1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can accepted the lack of spikes on his back etc. I can accepted reused base etc. But the lack of extra hands is huge dissapointment.

I am really curious to how the coiled whip attaches to the figure. In the the photos showing on the figure it looks like it's either tied on or tuck under the belt somehow. If it requires tying it on then that is one accessory that will be staying in the box. I really wish HT had created a small notch or tiny hook, so it could just attach and detach easily.

That's something I was wondering as well, being that I intend to have mine posed with it on his belt. I hope it's not something that you have to tie on, because that can get frustrating and once you finally get it on, it's almost impossible to get back off. I hope it's something similar to Wonder Woman's lasso, where it just hooks on. If it is something you have to tie on, I'm sure one could probably come up with a way where you can circumvent that and attach it through other means.

I can accepted the lack of spikes on his back etc. I can accepted reused base etc. But the lack of extra hands is huge dissapointment.

Yeah same here, not a huge deal to me. Would have been nice of course to nail every detail, but it's just a nitpick. As I mentioned, I would prefer that they got the scarring on the shoulder detail being that you're able to see that, whereas the spikes are something that are really only visible from the back side.

Good news. Handle is adjustible
6125738-B-9-E10-4-D56-A36-B-DEA6-B26979-A1.jpg

Good news. Handle is adjustible
6125738-B-9-E10-4-D56-A36-B-DEA6-B26979-A1.jpg

Your gun is upside down on this photo, man. It should be like:

394f6be51814baddd9380722087e725b.jpg

But anyway it's possible to disassemble this gun.
I totally gonna make it with mine, coz I want to put some magnets inside. I don't like to use straps to fix it on the belt. I prefer magnets.

I am really curious to how the coiled whip attaches to the figure. In the the photos showing on the figure it looks like it's either tied on or tuck under the belt somehow. If it requires tying it on then that is one accessory that will be staying in the box. I really wish HT had created a small notch or tiny hook, so it could just attach and detach easily.

Looks like there's a little fabric/leather strap attached to the whip with a wire hook on it (at the 9:09 mark).

Having one of those little metal hooks that come on many of the belts of the Star Wars figures to attach the lightsaber hilt to the belt, looks like it may come in handy here.

DeanKnight's is up.

Gauntlets are fixed, mask doesn't come with an LED feature, no splayed hands. Those first two points don't bother me very much as I wouldn't have taken advantage of them, but all three are a sign of corner-cutting. While the figure looks excellent, they're not pulling out as many stops as they once did, yet continue to increase prices.

And I've ordered because it's the only option out there. Sadly, HT is aware of this. Their commitment to taking on design challenges and putting out the best products possible (as stated in that behind-the-scenes video they posted last week) no longer extends to licenses like these. Happy to have him, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish he were at least $40 cheaper.

Last edited:
Overall, a very stunning figure indeed.

Some of his nitpicks though I already expected just from having AvP Scar, such as the hoses on the bio-mask not being able to plug in where they're supposed to (which I prefer not to anyway because it enables you to futz them to look more accurate) and the fingers on the hands being rock solid, which makes it a bit difficult to get him to hold an accessory. He also mentioned the lack of a bicep swivel and I noticed him thinking it was around the actual upper bicep area, but the newer Predator bodies all have the "bicep swivel" located at the elbow joint. Not sure if that is absent on this figure, or DK was just looking in the wrong place. While the lack of the blind eye is a bit of a gripe, it doesn't really bother me being that I'm going to have him always posed with his bio-mask on anyway. Plus, I'm sure it's something that can be remedied with a touch of paint, but you shouldn't have to in the first place.

I think my biggest gripes are the way the additional plasmacaster attaches, the main plasmacaster seemingly not being able to be detached (being that he ripped off his main one as well when he created his plasma pistol), and the lack of hands. Sometimes I think HT attempts to reinvent the wheel with some of this stuff and doesn't just keep it simple and stick to what worked before. For the additional plasmacaster and the piece of armor that covers up that area when the plasmacaster is off, I think it being magnetic would have probably worked very nicely. Both sides, actually.

I'm glad HT actually got rid of the LED feature, as I think it was kind of just a gimmick and required that unsightly black wire to have to be affixed to the mask, and it was a 50/50 chance it would actually work. For fancy pictures, I think it's better to just add a tri-laser targeting effect anyway.

I have to go back and look at movie stills but his mask looks small around the jaw line. Something about the mask is off as a result does not capture “The Wolf Predator”, rather a generic Predator? The mask also look one tone. And the markings are very subtle.

There are disappointing factors to this figure but I'm still excited and impressed to get this guy, it's not enough for me to cancel my order but I will say the prototype mask of Wolf I like better, as for the size of it I see what you mean @Bo Shrek

Back