Hot toys vs. sideshow 12in? vs Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ive got a bunch of premium formats. I just read sideshow is working on a reeve superman premium format. I was just about to pull the trigger on a hot toys 12in reeve superman.....then I read that.

I own only 2 12in figures by sideshow...freddy and leatherface..

Never seen or owned a hot toys figure.

Ive got a bunch of Premium formats in

Horror: leatherface, newer freddy, newer jason, Ash, Lord of Darkness.

XMEN: Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Sabertooth, Wolverine, Psylocke

Without starting a flame war, what do u think about hot toys 12 in vs. sideshow 12in vs. PF's?

Hot Toys #1 in 1/6 figures
Sideshow #1 in 1/4 scale PF Statues

Sideshow 1/6 , now are ok , The GI Joes are pretty good , but not Hot Toys Quality

I agree with that as well. However, Hot Toys figures have better paint apps than Sideshow statues in general.

I completely agree with this. But... that's why I like the PF from Sideshow that are comic oriented like their Joker instead of their Marvel Avengers movie versions. For real life likeness, 1/6 easily. But their LotR ones seem to be pretty high quality! Their human paint apps aren't up to par with HT, but they haven't done one in a while for LotR.

if you want character accuracy, there is no better laser sculpt than from hot toys.

I'll echo what Mr. Ecko said. If you like figures, stick with Hot Toys. If you are more a Statue man, Id say SS is where its at with their Premium Format line(s). I own a mix of both it really is based on preference.

Thank you for your input. Just bought my first hot toys. reeve superman...

if you want character accuracy, there is no better laser sculpt than from hot toys.

wish they did horror.... I love my premium formats but space is becoming an issue. Been thinking of switching for a while now

Sideshow 1/6 , now are ok , The GI Joes are pretty good , but not Hot Toys Quality

I agree 100%. The SS Star Wars figures are great, but in hand they are CLEARLY not at the level of HT. The HT Chris Reeve's Superman is the best Superman figure I ever expect to own.

I only get PFs of my all-time favorite characters, i.e. Indy, Batman, SW, and only ever 1 of each main character. The only SS figures I buy are OT SW figures, which as long as they're doing Aliens or armored troopers, are fine and look good next to a HT. Its HT(or EB, or Iminime, or whatever) for every other 1/6 figure.

Though that gap between sideshow and hot toys is RAPIDLY getting smaller.

Yes, they Have some amazing likenesses in Their Indy particularly. ;)

In general though, Hot toys is pretty solid, but they have been hit or miss a little bit the past few years... depending on who you ask.

Have you seen the Sideshow 1/6th comic Book joker?

Looks to be the BEST 1/6th Joker on the market.

Though that gap between sideshow and hot toys is RAPIDLY getting smaller.

Yes, they Have some amazing likenesses in Their Indy particularly. ;)

In general though, Hot toys is pretty solid, but they have been hit or miss a little bit the past few years... depending on who you ask.

Have you seen the Sideshow 1/6th comic Book joker?

Looks to be the BEST 1/6th Joker on the market.

i have the exclusive on order. joker is one of my favorite all time villains.

I only get PFs of my all-time favorite characters, i.e. Indy, Batman, SW, and only ever 1 of each main character. The only SS figures I buy are OT SW figures, which as long as they're doing Aliens or armored troopers, are fine and look good next to a HT. Its HT(or EB, or Iminime, or whatever) for every other 1/6 figure.

Problem is I like Horror. Not alot of great 12in horror. Ive got 2 of sideshows and find the sideshow statues a bit better quality wise vs. their own figures.

Back