How BIG do you want the 1/4 scale to go.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dunedain said:
I am hoping for the last-alliance
Gil-galad, elrond, high elven (with shield and sword:google ) elendill, isildur, Numenorean.
And of Course Finally GONDOR:horror Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, Gondorian Soldier, Fountain Guard. And some Battle from helms deep figures than I would be a very happy (and poor) fellow

I think these really have a chance! :rolleyes:

I don't see them making too many horse/riders or any LARGER characters. Where are we supposed to store the boxes anyways??? :horror

If they do I hope it is only a few, say two. :D

Eowyn in her white and brown dress would be nice as well. Maybe as an exclusive, she could have a sprig of simbelmyne.

dunedain said:
I am hoping for the last-alliance
Gil-galad, elrond, high elven (with shield and sword:google ) elendill, isildur, Numenorean.
And of Course Finally GONDOR:horror Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, Gondorian Soldier, Fountain Guard. And some Battle from helms deep figures than I would be a very happy (and poor) fellow

I agree that the Last Alliance characters hold a lot of promise as PF figs. Just imagine the glory of Gil-Galad's shield and flowing robes. Or Elendil's & Elrond's majestic armor. The only problem with recreating robes with real fabric is that it will never look as dynamic as the robes of the WIKI or KOTD. Those can be sculpted in a blowing, rippling manner, whereas the PF robes will just hang there and be stiff, I fear. I just don't think you can infuse as much "action" into the pose because of the real fabric.

TBH I'm only gonna collect the characters in PF. Any beast will be ridiculously expensive & tootally impractical to display or store the box :D

An Ent (perhaps even someone other than Treebeard) would be maybe 3 1/2, 4 feet high. Some of the High End Pieces are starting to approach that size, maybe down the road and extremely limited. :ent

No matter how good these look, or how good the material is they use, they will surely - as the Star Wars ones do - still have a 'wooden' look to them. I'm sure you can't put them in a stance where they look natural, as statues can as they're completely sculpted...PF's just look like they've been put in a position, very rigid...

Oh yes that could...

Saurons I said:
I agree that the Last Alliance characters hold a lot of promise as PF figs. Just imagine the glory of Gil-Galad's shield and flowing robes. Or Elendil's & Elrond's majestic armor. The only problem with recreating robes with real fabric is that it will never look as dynamic as the robes of the WIKI or KOTD. Those can be sculpted in a blowing, rippling manner, whereas the PF robes will just hang there and be stiff, I fear. I just don't think you can infuse as much "action" into the pose because of the real fabric.

You're not allowing for the creativity of Sideshow! They have used wire and weights for example, in previous PF figure clothing to help in "posing" the material. Check out the trench coat on Hellboy to see what just a little bit of wire can do! :D

To each his own...

FrodoEyes said:
No matter how good these look, or how good the material is they use, they will surely - as the Star Wars ones do - still have a 'wooden' look to them. I'm sure you can't put them in a stance where they look natural, as statues can as they're completely sculpted...PF's just look like they've been put in a position, very rigid...

I tend to disagree. Most of the polystone statues have a very rigid look to me; only a few capture dynamic action. The Premium Format figures are no worse in this respect, and look less "rigid" because of the real cloth materials used on most. As in the post above, check out the Hellboy 1/4 for a pose that is anything but "rigid". Just my opinion of course. :peace

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
I really can't see getting horse and riders although it wasn't dismissed out of hand in the chat. But a 1/4 cave troll would be about 5 feet tall wouldn't it? And a Balrog about 8 feet?

Your missing the point. Can you imagine anything cooler than walking into your pool room and having a 8 foot balrog staring down at you from the corner:D

Yogie Bear said:
Your missing the point. Can you imagine anything cooler than walking into your pool room and having a 8 foot balrog staring down at you from the corner:D

Yup! That wouldnt really fit into my pool room theme!

The more I think about the PF LOTR figures the more excited I get. I'm really looking forward to owning all 9 Fellowship members and the LA characters. Along with a few others.

Back