1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ADI did fantastic, like, REAL fantastic job with Wolf. One of the best Pred design ever.
For his... "behaviors" in the movie, I blame Strass brothers. Who knows why they chose to input all homages they could think into AVPR and darken lighting in finished film to 0. I know it's for hiding cheap FX but if you'd seen one of earlier trailer, I think the film looks fine.
Then again... due to writer's strike, movie scripts in 2007-2009 are messed up anyway. Look what happened to Transformers: ROTF. The first is kinda OK but second... meh.
Still, I like AVPR better than first AVP. It's so painful to see Scar's true face in that movie.

Since i hear it all the time and don't agree, i'm just going to put this out there: I LIKE TFROTF out of all the films. Better than the 1st and the 3rd film.

... puts on flame shield.... Ok i'm ready. :rip

ADI did fantastic, like, REAL fantastic job with Wolf. One of the best Pred design ever.
one of the worst predator designs ever, with a brainless cranium, retarded face and garbage plates all over the body.

one of the worst predator designs ever, with a brainless cranium, retarded face and garbage plates all over the body.

IYO
And actually, all those opinions you've stated could be addressed directly to Scar. Who could tolerate him being a Pred at all with that bloated body, heavy-plates, baby fangs and those eyes! They're sparklingly innocent for Pete's sake!

tL7mgya.jpg
vyWRedK.jpg

2KBkn8P.jpg

c7bcc9865772e65cd97e01aaf4a5e935.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

including the harelip. what were they thinking when giving it to him - i don't know. maybe they hate predators.

predator-2-lifesize-bust-pro-replica-coolprops-902665-07.jpg

:lol

IMO Wolf's like an angel compared to those from first AVP and Rodriguez's Predators. He's the closest to my most favorite, City's design. Especially that large crown, fangs and large mouth.

Edit: the pic above compared City's head with Gibbon skull's large mouths, fangs and relatively small brow bones together. Hinting that they're not that differet from "Wolf-ape" , and I like it. ^_^"

i guess you didn't get the idea of cranium comparison i posted. Wolf has no forehead, that area is plain. and i didn't get any idea what you suggested to compare :) a bulbous head versus a head with no forehead dome.

i agree that first AVP designs had literally retarded faces. i read how people reacted to a face reveal in one of latest Star Wars. that was my reaction back in 2005 when Scar took off his helmet :slap
funny that Tsang made it much better. though an angry Scar face is... ok, and it cannot be achieved with HT head.

but with Wolf they decided to go all the way with retardness, giving him a monkey skull - flat and narrow. yes it made him unique.

as for the large mouth... P2 had a small accurate inner mouth and short outer mandibles not opening too wide. as well as P1.

3GHqrbX.jpg

Wolf's inner jaws are a lot bigger, and mandibles open wider even in a not screaming position.

e6094e3ca3c4cafae95d6c7b89d9e9dd--predator-art-alien-vs-predator.jpg

and yes it made him unique as well.

but both flat & narrow forehead and a mouth giant in proportions with the rest of the head (that is important) make him look like he's way back on evolution tree. and that i disliked a lot.
and when people say it's the best design to date... i'm like "so that's what you want predators to be :slap"

Do you want to take all your expert anaylsis on what's supposed to be the shape of a predator's head from a movie design stand point into the movie section so we can focus on the Wolf figure? We all know you hate Wolf as you've repeatedly told us numerous times in this thread about the Wolf FIGURE.

and when people say it's the best design to date... i'm like "so that's what you want predators to be :slap"
Gotta remember that while many of us got to enjoy the first 2 Predator movies with Stan Winston designs for 14 years before there was another movie with a Predator in it, some of these cats were probably young kids or teens when AVP or AVPR came out and that was their first exposure to the franchise. They go back and "binge watch" the originals at the same time they see the newer ones and don't know that we lived with an impression of what the Predators were and how they looked for a decade and a half before ADI, Paul W.S. Anderson, the Strauss brothers, and Rodriguez had their dumb reinventions greenlit.

When you see any stills of this suit, it's easy to see why they filmed everything in the dark. I would never defend this and make him the Boba Fett of Predators. Thankfully, Tsang has gone with an idealized design and cleaned up the edges on the armor, etc., trying to make Wolf look better than it actually was in the movie. I don't expect the face on the figure to be movie accurate either, but he didn't go that route for Scar, AVP Elder, or P2...

