How about some 1/4 PF Matrix Trilogy statue's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How about some 1/4 PF Matrix Trilogy statue's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mini-Rock said:
This thread is for whether or not PF Collector's want to see these happen in 1/4 form, or possibly 1/3 (yay or nay). Let's stick to topic and keep the 12" action figure stuff in the kids section. :)

Seeing how quickly the 1/6 SW and LOTR line sells I guess there must be a large amount of kids here... :rolleyes:

Don't call it a trilogy because all of the movies sucked except the first. How about calling it "one good movie and two made of feces".

Vader AL said:
Don't call it a trilogy because all of the movies sucked except the first. How about calling it "one good movie and two made of feces".

The first movie was the best but I really liked "Revolutions" as well. My biggest problem with "Reloaded" is that it's basically one kung-fu fight scene after another...

Did we really need to see Neo fight over 500+ Smiths for about 9 min. only to have him fly off in the end???

sebcanadaceo said:
I'd like them to make 1/6 figures instead.

I can't afford the 1/4 nor do I have the room for them. Maybe I could find a way to get one but with the "Matrix", I'd want more than one character!
I completely agree with you if they made them 1/6 that is the way to go and if it exceeded all of their expectations then maybe they could try it in 1/4 for a few pieces.

I don't know why so many people are against the Matrix. Sure the last two movies weren't what everyone expected but they weren't all that bad.

I agree. C'mon some of those Star Wars movies were down-right ridiculous and people still go ga-ga over Star Wars figures. I for one would snatch up Matrix figures, be it 1/4 or 16.

The same can be said for Star Wars, IMHO.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Mini-Rock said:
This thread is for whether or not PF Collector's want to see these happen in 1/4 form, or possibly 1/3 (yay or nay). Let's stick to topic and keep the 12" action figure stuff in the kids section. :)

SS made its name on 1/6 scale figures,sooo.... if you want to talk in "the kids section", you are already in it.....this SSF site is full of "kids" who spend more than a kids income on "12 inch action figures"......I guess you'll have to find you a more adult place to ask your PF questions...........

I agree.... I guess I'm a kid... Over a dozen 1/6th figures and only ONE PF?! Say it ain't so!! :horror

But honestly as far as the Matrix goes... I loved the first movie, liked the fights in the second one but was let down by the story. The third was only worth it for the Neo/Smith fight... Odd ending that made me pretty turned off to the entire franchise from there on in.

Having said that... I still would buy the 1/6th figures if only for the pop culture influence. As for PF.... I'd only buy Neo... and only if it was Reloaded Neo.:cool:

My pocket would allow no further expansion.

sebcanadaceo said:
Speak for yourself buddy, who exactly made you king of this thread!?!

I don't collect PF because they are too expensive for my budget and because I don't have the space to diplay them... I don't see the point in buying a PF figure if you keep it in the box!?!

I collect many 12" figures and I am by no means a "kid"...

If I want to throw in my two cents and say that I would prefer 12" figures as opposed to PF, I can and will do so! I'm not going to start a new thread when the subject is pratically the same thing. This in no way takes away from the PF collectors in this thread who want to see these figures in PF format...

It's called forum etiqutte and respecting the thread author's wishes. I thought I had made the focus for this thread perfectly clear in my first post. Apparently, it wasn't clear enough which is why I posted it again because I didn't want this to turn into the usual "I'd like to see it in 1/6 instead" or a M2 and M3 bash-fest. I guess there are a few on this forum who aren't mature enough to respect or even understand that.

That's fine. I guess I could've played that too, and went into the 12" threads, that I have absolutely no interest in, and post how I'd rather have PF's instead. Oh well.

I don't see how they derail your thread by answering the question? Just because they prefer the 12" format for these characters doesn't mean they're not PF collectors at all.
So the question is, would I, as someone who adores the PF medium, buy Matrix characters? Perhaps a Neo, yes, but that's it. In the 12", and fully posable range however.... :wacky

Doomhammer said:
I don't see how they derail your thread by answering the question? Just because they prefer the 12" format for these characters doesn't mean they're not PF collectors at all.

