1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always base my figure poses of athlets or a classical fine art sculptures etc. They look anatomically correct.

Bleach shinigami always run like this for some weird reason - with their arms behind their bodies.

Doesn’t look natural to me at all. Nobody runs like that.

He’s ice skating ;)

Yeah with a lot of these overly dynamic poses, even though they have a wow factor to them, many of them look more idealized and don’t really look natural at all. Part of the reason why I don’t really like maquettes, since they tend to do idealized poses.

Yeah with a lot of these overly dynamic poses, even though they have a wow factor to them, many of them look more idealized and don’t really look natural at all. Part of the reason why I don’t really like maquettes, since they tend to do idealized poses.

Yup, definitely idealized and I can see why some won't like it :lol I was trying to copy the Sideshow Legendary Wolf Pose.

large_286_5.jpg
MV5BYmQxYmYwZGUtZGZhNS00Y2U5LTk2Y2EtM2VmZDRhOTcwODdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Just need to bring the left arms of Wolf and Machiko to make it more naturual all out srint motion.

leb_000031589-e1319044379997.jpg

I personally like idealized poses as long as the bones and muscles are anatomically correct.

I always base my figure poses of athlets or a classical fine art sculptures etc. They look anatomically correct.

I like this too! Classical Greek and up to Hellenic Greek often had unatural idealized poses to depict their atheletes and gods. Example is Discus Thrower, unatural motion, but is anatomically correct.

scul2.jpg

Nice collection Brokencrash! Love the dynamic poses you have your Preds in! :clap

I love that pose!!

Thanks! Wolf is fun to pose out of the Predator line. I do wish they would use some of their Iron Man R&D, like shoulder joints that move out and double jointed knees that hide the joints well.

If you own Classic Predator and Wolf Predator 2.0 you will notice that Wolf’s hands are just resculpted Classic hands :)

Did the left hand of classic have the glove & spikes? Don't remeber. I had him awhile ago, but sold him. His mask & proportions were never quite right for me. Hoping for 2.0 Jungle Hunter :pray:

Different strokes for different folks. My mind operates way more on the idealistic side than realism, but I would do screen grabs for Predator 1 & 2

SS wolf does look like he's about to trip over the Alien head now that you mention it. I still love that pose though!

Better now? :)

Different strokes for different folks. My mind operates way more on the idealistic side than realism, but I would do screen grabs for Predator 1 & 2

Most definitely. It’s fun to see the different poses that people come up with. Some I would use myself, some I wouldn’t. But like General Patton said, “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.”

This is sick. Great posejob. I'd love to see his right arm fisted and pulled back, wristblade fully extended.

Haven’t seen you post in awhile. Nice to see that you’re still around!

https://media.giphy.com/media/N7FeGLHjVsDQY/giphy.gif

I think the word you are looking for is "stylized", which is definitely what the poses are.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://media1.giphy.com/media/DgsGEalr4ckc8/200_d.gif?cid=3640f6095c7ee16955416a384d8d3373

Haven’t seen you post in awhile. Nice to see that you’re still around!
Thanks brother. Still around, just not posting as much. Collection is still growing, though – just ordered this the other day from SS, waiting for shipping.

During the long Predator drought I expanded into Terminator and Robocop as well. Figured (no pun intended) I might as well get all my memories in physical form.

What's been up with you?

giphy.gif

I think the word you are looking for is "stylized", which is definitely what the poses are.

Negative, I intended to use the word "idealistic" and referred it to the Classical Greek to Hellenic Greek period of idealistic sculptures. I had to study this for a class called "Art up to the 15th Century". You should read up into it and it's quite fascinating how much of our sculpting technique came from that period. :)

There's a reason why I didn't use "Naturalistic", which the Greek's also used in their sculptures, although Greek Sculptures can be naturalistic, expressive, and idealistic all in the same piece.

Google "Idealistic Greek Sculptures"

Yeah with a lot of these overly dynamic poses, even though they have a wow factor to them, many of them look more idealized and don’t really look natural at all. Part of the reason why I don’t really like maquettes since they tend to do idealized poses.

Silverstar17 brought this up about maquettes and since my Wolf 2.0 pose was based on the Sideshow Legendary Wolf maquette statue, I referred to idealistic Greek sculptures that were anatomically correct but often depicted their gods and athletes in unnatural poses. Sculptors and 3D modelers including myself, study & take inspiration from Greek sculptures. Plus, in general, more people gravitate towards "stylized" things.

TLDR:

Your version of stylized can be slightly different. Stylized does not need to be "anatomically correct".

Idealistic Greek Sculptures = Anatomically correct, but gods and athletes often "Stylized" in unnatural poses. Unnatural Bleach/Naruto running pose was the reason why this was first brought up.

This is sick. Great posejob. I'd love to see his right arm fisted and pulled back, wristblade fully extended.

Yah that'll be awesome! The long blades are boxed up now. Maybe when you get yours, you can do that pose and show us!

Most definitely. It’s fun to see the different poses that people come up with. Some I would use myself, some I wouldn’t. But like General Patton said, “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.”

Amen

:rotfl

Yup, definitely idealized and I can see why some won't like it :lol
count me out, i didn't mean i didn't like it, it was great, just said it was an anime pose :)
actually it was better then. now his left arm is in front simultaneously with his left leg which is really unnatural. same with Machiko.

Yup, I messed up there (Thanks for pointing that out P). That's why I'm not an animator :lol

Guess the first pose was more or less correct, as you wouldn't be swinging the arm with an extended combi stick and whip.

Thanks brother. Still around, just not posting as much. Collection is still growing, though – just ordered this the other day from SS, waiting for shipping.

During the long Predator drought I expanded into Terminator and Robocop as well. Figured (no pun intended) I might as well get all my memories in physical form.

What's been up with you?

Nice. That’s cool that you’re expanding your collection and branching out beyond solely Predators. You should start a thread in the “Show Your Shelves” section that shows off your entire collection of everything.

And not much here. Still collecting a bit of everything. I collect from Predators, MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, James Bond, and various other one off figures. I’m at a point though where there’s not really anything pressing that I want at the moment, so there’s been a lull in my collecting. The things that I do want haven’t been made yet. JH 2.0, for instance.

Good to hear man. Yeah, I feel you. On my end the predrought has at least allowed me to catch up on the other franchises. Not too many pieces of course, just the vital ones per film, no humans as always. (Although non-BD T2 Arnold was an exception.) Great idea regarding a shelf thread – might just create one. Do you have one yourself?

I do.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-current-1-6-scale-hot-toys-collection-6.html

I’m actually at a phase where I’m trying to curtail the amount of figures I have, and just whittle it down to the things I really like. Deciding which characters I would consider accessories rather than necessities, etc. There’s a lot of universes and films that I like, so I like to have a variety and try not to put too much emphasis on one thing and try to just get the characters that I think capture the essence of that film or franchise best. Hence, why I don’t really have any interest in Preds like Tracker, Falconer, or Celtic, being that I consider them sort of secondary characters. I also have a fourth detolf on standby that I just need to figure out where to put. Trimming some fat and adding another detolf should thin things out a bit.

I’d like my Predator collection to look as follows, as these are the ones that I think capture the essence of each film:

P1 - JH
P2 - CH, Elder
AvP - Scar, Elder
AvPR - Wolf
Predators - Berserker, Classic
The Predator - Nada :lol

Back