1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday, not sure why the early youtubers reviews had the complaints they did.

2nd cannon goes on just fine, you just need to put it on properly. Backpacks, whip and spear as well.

My only 2 complaints is the plasma hand cannon handle needs to be rotated and the elbow/leg joints were left BLACK. Dumb move by hot toys and now I have to repaint those areas.

Couples of shots of Mine, no complaints

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_194937.jpg
    IMG_20190303_194937.jpg
    821.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20190303_194921_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20190303_194921_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 194
Yeah, I’d like to hopefully one day get a custom mask for CH. The only mask I’m not fully satisfied with.

Excellent pics and poses! Wolf 2.0 does look good! My wolf 2.0 should be here tomorrow.

Your CH with TD mask is reminding me that I need to pick one up too!

It's a must. I hated HT original bio mask. It's was horribly made. Right now I'm working on a full armor repaint etc. and some other upgrades.

Finally got to open mine tonight. I'm loving it! As with any figure there are awesome things and there are areas that miss the mark.

A major concern for me was the lack of dreads. Though I am relieved that in hand it doesn't seem as bad, although there should have been more dreads than what it has.

The second cannon went on with no issue as well as the other accessories.

I would say my 2 biggest knit picks would be the flat black elbow/ back of the knee joints (should have been colored same as flesh color) and more hand options.

I will post some pics tomorrow (kids are sleeping).

Overall loving this guy though!!!! If you are on the fence, get him because when you have him in hand the figure really has a shelf presence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s a really cool figure, even without the custom bio-mask. But seeing images of him with it, just makes me realize I need one.

I bought HT P2 because TD made that amazing movie accurate bio and plasma caster (HT version was total crap)

PS: Only thing that bothers the hell out of me is Wolf's lack of open hands.

Ok, I was able to finally take a couple shots. sorry just done with the phone. Having twins gives me like no time for ANYTHING!

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3126.jpg
    IMG_3126.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 160
https://flic.kr/p/2dZbWbs

https://flic.kr/p/RjJYNn

https://flic.kr/p/2dZbVWu

https://flic.kr/p/RjJYGF

Closest I'm going to get to ever having a Legendary Sideshow Wolf :rotfl

The 2nd caster was a little fiddly to put in place but once snapped in, it is really sturdy

Pros:
-Articulation is so far the best out of the new body types
-Head & Neck stays in place & has good rotation
-Quality of figure imo is the best so far. I've owned everything except AVP Elder, CH, Shadow

Cons: Nitpicking
-Jaw is very loose like others have noted (easy fix)
-black elbow joints (will need to paint)
-should have come with more hand options (I'm using cleaner kit hands but palm needs to be painted to match)

Overall, outstanding figure and imo best predator Hot Toys have made to date. Need to reorganize the display cabinets before they go back in :lol

Does anyone have the alien warrior or big chap Diamond Select Coin bank? If so, what is the approximate scale of those? Need a 1/6 preferably Alien Head/Torso to make a base. Are there any other xenomorphs around the 1/6 scale that is relatively cheap to use as a base for wolf?

If you own Classic Predator and Wolf Predator 2.0 you will notice that Wolf’s hands are just resculpted Classic hands :)

Yeah with a lot of these overly dynamic poses, even though they have a wow factor to them, many of them look more idealized and don’t really look natural at all. Part of the reason why I don’t really like maquettes, since they tend to do idealized poses.

Back