All of these posts are about as useful as the popes testicles.

You are looking for consistency in bone structure of a fictional creature who story-wise is part of an ancient alien civilization that live in multiple planets multiple climates with multiple races and sub-species for atleast thousands of years. Of course there is going to be inconsistency.

Theres more inconsistency in humans than there is Predators. You can walk down a street and see a 5ft asian dude walking next to a 7ft jacked black dude and an elderly white woman and not bat an eyelid. But if the cranium on the Wolf Predator is more sloped than prior predators it's not accurate...?

giphy.gif

@kiva - Exactly. Complaining about the bone structure or skull shape of different predators from different movies is like complaining about the people in Santa Claus costumes at the mall because one Santa's cheeks aren't rosy enough or not as round as the myths of Santa Claus depicts. It's inaccurate!! SMH.

Wolf's design is Dope. Period.
Movie representation aside, his unique physical characteristics make him one of the best for that very reason. Lends to his role and backstory of being accomplished and capable.

Now back to the figure... I want a preorder announced so we can see all his accessories in depth. Let's go HT, give us some more positives to discuss

No... don't Jinx it man.
Ripley has thoroughly exhausted my ability to stay tuned. Lol.
But I hope we hear something in the next week or 2.

Pretty much. :lol
I just don't get it. They invite Steve Wang, he sculpts this beauty...

stevewan34.jpg

stevewan35.jpg

stevewan33.jpg

stevewan37.jpg

... And then they **** it up for some stupid reason.

agRvPqO.jpg

___

So here's hope that Tsang was using Wang's original sculpt for reference this time.

Personally I don’t see this coming up for preorder anytime soon!! Wolfs appearance at SDCC17 was only to illustrate to to viewers that HT does do "other products" besides SW, Marvel & DC. No they don’t actually have to do them!!! I do hope I’m proven wrong though

Complaining about the bone structure or skull shape of different predators from different movies
were you complaining? because i just said Wolf skull shape hints he's steps back on the evolution ladder compared to original predators - and that he definitely acts like that in the movie.
whoever said above that i call it "inaccurate" definitely didn't even understand what i said.

Do you want to take all your expert anaylsis on what's supposed to be the shape of a predator's head from a movie design stand point into the movie section so we can focus on the Wolf figure?
there were 12 posts in a row from 6 different people only about the movie and movie suit design right before your post. my count was highest but definitely not the only.
and every time the figure is discussed, i say best things about it. including that i believe Tsang will unwittingly make it better than crappy movie design, like it was with Scar :lol

Pretty much. :lol
I just don't get it. They invite Steve Wang, he sculpts this beauty...

stevewan34.jpg
wow, i've never seen this. (well of course as i didn't search for).
still a microcephalus, plus he definitely doesn't have a remarkable face, unlike the final design. looks like that dull fat creature from Rodrigators.

... And then they **** it up for some stupid reason.

agRvPqO.jpg
those mechanical eyes were definitely a win in some scenes, like in the beginning of the movie. unlike in P2 mechanical head where they were too fake, this time they looked much better. and definitely better than Ian's own eyes on Scar :)

Gotta remember that while many of us got to enjoy the first 2 Predator movies with Stan Winston designs for 14 years before there was another movie with a Predator in it, some of these cats were probably young kids or teens when AVP or AVPR came out and that was their first exposure to the franchise. They go back and "binge watch" the originals at the same time they see the newer ones and don't know that we lived with an impression of what the Predators were and how they looked for a decade and a half before ADI, Paul W.S. Anderson, the Strauss brothers, and Rodriguez had their dumb reinventions greenlit.

When you see any stills of this suit, it's easy to see why they filmed everything in the dark. I would never defend this and make him the Boba Fett of Predators. Thankfully, Tsang has gone with an idealized design and cleaned up the edges on the armor, etc., trying to make Wolf look better than it actually was in the movie. I don't expect the face on the figure to be movie accurate either, but he didn't go that route for Scar, AVP Elder, or P2...
i agree that first imperssions can be imprinting on what is "cool and true" and what is "dull and bad". and that some things become outdated, and some do that very fast.
but even the quality and natural looks of suits and mechanic heads, as well as armor and weapons designs, fell way way down in everything post-Winston - and that i don't understand.

Back