1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Predator collection after the addition of Wolf:

4CECED11-0CA9-4635-A52E-6C0BE25A07C1.jpg

Thanks!

With so many more Predators to 2.0, including one of the AvP Predators themselves, I doubt 3.0 versions are anywhere on the radar right now. They very seldom do 3.0 versions of anything, and the figures that have been, I believe were all Iron Man figures. So go figure. :lol

But I hear ya, one can dream. I’d just want to add AvP Elder and JH 2.0, and I think I’d be satisfied with Predators.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Scar and Wolf I do think have the most presence out of the ones I have. Then Elder.

I’m still in the midst of experimenting with poses for Wolf. Due to him including so much weaponry, he has a lot of different posing options. I also think his more rangy frame and the fact that he doesn’t have a full body net, allows for an increased range of poseability with him. I’m wanting to go back to him wielding the whip again, since it was such a unique Predator weapon.

got my tracking! He will arrive Monday the 4th!!!! So excited for this and a long time saying when will HT make this is now finally at an end.

Just changed my flex payment to single payment. Hopefully Sideshow takes the rest I owe and ships it out tomorrow.

Great to see that everyone is going to be receiving theirs. Anxious to see everyone’s in hand impressions and pictures.

DA027FA6-06B6-4E33-AC86-30170BC4AA55.jpg

I decided to just leave the cleaner case off, being that he ditched it pretty quickly in the crashed Predator ship in the forest. I watched the unrated version of AvPR last night for the heck of it since I finally got this guy, and noticed that he took the pack off and opened it while in the ship and only kept the tracking syringe and the dissolving liquid, then used the self-destruct device on the case to destroy the ship.

It’s been a while since I actually paid attention to the details in the film, so I didn’t recall exactly what he did on the ship. Plus, the unrated version I believe is the only version that shows him actually opening the case.

My favorite two Pred figures side by side:

0C397B5D-F76F-483D-A5E0-E284D1071492.jpg

Got mine today. Beautiful piece. No problems putting the mask hoses to the back of the armor. They slide right in. No problem with the right shoulder cannon staying in place. I even bought some magnets ahead of getting the figure but that won't be necessary.

The elbows were a bit tight but that is about the only complain I have with this figure.
e6273cdfa52c48702582f92dca8f292c.jpg

11c6ec8c079b0bd89d1a356f42bb9bd6.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Yeah, the only real complaints I have with mine are the plasmacasters and the hoses not seemingly reaching far back enough to the holes they’re supposed to go into in the back of the armor. They probably will, but it feels like the hoses would be pulled pretty taut and not allow enough slack for the sculpt to be turned comfortably to the right if you so desired. I usually just leave the bio-mask hoses tucked behind the dreads anyway (what I do with my Scar), so not really a big deal to me.

Regarding the right plasmacaster, mine had the exact same issue as DeanKnight, where it would slide in from the side and sort of stick in place, but not fully snap into the hole. Where the problem lies is I think the little lip on the side of armor plate the caster is mounted on that slides onto the side of the armor on the back, is a bit too wide, thus not allowing the tab to reach all the way over to fit into the hole it’s supposed to insert into. I inspected the plasmacaster-less, flat armor plate, and the little lip on that is much thinner, thus allowing the tab to reach all the way over and slide flawlessly into the hole and not feel like it had to be squeezed in. A pretty lousy system if you ask me, as I think there are a ton of more practical ways to attach it. I actually kind of prefer not to attach it the way HT intended for it to, because once I got it on, I’d be too scared to try and pry it back off if I ever wanted to have a pose with it not on, so I’d actually prefer attaching it via means I come up with myself to that way it can be put on and taken off with ease.

As far as his primary plasmacaster on the left, the plasmacaster had apparently fallen off of the ball pivot that it mounts on while inside the box. I don’t think it’s supposed to come off like that and is supposed to be fixed, but I’m able to simply reattach it without really any issues, while also being able to take it back off. I consider this actually kind of a cool thing, because if I ever want to pose him with the plasma pistol, I’m able to take both plasmacasters off and have him look the way he did in the film after he ripped off both plasmacasters and fashioned the plasma pistol out of them.

Elbow joints were a bit taut on mine as well, but they seemed to slightly loosen up after kind of breaking them in and moving them a little bit.

