in the same area should give you results for sold out Star Wars products as well. If you want to drill down to just Sixth Scale Figures (for example), simply use the drill down on the left hand side that gives that option among others.

Hope that helps!

-SideshowAlex

I don't like the new website, either. The saying, "if it's not broken, then don't fix it" is applicable.

It's really difficult to browse through a list of items especially when the new site only lists a few items each time and I have to click to see more items.

And when I click on a product and decided to get back to the list, it reverts to the original few items. Then, I have to keep clicking on the more items button to get back the full list. What a hassle!

Seriously, Sideshow should really look at the new site's navigation features again. Your IT consultants are not doing a good job advising you!

It's really difficult to browse through a list of items especially when the new site only lists a few items each time and I have to click to see more items.

And when I click on a product and decided to get back to the list, it reverts to the original few items. Then, I have to keep clicking on the more items button to get back the full list. What a hassle!

Seriously, Sideshow should really look at the new site's navigation features again. Your IT consultants are not doing a good job advising you!

I have the same problems, very frustrating. Also don't like the "apple" look to the site, looks like it is for ikids.

I definitely used to visit the old site more often. It feels like work now with all the scrolling.

It's also easier to let google do the work with
site:sideshowtoy.com in the search.

Bit bored, killing time till work ends, jumped onto sideshow to see if anything i wanted to buy, didnt even get past the homepage, it really is a mess. Just so un-navigational-friendly. I closed it immediately. Thats how much i hate the new layout.
Id rather sit in boredom, than look at it. :gah:

And when I click on a product and decided to get back to the list, it reverts to the original few items. Then, I have to keep clicking on the more items button to get back the full list.

I would have to agree, this really annoys me too. :lecture

The new site is so frustrating to navigate it's infuriating.

When I enter an older, sold out product name in the search box on the home page the search function is useless and will only turn up in stock and currently up for PO products.

Example: Go type in "Sideshow Iron Man Mark VI Maquette"

You're directed to a Search Results page that shows results for '1 - 12 of 233 for: 'Sideshow Iron Man Mark VI Maquette' and on page 1 the product isn't even there, instead you have TEN Hot Toys products and 2 completely different SSC IM products.

Hulk, Iceman, Spike & Vampirella turn up 3 pages in but not the product I'm looking for. :cuss

And as someone else stated the wanna be Apple look to this site is horrid. :monkey4

The new site is so frustrating to navigate it's infuriating.

When I enter an older, sold out product name in the search box on the home page the search function is useless and will only turn up in stock and currently up for PO products.

Example: Go type in "Sideshow Iron Man Mark VI Maquette"

You're directed to a Search Results page that shows results for '1 - 12 of 233 for: 'Sideshow Iron Man Mark VI Maquette' and on page 1 the product isn't even there, instead you have TEN Hot Toys products and 2 completely different SSC IM products.

Hulk, Iceman, Spike & Vampirella turn up 3 pages in but not the product I'm looking for. :cuss

And as someone else stated the wanna be Apple look to this site is horrid. :monkey4

Almost all older product that is no longer available to order/or is wait listed can be looked up through the Archive Search that was added to the site a few months ago. Link here: Archive This can always be found in the footer of any page on the site under the 'Shop with us' column.

I looked up the Iron Man Mark VI Maquette in the archive search and was led here: Iron Man Mark VI Maquette, which is the item I believe you were seeking.

We very much understand the frustration of not being able to find older products and that was why the archive search was put back into place.

The top bar search on the site will only lead to available products or previews.

-SideshowAlex

Back