1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably it's all on purpose, they are either saving on costs on this one and if it sells well they'll probably release a battle-damaged wolf or whatever with the parts that we are missing here.

Doubtful, even if it sells.

For as much as they put this one on the back burner, HT was probably glad to finally get it out of the way to make room for all the MCU and Star Wars figures this year. Highly doubt they’d waste time on another Wolf.

Though it’d be easy to do, being that there would be very minimal differences since he wasn’t overly BD. Just a more scuffed up biomask really.

For as much as they put this one on the back burner, HT was probably glad to finally get it out of the way to make room for all the MCU and Star Wars figures this year. Highly doubt they’d waste time on another Wolf.

Though it’d be easy to do, being that there would be very minimal differences since he wasn’t overly BD. Just a more scuffed up biomask really.

Yeah, unfortunately I think HT is done with predators after this so we'll likely never get JH 2.0, Chopper 2.0, or any other ones to round up our collection.

for a half-assed character it's already too much :dunno

And it's always nice to see the ever annoying P. keeping up with his old antics. Some things never change.

Maybe not. we witnessed recently the ROTJ Luke Skywalker they did with only a few different accessories.

HT is all about making money and easy money if possible (think of all the IM paint scheme variants on the same suit).

Also this is named Wolf Predator Heavy Armor version, why not just call it Wolf Predator 2.0? I think the plan is if this sells well they will reuse this version without shoulder cannons and backpack.

Release Wolf final battle version, which would be a slightly more damaged bio mask, bloodied body, closed mandible, open mandibles, whip and hand gun (shoulder cannon) closed mandibles could be tweeked from Classic predator easily

So all in all the real work needed would be slight tweek of biomask, paint some fluorescent blood spots on body and add closed mandibles= $$

All will be based on the amount of orders HT gets on this version first though.

Maybe not. we witnessed recently the ROTJ Luke Skywalker they did with only a few different accessories.

HT is all about making money and easy money if possible (think of all the IM paint scheme variants on the same suit).

Also this is named Wolf Predator Heavy Armor version, why not just call it Wolf Predator 2.0? I think the plan is if this sells well they will reuse this version without shoulder cannons and backpack.

Release Wolf final battle version, which would be a slightly more damaged bio mask, bloodied body, closed mandible, open mandibles, whip and hand gun (shoulder cannon) closed mandibles could be tweeked from Classic predator easily

So all in all the real work needed would be slight tweek of biomask, paint some fluorescent blood spots on body and add closed mandibles= $$

All will be based on the amount of orders HT gets on this version first though.

Yeah I get that. The name (Heavy Weaponry) is sort of ambiguous. It could be a release where this figure sort of covers all bases of the film, such as including the plasma pistol and the whip, but isn’t scene specific. Then they do a more scene specific version with a more scuffed up biomask and BD body, but like you said only includes scene specific weapons.

However, regarding using deluxe RotJ Luke Skywalker as an example, I have two words for you: Star Wars. Star Wars > Predator for HT every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not that I blame them though.

And it's always nice to see the ever annoying P. keeping up with his old antics. Some things never change.

I’ve just come to the conclusion the guy actually hates Predator. Then again, he’s also the same guy I think who always craps on HT Terminators, yet owns like 500 of them.

I’ve just come to the conclusion the guy actually hates Predator. Then again, he’s also the same guy I think who always craps on HT Terminators, yet owns like 500 of them.

Well I'd say that buys him the right to be critical, no? It's often said around here that you can't judge something until you have it in hand and yet if someone continues to criticize after receiving it the response becomes ''so why did you buy it, loser!?'' It can't be both ways.

The impetus to buy 500 of them, meanwhile, is love for toys at a minimum. He's a big toy enthusiast, that doesn't have to mean he loves everything about them. It also has to be enthusiasm for the subject matter - if he hated Predator and Terminator then obviously he wouldn't be buying any of those at all let alone that many. I don't think you can fully believe that even though you said it.

He loves the Predator, the general concept of the creature even if not every single design and certainly not every single movie. I believe his favourite film is Predator 2, he might correct me on that. He loves The Terminator, both the 1984 film and also the general concept of the T-800 - he grudgingly respects T2 - it does things he doesn't like and he generally believes it wasn't necessary but there's many things in it he does like. And I'm pretty sure that, like me - like most of us - he thinks the rest of the Terminator films are ***t.

Now, if you don't like his conduct in this or other threads, alright, I won't defend everything. I'm just responding to those particular things you said which have probably been leveled at me in the past (by others). They are refutable both for me and for him and so I felt compelled.

Curious if there was another version released what would it consist of? Aside from open hands and closed mandibles what else is missing? I asked because I cannot recall. Seems to be all here?

Well I'd say that buys him the right to be critical, no? It's often said around here that you can't judge something until you have it in hand and yet if someone continues to criticize after receiving it the response becomes ''so why did you buy it, loser!?'' It can't be both ways.

The impetus to buy 500 of them, meanwhile, is love for toys at a minimum. He's a big toy enthusiast, that doesn't have to mean he loves everything about them. It also has to be enthusiasm for the subject matter - if he hated Predator and Terminator then obviously he wouldn't be buying any of those at all let alone that many. I don't think you can fully believe that even though you said it.

