How are the Classic Sideshow Monsters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
Mikey, you should really have a before-and-after of Dracula. Anybody who sees your repaint (or Les's, in my sig below) who looks for a Drac will think when they find it that it's the wrong figure. The hands-down worst factory paint Sideshow ever released.

You're absolutely right. Sorry. Here's a pic of the original, untouched figure next to my first attempt at painting him. The first pic I posted is the second attempt, which turned out much better. It's a beautiful sculpt, although I'd love to see Sideshow call "do-over" and give us a new one with a better costume. This one is fine, but their tailoring has gotten SOOOO much better since the first releases.

draccompare9re.jpg

Mikey - While I do think your repaint is excellent, and a huge improvement over the original, I've always felt that Dracula should be more pale looking since he is a vampire. But that's just my opinion.

And you're right about Oluf's sculpt.

Well he's pasty, but he does have an odd roseyness to his cheeks and forehead that could be more of an issue. I've never been bothered by the paint... but of course Mikey's repaint is an big improvement.

Drac is a solid entry and looks great hangin' out with my other vampires.

vampires.jpg

galactiboy said:
Well he's pasty, but he does have an odd roseyness to his cheeks and forehead that could be more of an issue. I've never been bothered by the paint... but of course Mikey's repaint is an big improvement.

Drac is a solid entry and looks great hangin' out with my other vampires.

vampires.jpg

Nice Vamp Collection, I like the Chris Lee Drac.

He's a real cool figure... only complaint is he's short. Christopher Lee is a giant and should tower over most figures. But alas he's just at or below 12", however the base is a bit raised so that helps.

But a real solid figure from Product Enterprises, an British company I guess.

Of all the 12" figures I've had since getting into Sideshow's stuff, the ONLY one that has never spent time in rotation, but always been displayed, is Red Death. He's just a striking, gorgeous figure, well-executed in all respects. Just magnificent.

Since it couldn't be seen under the robe, and since no one would know it's there but me (and now, I guess, all of you) I strapped a spare Gen. Lee saber to him in homage to the terrible film of the musical that added in that pointless sword fight in the middle of the film. I figured, "Why not? Erik probably would keep something sharp handy when he ventured out into the Masquerade."

they are all great.

but my favourites are Red Death, Creature, Invisible Man and all the Frankensteins...

I had quite a bit of these figures at one point but had to trim down my collection. The 3 that I kept were Bela Dracula, original Karloff Frankenstein and London After Midnight.

I have the original Frankenstein, The Vampyre, Bela's Dracula nd the Wolfman.
All nice figures, not up to today's standards in paint apps or clothing, but good looking nevertheless.
I'm thinking about having all of them repainted and doing some customizing on the clothing. Anybody have repaints of Frank?

Back