How are you going to display your Indy???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making a 1/6 size crate to display with my Indy figures that is turning out so well I will be making both Ark crates (one Nazi, one U.S. Intel) when the Hasbro 1/6 Ark arrives. They'll be of considerable size.

Now, I am making a crate for the 3.75" scale Ark as well as an accurate 1/6 Pedestal for the Idol. :rock

Pics soon...

would love to see your reference for the pedestal Irish ! I also had plans to make one . Thought about 1/4 scale too for some reason ... ;)

would love to see your reference for the pedestal Irish ! I also had plans to make one . Thought about 1/4 scale too for some reason ... ;)

Yeah. I went to some arts & crafts stores yesterday and basically walked around looking at things saying to myself, "that will work for this or that". It's totally piecemeal, but I'm pretty sure when I'm done I'll have a pretty accurate 1/6 scale Idol pedestal (with the shrubbery and all). I just finished putting the core pieces together and will shot a coat of primer. Then I'll snap some pics,even though there will still be much work to be done (including the more difficult sculpting elements).

Almost done with the 3.75" Ark crate, too (staying home with a fever has its benefits :monkey3 )

Here is the work-in-progress 1:6 Idol Pedestal. Again, this is just the core base with a single coat of primer. Now I have the sculpt the rest in, paint it, weather it and add the moss & vines:
idolpedestal01zt8.jpg

And here are a couple of 1:6 crates I've made. Neither is big enough to hold the 1:6 Ark (I'm making a couple for that as well). These are WIP as well, because I still need to add stenciling and age/weather them:
idolpedestalcrates01ud3.jpg

Awesome work there Jango. I think I am going for the Ravenwood bar style Indy with the gloves and pistol. But I really like the idea of buying another Indy to pull off the Adams style poster art look. Decisions...decisions.

And here are a couple of 1:6 crates I've made. Neither is big enough to hold the 1:6 Ark (I'm making a couple for that as well). These are WIP as well, because I still need to add stenciling and age/weather them:

GREAT CRATES!!!! :)

I'd love one that could fit my 1/6th Hasbro Ark, if I ever get it. I have another Ark from that guy on ebay that will work anyway.

I'd love to get one from you with the whole Nazi logo and stenciling on it.

Definitely offer these bad boys up, in a 1/6th ARK CRATE THREAD or something.

I'm making a 1/6 size crate to display with my Indy figures that is turning out so well I will be making both Ark crates (one Nazi, one U.S. Intel) when the Hasbro 1/6 Ark arrives. They'll be of considerable size.

Now, I am making a crate for the 3.75" scale Ark as well as an accurate 1/6 Pedestal for the Idol. :rock

Pics soon...

Can't wait to see them. My brother-in-law may have me do a pedestal for his indy idol as well. Haven't started on it yet.

Here is the work-in-progress 1:6 Idol Pedestal. Again, this is just the core base with a single coat of primer. Now I have the sculpt the rest in, paint it, weather it and add the moss & vines:
idolpedestal01zt8.jpg

Any specifics on this one?...ie materials and steps

Looks good.

IJ - I am down for a couple of crates if you do them for a wider release. They look GREAT!

Okay, cool. I'll post pics here in the forum when the final initial crates are done. I'll probably offer them in varying sizes.

Any specifics on this one?...ie materials and steps

Looks good.

Thanks. So far, it's made up of cardboard jewelry cases (two of them cut and then glued together) on top of a wooden display base. The smaller circle on the top (which is what the Idol actually sits on and ends up going down into the pedestal, setting off the booby-traps) is actually the top of a 20 oz. soda bottle that I cut down. :eek: But again, this is very early and rough. Lots of work yet to do.

Thanks. So far, it's made up of cardboard jewelry cases (two of them cut and then glued together) on top of a wooden display base. The smaller circle on the top (which is what the Idol actually sits on and ends up going down into the pedestal, setting off the booby-traps) is actually the top of a 20 oz. soda bottle that I cut down. :eek: But again, this is very early and rough. Lots of work yet to do.

Sounds great so far. If you're going to spackle or plaster of paris over the cardboard I recommend giving it a few coats (both exterior and interior of the boxes) of either a glue/water mix or Modgepodge because the cardboard will warp from the plaster.

idolpedestal01zt8.jpg

:( can't see 'em. WHHHHAAAAAAA I hate not being able to see this stuff from work.

Sounds great so far. If you're going to spackle or plaster of paris over the cardboard I recommend giving it a few coats (both exterior and interior of the boxes) of either a glue/water mix or Modgepodge because the cardboard will warp from the plaster.

Good advice! But I'm going to use regular sculpting clay... and I'll put a couple more coats of primer on beforehand as well.

Thanks, man! It's just an explosion of bad allergies due to all this damn pollen! :monkey4

I'm having fun working on this stuff, though. :chew

Awesome... Thanks for the recipe. It looks like one that I'll definitely like to have a go at...

:duff

Back