1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding.

You can buy him now on SSC, so I’m guessing they got all their stock in. The lack of activity in this thread though doesn’t seem to reflect that.

How are people liking their Wolf? This thread been pretty silent.

I just moved and am busy setting up shelving, but I opened and modded one a few weeks ago, I love it so much. The gun assembly was my only gripe but a super easy fix. Glad i bought two, if hes available still in a few months it might be three :lol

No kidding.

You can buy him now on SSC, so I’m guessing they got all their stock in. The lack of activity in this thread though doesn’t seem to reflect that.

Predators aren’t popular like they used to be. Especially with the string of mediocre to downright horrible movies. I got my Wolf and still haven’t opened him yet. I will soon eventually. Once (or if at all) Chopper is released, I am officially done with predators.

Think it's also the fact that there are thriving communities around the franchise on both Facebook and Instagram. I prefer the latter to these boards these days. Just search for #wolfpredator there.

Predators aren’t popular like they used to be. Especially with the string of mediocre to downright horrible movies.
horrible movies were definitely the reason. like when Scar and Wolf killed predators as a franchise, Berserker pissed on their graves, and Stripper dug up the corpses and raped them.

If they made a new Jungle Hunter and Dutch and those tanked in sales and drew little to no enthusiasm in the forums I'd be willing to agree that people just don't care about Predator anymore. Likewise with Terminator. The two Genisys figures were slow sellers shock horror. But try the original Endoskeleton design that people have actually been asking for for the past 10 years, try new T1 and T2 Arnies with improved likenesses. If no one cares about those then fine, it's done.

i just got a HT star craps base with teeth and tentacles to use with my Dead Space Isaac Clarke figure. a base. it looks and feels like it's got more love put into making it than some of HT predator or terminator figures.
p.s. not saying that about Wolf figure here!

This figure is fine but I still think it lacks anything new to set it apart from the previous kit versions Hot Toys made. If they had made the chair he first appears in or a new unique base it could have been better. There's not much to say about it other than we knew the body and face sculpt were getting an upgrade.

If they made a new Jungle Hunter and Dutch and those tanked in sales and drew little to no enthusiasm in the forums I'd be willing to agree that people just don't care about Predator anymore. Likewise with Terminator. The two Genisys figures were slow sellers shock horror. But try the original Endoskeleton design that people have actually been asking for for the past 10 years, try new T1 and T2 Arnies with improved likenesses. If no one cares about those then fine, it's done.

:exactly:

This figure is fine but I still think it lacks anything new to set it apart from the previous kit versions Hot Toys made. If they had made the chair he first appears in or a new unique base it could have been better. There's not much to say about it other than we knew the body and face sculpt were getting an upgrade.

Offering it in two different packages would have been cool. Deluxe with the throne, and then single version. Similar to RotJ Emperor, basically. Despite being from a subpar film, Wolf is one of the more popular Predators, so offering a deluxe version of him would have been neat.

Predators aren’t popular like they used to be. Especially with the string of mediocre to downright horrible movies. I got my Wolf and still haven’t opened him yet. I will soon eventually. Once (or if at all) Chopper is released, I am officially done with predators.

Wouldn’t get a JH 2.0?

Which movie killed Pred franchise? Aside from mediocre AVP 1 and 2... I blame Predators 2010.It was okay at first for having shocking elements like uglier predator killing smaller one we know and love on screen but after awhile, you realized you cant get anything else from it. At least those AVPs were loosely based on comic books and video game lores, Predators 2010 altered lores so much anyone try to retcon it, given us even worse The Predator 2018. That’s why I think 2010 movie = Transformers: Last Knight for Predator franchise.

Which movie killed Pred franchise? Aside from mediocre AVP 1 and 2... I blame Predators 2010.It was okay at first for having shocking elements like uglier predator killing smaller one we know and love on screen but after awhile, you realized you cant get anything else from it. At least those AVPs were loosely based on comic books and video game lores, Predators 2010 altered lores so much anyone try to retcon it, given us even worse The Predator 2018. That’s why I think 2010 movie = Transformers: Last Knight for Predator franchise.

This happened at the end of the film though. By that time, you probably either liked it, or thought it was a miss. Him killing Classic wouldn’t have saved the entire film.

Unless you were referring to how the film holds up over time?

I mostly agree with that assessment. i thought it was lazy and disrespectful of the property to put the new guy over by having him squash a facsimile of the beloved predecessor (no pun intended). and then they did it twice, totally relying on this "newer, badder" concept to sell the movie. no, just... guys... just, write a good movie. we don't want predator 3.0, we want a regular old well-designed, carefully crafted character. and that's what wolf is, despite the horse he rode in on. he has a history, a personality, and a visual design that includes the same basic tweaks that were made between kph's predators. ive only seen avpr once, didn't care for it, but the strause brothers, whatever their failures were, supervised a fantastic character in wolf. predalien, not so much (just my opinion).

When I first saw it (P2018) in the theater, I thought it was ok. When I watched it at home for a second time, I realized I thought it sucks. I don’t think I can watch it again. After the Fugitive Predator action, as if that wasn’t boring enough, I find the film to be incredibly boring.

I mostly agree with that assessment. i thought it was lazy and disrespectful of the property to put the new guy over by having him squash a facsimile of the beloved predecessor (no pun intended). and then they did it twice, totally relying on this "newer, badder" concept to sell the movie. no, just... guys... just, write a good movie. we don't want predator 3.0, we want a regular old well-designed, carefully crafted character. and that's what wolf is, despite the horse he rode in on. he has a history, a personality, and a visual design that includes the same basic tweaks that were made between kph's predators. ive only seen avpr once, didn't care for it, but the strause brothers, whatever their failures were, supervised a fantastic character in wolf. predalien, not so much (just my opinion).

Yeah, based on Wolf, to me it’s clear the creators of that film were Predator fans. Despite it being an overall lackluster film, he managed to be a shining star and salvaged whatever was left of the original Predator franchise. Imagine if Wolf was given his own individual Predator film as opposed to an AvP film.

I think The Predator has rammed the franchise headfirst into the pavement and then kerbstomped it. I didn't think a Predator film would ever be that crap. It was quite embarrassing and I'll be amazed if anyone touches Predator (cinematically) again.

I didn’t expect it to be better than the originals, but I did expect it to be better than Predators.

I was wrong.

Predators I can still watch now and again. P2018, I doubt I’ll watch again.

Predators should have been what they expanded on, set up a pretty great circumstance where they have no clue how to get back to earth and could go a bit deeper into the lore as they figure it out.

Back