I'm not saying they aren't; but, this thread is specifically for discussing the desire, or not, to have 1/4 PF statue's made from the Matrix trilogy (read the topic header). If there is enough interest from the members of this forum for 12" action figures from the trilogy to be made, it is enough to warrant a different thread. This one isn't it.

I would think you, as a moderator, would appreciate keeping threads on topic. Let's consider the matter squashed and move on. :)

I think that given the nature of the board there is lots of cross-over between PF and 1/6 collectors and trying to seperate them ain't gonna work. I was exclusively a 1/6 collector and had absolutely no interest in statues of any sort, but was brought over to statues through PFs and now collect all 3 formats.

I would remind people that as when speaking of new products, some people might like a movie and try to a bit more respectful of others opinions.
:peace

Mini-Rock said:
I would think you, as a moderator, would appreciate keeping threads on topic.

And I would think answering your question by saying I would prefer 1/6 figures isn't going off topic ;)

I would be REALLY intrested well I would actually purchase a Neo and Trinity PFs without a doubt!

Mini-Rock said:
So let me get this straight, dolls in 1/6 scale are for kids but dolls in 1/4 are for adults. What about dolls in 1/2 scale, are they for senior citizens? :confused:
Price doesn't dictate that something is more adult oriented then something else, just for collectors in a different financial bracket, would a 1/1 scale doll of Elmo that costs $200 be intended for kids or adults? what about a $300 videogame console?
It sounds like your'e just trying to rationalize your insecurity that you collecting dolls is immature.
Perhaps Mini Rock needs some kind of intervention to force him to grow up and stop collecting dolls. ;)

Doomhammer said:
And I would think answering your question by saying I would prefer 1/6 figures isn't going off topic ;)

When it becomes part of the main topic, as it now has, it is going off topic. :)

screamingmetal said:
So let me get this straight, dolls in 1/6 scale are for kids but dolls in 1/4 are for adults. What about dolls in 1/2 scale, are they for senior citizens? :confused:
Price doesn't dictate that something is more adult oriented then something else, just for collectors in a different financial bracket, would a 1/1 scale doll of Elmo that costs $200 be intended for kids or adults? what about a $300 videogame console?

It sounds like your'e just trying to rationalize your insecurity that you collecting dolls is immature.
Perhaps Mini Rock needs some kind of intervention to force him to grow up and stop collecting dolls. ;)

WOW! Must have hit it close to the mark. If I knew the kiddies were going to throw a tantrum, I would have brought binkies.

It's real simple kids. If you have nothing to add regarding 1/4 Matrix statues, then it is time to move on. ;)

Personally, any Neo or Morpheus would be awesome in PF.. Maybe have A Neo and Smith that can be positioned together like the Obi and Darth ones? Not sure how good they could be made in 1/6th scale, but I'm sure that the 1/4th scale would do well with these characters. The costuming alone on those films were astounding in normal scale, can only imagine what kind of challenge they would be for Production.

Anyhoo... I'm sure they would rock. I'd probably sell a kidney or something to afford them. maybe retire my Mcfarlane Matrix figures.... (they need it..) lol :monkey5

One cool possibility about doing Matrix in PF: what if it meant altogether new PF poses? What if there were 1:4 mixed media figures posed like the McFarlane 8" figures from the shoot-up-the-lobby scene in the first flick? Neo upside down, or dropping backward ducking bullets? Trinity running up the wall? Morpheus in kung-fu flight? Whoa.

Gruff Old Bear said:
One cool possibility about doing Matrix in PF: what if it meant altogether new PF poses? What if there were 1:4 mixed media figures posed like the McFarlane 8" figures from the shoot-up-the-lobby scene in the first flick? Neo upside down, or dropping backward ducking bullets? Trinity running up the wall? Morpheus in kung-fu flight? Whoa.
Whoa indeed.

Back