I wish the figure had a little pouch on him to put his tracking syringe in, as it looked like while gearing up on the Predator scout ship before using the bomb on the cleaner pack to blow the ship up, he stashed the syringe somewhere on his right side.

Very nice! Yeah, the only real complaints I have with mine are the plasmacasters and the hoses not seemingly reaching far back enough to the holes they’re supposed to go into in the back of the armor. They probably will, but it feels like the hoses would be pulled pretty taut and not allow enough slack for the sculpt to be turned comfortably to the right if you so desired. I usually just leave the bio-mask hoses tucked behind the dreads anyway (what I do with my Scar), so not really a big deal to me.

Regarding the right plasmacaster, mine had the exact same issue as DeanKnight, where it would slide in from the side and sort of stick in place, but not fully snap into the hole. Where the problem lies is I think the little lip on the side of armor plate the caster is mounted on that slides onto the side of the armor on the back, is a bit too wide, thus not allowing the tab to reach all the way over to fit into the hole it’s supposed to insert into. I inspected the plasmacaster-less, flat armor plate, and the little lip on that is much thinner, thus allowing the tab to reach all the way over and slide flawlessly into the hole and not feel like it had to be squeezed in. A pretty lousy system if you ask me, as I think there are a ton of more practical ways to attach it. I actually kind of prefer not to attach it the way HT intended for it to, because once I got it on, I’d be too scared to try and pry it back off if I ever wanted to have a pose with it not on, so I’d actually prefer attaching it via means I come up with myself to that way it can be put on and taken off with ease.

As far as his primary plasmacaster on the left, the plasmacaster had apparently fallen off of the ball pivot that it mounts on while inside the box. I don’t think it’s supposed to come off like that and is supposed to be fixed, but I’m able to simply reattach it without really any issues, while also being able to take it back off. I consider this actually kind of a cool thing, because if I ever want to pose him with the plasma pistol, I’m able to take both plasmacasters off and have him look the way he did in the film after he ripped off both plasmacasters and fashioned the plasma pistol out of them.

Elbow joints were a bit taut on mine as well, but they seemed to slightly loosen up after kind of breaking them in and moving them a little bit.

I wish the figure had a little pouch on him to put his tracking syringe in, as it looked like while gearing up on the Predator scout ship before using the bomb on the cleaner pack to blow the ship up, he stashed the syringe somewhere on his right side.
To put to plasma caster on the right side, you have to use some force and it stays tight.

Just bend the tab with the hole just a little bit snd it'll reach.

I had no concern or felt that it would get damaged. I saw the Dean Knight video too and was worried as well, but I can honestly say it is easy to do, just use a little force

Hey guys, so far over all I am loving this figure. It does have some flaws, but overall it's well done. My biggest complaint would be that on mine, the mandibles and lower jaw seem to fall out way too easily. Does anyone else have that issue?
Here is my review for those that may be interested.

Yes. I had that same issue but I prefer the mask look anyways so it does not really bother me.

I went right for the bio-mask on mine, so I didn’t really pay attention to how easy the mandibles came out. Though from what I recall, I don’t believe the mandibles came out too easily, it was just the jaw.

And good idea with using an exacto knife to widen the hole a bit for the additional plasmacaster to insert into. Did the material of the armor cut fairly easily?

Attempting to land on a long term display pose for this guy is a bit difficult at the moment, which I suppose is a good thing as it’s a testament to how poseable he is. Currently trying out a pose that sort of resembles when he was sneaking around/firing his plasmacasters in the sewer since I really like that scene. This is an instance though where the inclusion of some additional hands would have been nice, as I think open hands on this particular pose would be more ideal.

414BCE64-3EA3-46F2-A27C-6677828F8A4C.jpg

I love him. Almost wish i ordered 2

Attachments

• 8F56CDF6-3086-4D74-8054-01AD4B7D376C.jpg
    8F56CDF6-3086-4D74-8054-01AD4B7D376C.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 202
Hey guys, so far over all I am loving this figure. It does have some flaws, but overall it's well done. My biggest complaint would be that on mine, the mandibles and lower jaw seem to fall out way too easily. Does anyone else have that issue?

Someone pointed out that the audio on the video I posted earlier was messed up during the upload, so I have redone the review for those who may be interested-

Back