Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT began utilizing a "new painting technique" since they announced it for the Iron Man Mark 1 figure in their newsletter. It turned out to be a slightly translucent gloss on skin to simulate sweat (like on Tony's face, I'm guessing). I think they used the same technique (albeit to a lesser degree) for Dent. I would love it if the final Harvey Dent head looked like the teaser pic above.

Anyway, this is a superb headsculpt, I'd be completely happy with this (not talking about the BR Joker head):
2eyvs0g.jpg

man...I love the way hot toys tease us like this. I have always said I wouldn't let any figure company have me by the balls but this dark knight fiasco has me in a hype. I will be buying this no doubt ! :rock:rock The stubble detail two posts up is incredible !.

So are they repaints of the sculpt we will be getting ? , why are they promoting there new figure with shots of what it wont look like.

Man, they are going crazy with the tease :lol

Looks fantastic though... HT is really pushing to the next level if the production figure could look like that :google

I'm assuming that since that's JC Hong's Joker repaint, that he did the paint on Dent too. I'm not sure. :dunno

oh the tortuous, tantalizing tease!:bounce

yeah, that apparent new skintone paint technique looks fantastic. enterbay apparently has something in their arsenal as well, something to do w/ realistic skin layer.

in any case, i can't wait for the full-on pics of Dent and Two-Face to show up. it's bad b/c i may cave and donate a kidney to fund this next fig!:D

AFR

I'm assuming that since that's JC Hong's Joker repaint, that he did the paint on Dent too. I'm not sure. :dunno

I did wonder about that... but they whole shiny/sweat is supposed to be a new technique they are working with at HT, so its possible. Either way, I just want to see the damn figure already :lol

Man that's looking incredible (as expected!) Those closeups look like they would be from a 1/4 scale or 1/2 scale sculpt. it's just crazy!

I really hope they decide to make a Gordon!
Trev

Am I the only one here who thinks that the skin on all of the new figs, i.e. Iron Man(1-3), BR Joker, and now Two-Face, look like sometype of soft material like silicone or rubber to more resemble flesh?

medicom are going down on the two face front by the look of things.

Nah.. I heard there's still 1 or 2 people buying their stuff.

:(

ap_20081011045358362.jpg.jpg

Only criticism I have of this is there's too much texture on the ears. Everything else looks perfect imo. But take this with a grain of salt because this is an extreme close-up + a prototype.. so all that detail could be non-existent to the naked eye i.e. when you have it in-hand or on display. Looks good so far. I've just never liked Two-Face. Although I'll admit, seeing the teaser of Two-Face next to the Joker (with the BR Head) looks cool.

Back