1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on flex pay, and my last one was scheduled for the end of this month on the 25th. No idea when it is now, being that I’m unable to access my account at the moment due to SSC’s recent site changes.

So has anyone received him from SSC yet? My final flex payment was confirmed as being scheduled to go through this Monday, so that means I should have him Tuesday (presuming he ships immediately following the deduction of the money like normal). Surely I can’t be the first one? :lol

We all received notice processing begins on the 25th of this month . Followed by shipping notice that day or the the days after . So nobody has this yet from SSC . It’s not in stock yet .

Well...my final flex payment is early March so I should be expecting him shortly after. :) I have seen a few reviews on YouTube and besides a few minor problems such as it being very hard to put one of the laser blaster thingys on and one of the eyes not being screen accurate...this Wolf Predator 2.0 looks amazing. I have all my figures back in their boxes but now I am pulling all of them back out and this predator is
going to look awesome next to all the other Hot Toys Predator figures I have (pretty much all of them except for the elder Predator which I do plan on getting eventually.) I am a happy big kid right now. :)

This will be an early birthday present to myself as well so that is super cool... :cool:

It's only because of one of the statues that people think one of the eyes should be completely white. It's not. Look at BTS footage found, the eye is somewhat white but not fully.

So I received Wolf today. All in all, he’s a good figure. Not great, but he is undoubtedly a pretty solid figure. Definitely is up there as being one of their better Predator figures. The figure itself is aesthetically quite striking in-hand and feels very sturdy. Nothing on his body really feels like it’s going to break if you simply breathe on it wrong. The elbow joints aren’t as dark in-hand as what originally thought. They’re a slightly darker shade of green than the forearms, but they aren’t black as originally reported. What is a bit flimsy though I think, are his accessories. All my quibbles are pretty much all the things expected that we already knew at this point. Minor gripes, but nothing overly major.

So as feared, his second plasmacaster wouldn’t fit correctly. Also, I’m not sure if his primary one is supposed to be able to come off, but mine was already detached from the ball pivot on his shoulder out of the box. I put the plasmacaster back on with seemingly no issues with it seating properly, but if it’s not supposed to come off, I consider the fact that mine does a blessing because if you want him posed with the plasma pistol, him having no shoulder plasmacasters at that point would be screen accurate. If I ever want to use both again though, there’s probably some modifications that can be made to make the second one attach to his shoulder. Bummer that it doesn’t go on like it’s intended to, but it shouldn’t keep one from enjoying the figure because there’s still plenty of sweet poses to be had with this guy.

I also think his cleaner kit pack (the longer one) is a bit flimsy, and it doesn’t seem to want to stay attached to his back very well. It’ll stay on, but it seems like the slightest nudge will knock it off. I just left mine off, because I have him posed with the whip from the end of the film and he doesn’t appear to have it on at that point anymore.

The rest of the gripes really are just things we’ve already known at this point as mentioned. Bio-mask hoses not reaching the holes on the back they’re supposed to go into (like the AvP Preds), inaccurate plasma pistol, lack of hands, etc. The dreads also aren’t AS bad as I was expecting. It could stand to use a few more all around, but you can still get them styled to get him looking good.

What I really think makes this figure pop is him holding the whip, based on how he was from the ending of the film. Him holding that really seems to sort of get him interacting with the diorama base the best, as opposed to him just simply randomly standing next to busted Xenomorph head. I also put the plasma pistol in his hand so that way he still has some semblance of plasmacaster weaponry.

As mentioned, mostly just minor quibbles and pretty much all the things we already knew about and expected.

EE7EAE58-7028-4BEB-A9DB-889E4FA999CC.jpg
EA6589FB-6223-407A-A658-ED3F25F3D63C.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts on this figure . Seeing your photos of him gets me excited about getting him on Friday . It also brings back very nice memories of when I first got into this hobby more then 10 years ago . The original wolf predator from hot toys was 1 of my first ever 1/6 scale preorder’s after P2 .

Yeah, I’m glad to finally have him in the Predator collection. The figure itself is very nice and has a commanding presence on the shelf; it’s just some of the accessories that I think are a bit chintzy.

Trying out various poses that I wanted to try, so here he is with all of his gear. Quite a bit of it. As I mentioned, the figure itself is solid, but some of his accessories are a bit fragile in the sense they pop off easily, so when you put something on and then futz it the way you want, it has the propensity to pop off while you’re adjusting something else, and then you have to start over again. It’s definitely difficult to settle on one pose though, as he has a myriad of different posing options and combinations. I will say he’s probably the most poseable Predator.

A2A15708-E8B0-4CD3-A87B-CD8ADA6D2496.jpg
72B4CAFE-A34A-4F3D-8910-BBC84A56AAA0.jpeg

Back