HOTH: What to expect from Sideshows trip to the ice planet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowtrooper, Han and Luke on their Taun-Tauns, AT-AT Driver, a Wampa....there is quite a bit I'd get from their trip to HOTH actually.

Hello

We saw in the past pictures of the tauntaun in developpment, and also the probe droid. SSC talked about the snowtrooper some months ago, too.

In addition to these, I'd love to see (and get) :
- Luke, Han and Leïa in Hoth gear
- Rebel soldier and officie in Hoth gear
- Snowspeeder Luke or rebel pilot in orange suit.
- AT-AT driver
- General Veer

the probe droid and the Tauntaun were hinted at by Sideshow.
SilverSurfer hinted at a Snowtrooper...and perhaps the E Web Cannon.

If a Tauntaun was coming..then no doubts we get either Han or Luke or BOTH.
Leia would be icing on the cake.
As someone mentioned above...Sideshow are waaaaaay overdue a new female Star Wars character...Need more than just Leia/Boussh,ANH Leia,Snow Bunny Padme and Asajj Ventress

Give me this!
Atgarptower.jpg

With a figure of this!
830px-PTowerLaserCannon-cogl.jpg

And an environment with this!
830px-EchoBaseDefenses.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd be happy with any more human sculpts from Sideshow. I have nearly every Star Wars item they've made so far but after seeing HT's Luke I don't think I would buy a SSC Hoth Luke or Han.

I hate to say that and I really hope I'm proven wrong.

A SSC Snowy, AT-AT, Tie pilot or generic Rebel would be awesome from Sideshow though.

Ok everyone wants an AT-AT Driver, but what color do you want it: white as seen on screen, or gray as the real prop used by ILM in ESB?

Rather see a real prop grey version than the white ones. Just as SS made the Piett outfit army green instead of grey as they appear in the movie :peace

Rather see a real prop grey version than the white ones. Just as SS made the Piett outfit army green instead of grey as they appear in the movie :peace

For me I'd prefer the opposite, although it's not a deal breaker. I just think there should be a difference between 12" scale figures and say prop replicas. I don't want stormtroopers with green lenses on 12" figures and just in general I'd prefer they keep to the same colours as they appeared in the movie. Like that CoolToys interview with Sideshow in regards to Han Solo's jacket on Hoth. Seems kind of silly and pedantic to say explain to a more casual fan that although they're expecting to see a blue jacket, the actual jacket was brown.

Snowtrooper is what I am waiting for. I also am sceptical of a Han, Luke or Leia hoth figure. They just can't seem to get them right. But rebel Hoth troops, I'm all for it!

Snowtrooper is what I am waiting for. I also am sceptical of a Han, Luke or Leia hoth figure. They just can't seem to get them right. But rebel Hoth troops, I'm all for it!

Yeah, hopefully they leave the Han, Luke and Leah to Hot Toys, like several people have mentioned. I think I'd also trust HT to get the jackets down better than SSC... really that's based on nothing in particular except I just think the jackets would be really easy to mess up. If they look too poofy or disproportionate than it just blows the whole look of the figure.

Snow trooper and probe droid. :pray:

Yep, those would be the two must-buys for me as well. Probe droid especially at that scale would be really cool. And maybe a Hoth environment of some kind. Would be very hard to say no to a good backdrop.

1/6 scale AT-AT.

Owwwww![/Homer] Time to re-mortgage the house! :monkey2

I can see them making an ice cave environment so we can hang Luke upside down.

Hopefully they partner up with HT to release a Hoth/Bespin Escape Leia and a Hoth/Bespin Han

The Probe Droid is a must for me. I always loved my original toy from way back in the day.

Back