He loves the Predator, the general concept of the creature even if not every single design and certainly not every single movie. I believe his favourite film is Predator 2, he might correct me on that. He loves The Terminator, both the 1984 film and also the general concept of the T-800 - he grudgingly respects T2 - it does things he doesn't like and he generally believes it wasn't necessary but there's many things in it he does like. And I'm pretty sure that, like me - like most of us - he thinks the rest of the Terminator films are ***t.

Now, if you don't like his conduct in this or other threads, alright, I won't defend everything. I'm just responding to those particular things you said which have probably been leveled at me in the past (by others). They are refutable both for me and for him and so I felt compelled.

I get what you’re saying, I’m the same way with many franchises, Predator included. However, at the same time, actions always speak louder than words. If you think HT is crap and that just about everything they put out is crap or inaccurate, then you’re free to stop buying them. However, owning several and continuing to do so after continually trashing them, kind of indicates otherwise. Then whining and complaining whenever they don’t give treatment to your “favorite” franchise, makes it even more laughable.

Just like how people were bashing the new Predator film before it even came out, saying that they “know” it’s going to be crap before having seen it. It’s one thing to not get your hopes up and simply hope for the best but not expect it, but it’s another to just be downright pessimistic. So even though you claim to “like” Predator, would you prefer that the franchise just stop for good because you already know you’re not going to like anything about it that anyone makes?

Buy what you want of course, say what you want of course, malign what you want of course, but other people are free to think you’re full of **** and a hypocrite. And I don’t mean you specifically when I say “you”, just anyone in general. So I hope you don’t take it personal because it’s not.

But like you said, it’s more just the guy’s conduct. The my opinion > your opinion mentality, and telling others who like something you don’t personally like that it’s because they like crappy toys, films, etc.

Curious if there was another version released what would it consist of? Aside from open hands and closed mandibles what else is missing? I asked because I cannot recall. Seems to be all here?

If they do, and I think that is an utter man-sized if, I think it’d simply be more scene specific to the ending of the film when he battled the Predalien. Splotches of green blood, a more scuffed up biomask, etc. Battle damaged, basically.

But I agree with you being that they already included everything here weapon wise, combined with the fact producing Predator figures appear to be the least of their concerns, I’d say this is the only Wolf 2.0. Won’t be another variant.

The original fans of Predator 1 and 2 being told they have to enjoy the movies that started getting made 14 years later (AVP, AVPR, Predators, The Predator) that no longer had Stan Winston designs, Thomas brothers scripts, or Alan Silvestri music are the ones in the right. The 2004-present directors keep trying to change the lore and concepts in ways that suck. Younger people probably just binge watched all of the movies at once in a couple years time and see no difference in quality or the complete betrayal of the franchise.

Being told you have to like the new stuff from movies made by different people than the originals is absurd on the face of it. It's essentially fan fiction when nobody from the original films (for Predator, Terminator, Star Wars, whatever) is writing and making everything in the new ones.

And this particular movie, AVPR, is almost universally trashed by critics and the general public. Don't make this TERRIBLE movie with bad lighting, bad writing, lazy designs your hill to die on about being "a real Predator fan." Hot Toys sinking money into production of a figure from a decade-old movie that was a complete failure is admirable that they are willing to take that kind of hit.

Nobody is telling you that you have to like anything. “Knowing” that something is bad before even having seen it and then claiming it’s because you’re a “true fan”, is what’s laughable.

And yes, I didn’t like AvPR as a film. However, I liked Wolf because I like Predators in general.

I would like it if he had his chair from the beginning of the movie. To me, that's the best part is him turning the chair around and getting his weapons and mask.
So even though you claim to “like” Predator, would you prefer that the franchise just stop for good because you already know you’re not going to like anything about it that anyone makes?
I actually would prefer this franchise stop for good if movies like "The Predator (2018)" are the quality we're supposed to "enjoy" now and in the future.

I think we can all agree that The Predator was total **** and had no good predator design whatsoever.

Agree about the film. I rank it only above AvPR personally, maybe not even that. I figured it’d at least be better than Predators, but that wasn’t the case. The design of Fugitive is starting to grow on me though, and I still hope the figure goes up for PO because I like to have at least one Predator from each film. But I think it’s by far not the best Predator design, indeed.

Really wish they made a Predator with 2 heads (one with mask and one without).

I hate those mandible seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wish they made a Predator with 2 heads (one with mask and one without).

I hate those mandible seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't agree with you more, those mandible seams are cancer, ruins the head sculpt. On the older preds they weren't as prominent imo but 2 headsculps wouldn't hurt especially since we're only getting 1 set of mandibles with this new Wolf.

I can't agree with you more, those mandible seams are cancer, ruins the head sculpt. On the older preds they weren't as prominent imo but 2 headsculps wouldn't hurt especially since we're only getting 1 set of mandibles with this new Wolf.

I 3rd this, they are too visible. There has to be a way to make them less visible.

So how do you guys all plan on posing him, at least to start out with? Bio-mask on or off? With the combistick, whip, plasma pistol, dissolving liquid, etc?

I'm personally going with the bio-mask on, and based on the room I have in my display, I'm thinking either just a neutral pose with the dual plasmacasters out, or a pose with him simply using the dissolving liquid.

Back