Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

People get a couple extra accessories, which the figure should have come with no matter what, and they're jumping around like school girls and screaming " I love HT". This is exactly why HT can keep raising prices and they know it. There's nothing wrong with getting excited for a figure but HT's markups are getting crazy, especially during times like this. The level of enthusiasm here for a bare bones figure with a subpar headsculpt at $285 :slap is ridiculous. Come on people, challenge them to do better and demand more for your money.

Unfortunately, it really comes down to the fact that Hot Toys has the monopoly on high end 1/6 figure licenses, and the current lines of figures will sell out regardless of all other considerations at the end of the day.

This is further compounded by the fact that Hot Toys has become a very (no pun intended) hot brand over the years, and people who haven't collected before and aren't your traditional collector have picked up figures without a past point of comparison for prices and accessories. The price is just what it is to them.

Comic Concepts has her for $269.99. No tax, and their shipping costs have been cheaper than Sideshow for me in the past.

https://comic-concepts.com/en/product/mandalorian-bo-katan-kryze?v=932

Are they in Georgia? Can't find address anywhere on their site, and that makes me nervous. Also, they say there's a 20% restocking fee on all cancelations. ALL cancelations. Do you know if that includes POs?

Ah yes they are.

They do charge 20% deposit for pre-orders. Haven't had issue with them, but I understand your concern.

They probably should have just included a Darksaber since she'll almost certainly have it back by the time the figure comes out.

I do kind of like that irony. They’ll probably throw another in with season 2 Mando (which ought to be all inclusive by this point).

Ahhh, so that'll be the hook, literally, to get everyone who bought season 2 knees and thigh armor upgrades for their Beskar Din's to justify getting the actual Season 2 figure now. Clever Girl that Hot Toys:lol

Well played! :lol

It's not the size but the position of the breast curve. To explain it, you have to look at the diamond shaped part on the chest armor. In the real armor, it's completely in the breast curve. In the figure, only its lower part is in the breast curve. So, the breast curve in the figure sits lower than the one in the show.

View attachment 507992

Having said that, I realized top part of the chest armor should have been flat, rather than curved.
And the abdomen armor must have been a little wider.
Also, why does HT use white stitching on the neck and chest garment?

Damn, I come in here and instantly start reading about "breast curve" with all these red and white lines !! That's some science right there !

This kind of amusement is exactly why I lurk these threads! Excellent work :lol (not sarcasm!)

This figure is the same price as Jango Fett but Jango has way more stuff. 2 headsculpt, 2 jet packs, 2 pistols, a swap out headset, swap out dome, flame thrower effect, poncho and a firing missile. Commander Cody actually cost less than this and also has more stuff, including a light up hologram arm. I think what it comes down to is, you're really just paying for an intricate costume. And the headsculpt looks like it might be constructed out of multiple parts.

$285
157362706_10157870611472344_1447965599388100399_o.jpg

$285
121693965_10157570853987344_5967109795351229581_o.jpg

$243
51960920_10156058954892344_8351869433865568256_o.jpg

When did we hit the $265 mark for regular figures... and then the $275 mark?

Last I heard, $250 seemed to be the raise from $235.

$285 is a jump that I am not happy about. Brings $300 in by the end of this year.
Yeah figures announced for release in 2023 are going to be priced at $299.

Endgame Captain America is a $275 figure. Civil War Captain America was a $225 figure. They were 3 years apart and basically came with the same stuff. Wouldn?t be surprised though if Disney hasn?t been ratcheting up the licensing fees too.

Can't believe this is sold out everywhere!

Except of course Sideshow where it can be pre-ordered from now until it releases in 2 years.

Seems like they're trying to create some excitement or really under-appreciated the Clone Wars fan base interest. I'd guess they'll open up a bit more allotment soon to retailers.

I'd guess they'll open up a bit more allotment soon to retailers.

I don’t think they will. This is pretty much the norm now with most figures that aren’t troopers, excluding hotly anticipated ones like the Dark Trooper and 501st Deluxe.

Alter Ego confirmed with Fett that their allocations are strictly limited.

There’s no way other small retailers like Timewalker will get more.

Sideshow sends retailers the bare minimum to keep people buying directly from them.

Can't believe this is sold out everywhere!

Except of course Sideshow where it can be pre-ordered from now until it releases in 2 years.

Seems like they're trying to create some excitement or really under-appreciated the Clone Wars fan base interest. I'd guess they'll open up a bit more allotment soon to retailers.

I think it’s just been a long time coming for her. I remember people wanting her figure during the original TCW toy run. Then again when she was in Rebels. Hell, I ended up getting a Black Series figure of her customized last year because I didn’t think we’d ever see her again. But then Boom! Season 2 opened her floodgates and she’s easily selling her merch. Hopefully, companies are seeing they really love Bo toy/figures.

Katee Sackhoff is not an attractive woman to start with, but she is definitely better looking than this very manly headsculpt. I may or may not get this, as I do think the rest of the figure looks very good, and I?d had no plans to display her without the helmet anyway even if I do buy her.

Bo has same amount of hands as Cody, same amount of blasters and a headsculpt. Really all the “extras” Cody has are holograms (rather extraneous) and the hologram projector and he has the most reused sand stand everyone hates. Bo has a unique stand and backdrop.

Not to mention they can cut a lot of manufacturing costs with Cody being 95% reusable. How many other characters can they make with Bo’s parts as they can Clones?

I really doubt the number of accessories factors into how they price these things. It's all about the popularity of the movie or TV series the character comes from and how much interest HT thinks there will be in it.

That Mando & Bo Katan hype tax. They know they can Jack up prices and people will pay it. I mean who else is making a 1/6 Bo Katan figure like this

Back