1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any reason to pre-order this guy? There's no exclusive, and there's a NRD.

Not having bought preds recently from sideshow, I wasn't sure how fast the stock would run out.

I don't see any reason to pre-order any Hot Toys really. They will make a $h!t load of Wolf Predator 2.0 and he can be had for around 10%-20% lower on ebay.

Speaking of Wolf 2.0, it's been awfully quiet around him since the initial reveal buzz. Any new sightings out there? When could we expect it to be released?

As with any Hot toys, the pre-order decision really comes down to how much you want it and what you think the odds are of it pre-selling out. Yes it has happened before and I'm sure it will happen again.

Heck, some have pre-sold out within a few hours....(SS Batman).

The Wolf is a figure that all predator fans have longed to see a 2.0 version of as the original was very early in HT manufacturing process. The improvements are by leaps and bounds compared to the quality they put out now.

I don't believe this will Pre-sell out right now. However, after the release in HK with some reviews popping up can and sometimes does push a frenzy that causes the figure to pre-sell out....(Civil War Black Panther).

As with any Hot toys, the pre-order decision really comes down to how much you want it and what you think the odds are of it pre-selling out. Yes it has happened before and I'm sure it will happen again.

Heck, some have pre-sold out within a few hours....(SS Batman).

The Wolf is a figure that all predator fans have longed to see a 2.0 version of as the original was very early in HT manufacturing process. The improvements are by leaps and bounds compared to the quality they put out now.

I don't believe this will Pre-sell out right now. However, after the release in HK with some reviews popping up can and sometimes does push a frenzy that causes the figure to pre-sell out....(Civil War Black Panther).
Plus this should be releasing around the time the 2018 Predator movie hits theaters, so if the movie is good, maybe there will be increased interest in getting a Hot Toys Predator also, I draged my feet on HOT Toys Predator 2 2.0 figure not its kind of expensive to get on the secondary market. So I have Wolf 2.0 Predator on p.o. for sure .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I read in a studio visit to ADI that, at least in the author's opinion, they have designed one of the best looking predator costumes yet for the new movie - something that hasn't been leaked yet. Waiting to see if it gets the HT treatment. This is a beautiful figure, but i'm going to try to wait. Long needed upgrade for this figure. Glad HTs is still showing the Preds a little love.

I will be pre-ordering the Wolf Predator 2.0 early next Month. I was going to order the Elder from P2 but this looks much more interesting. I have not bought any Hot Toys figures in a long time and this will be an awesome way to jump back in. :) I hope the new Predator movie will spawn an awesome redone Predator from Hot Toys as well as the Predator line has always been my favorite. :cool:

PO’d this guy this evening. The film he’s from as a film is meh, but his armor and bio mask are too cool looking and he’s too boss of a Pred not to have. Quite possibly the most proficient hunter to me.

PO’d this guy this evening. The film he’s from as a film is meh, but his armor and bio mask are too cool looking and he’s too boss of a Pred not to have. Quite possibly the most proficient hunter to me.

Totally agree. Requiem was ass as a movie, but Wolf was the king. I actually had the Ancient predator for a while, but I got rid of him because the the over-bulked muscular body and excessive array of showy ceremonial bladed weapons just didn't hit a chord with me. Wolf, with his lean body, real battle scars, minimized armor, and awesome assortment of killing tools for every occasion, will be my AVP predator.

Totally agree. Requiem was ass as a movie, but Wolf was the king. I actually had the Ancient predator for a while, but I got rid of him because the the over-bulked muscular body and excessive array of showy ceremonial bladed weapons just didn't hit a chord with me. Wolf, with his lean body, real battle scars, minimized armor, and awesome assortment of killing tools for every occasion, will be my AVP predator.

Wolf is the consummate Predator to me, and as mentioned, probably the most adept hunter. If I got another AvP Predator, it'd probably be Scar or Celtic; more likely the former since he was the main Predator of the first film.

Plus this should be releasing around the time the 2018 Predator movie hits theaters, so if the movie is good, maybe there will be increased interest in getting a Hot Toys Predator also, I draged my feet on HOT Toys Predator 2 2.0 figure not its kind of expensive to get on the secondary market. So I have Wolf 2.0 Predator on p.o. for sure .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

very true. Got mine on PO too, was so excited to see they are FINALLY doing a 2.0 of him!!!!

I think everyone agrees that Requiem was horrible. The Wolf was the only reason to watch it, that and our first glimpse of the predator home world!

I think everyone agrees that Requiem was horrible. The Wolf was the only reason to watch it, that and our first glimpse of the predator home world!

First time reading that and it's so true. I'm watching this horrible movie just to see that cool chair and the bios on the wall. Too funny. But I do watch it from time to time, while I play video games though

I watched AvPR last night again for the first time in ages after PO'ing this. It wasn't AS bad as I recall, but the only reason to watch it really is for Wolf himself, and the Wolf-Alien fight scenes. Wolf was an absolute boss in it. Really glad I have this on PO after seeing him in action again.

The main issue is how ****ing dark it is. Wolf was a badass, and that's all that mattered. The human characters were awful.

The best version to watch for AVP:R is the Blu-ray "Special edition extreme unrated set" (Predalien on the cover), not because an additional gore or extended unrated cut but seems like Fox added 10% more contrast to the film. I may be wrong but after comparing it to 1-cut-only-disc, the film actually has slightly more contrast in it!

The main issue is how ****ing dark it is. Wolf was a badass, and that's all that mattered. The human characters were awful.

Pretty much sums it up.

Watching it again, I forgot how dark the filtering was also. If you just watch it simply from the perspective though that Wolf is going to go hunt down and own some Aliens and that's it, and only really pay attention during those parts, then it's watchable. Ignore everything else.

Pretty much sums it up.

Watching it again, I forgot how dark the filtering was also. If you just watch it simply from the perspective though that Wolf is going to go hunt down and own some Aliens and that's it, and only really pay attention during those parts, then it's watchable. Ignore everything else.

They did their best to hide the budget effects IIRC. But I've seen plenty of videos of Wolf himself on set and suitups and it looked fine. Predalien did look awful in natural lighting though.

I wasn't sure if I had this PO'd when I saw it was sold out on BBTS... but thankfully I did PO it when it originally went up.

Wolf did indeed look pretty cool in natural lighting or in photos where you were actually able to see what his armor looked like and the details in it.

image.jpeg
View attachment 387991
View attachment 387992

I'll probably be using much of those to use as my reference for futzing the figure, as far as placement of accessories and what not. Although looking at the promo photos of it, it actually already looks relatively accurate.

Back