Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still getting the two pack because it's from The Mandalorian but it ends there. No amount of time will make what Lucasfilm did here acceptable. The show was simply awful and the Morrison retconned version of Boba Fett could not have been worse.
If I had zillions of dollars I might pick up the repaint version too; but adding up the new Mando, the absolute must Kuill + blurrg, maybe the bike, a Tusken raider....$$$$$.
Can't have everything :crying . Paying one the first Mando accessory pack now I need the lothcat...then there's Fennic.

Anyway there's nothing to say that a BOBF season 2 wouldn't be a huge improvement, but I like his black harem pant look. Not sure I'd get a third Boba just for boots, skinny pants and a different belt. But I'm keeping this two pack - Boba's arrival in Mando with Fennec was awesome.

I'm still getting the two pack because it's from The Mandalorian but it ends there. No amount of time will make what Lucasfilm did here acceptable. The show was simply awful and the Morrison retconned version of Boba Fett could not have been worse.

I understand. I’m not here to argue, especially since I know folks like you have strong feelings on the matter that’s pretty set; just sharing my opinion.

I think it’s alright because people change as they get older. A younger, more straight up ruthless Fett that people envision can coexist with an older Fett that puts trying to find a tribe and a purpose first. That’s not really a retcon; it’s just an arc that some may or may not agree with.

Maybe it helps that I’ve seen people in real life have personal journeys like that.

I understand Boba Fett is something different to a lot of people. He was a blank slate before, precisely for that reason.

But he’s already had a bit of a convoluted legacy with various types of history, stories, relationships, and even personality added, removed, changed, canonized, de-canonized, re-canonized, etc. over time.

At a base level, I don’t really think this was any worse than what the EU did with an older Fett or what Lucas did with a very young Fett (which took me a while to get used to). But again, that’s just me.

Mine should arrive next week if it ships as scheduled. I'm really looking forward to this, as well as all the other Tem figures - reforged armor, Jango, etc., to go along with Cody and Rex. I love his performances and can't wait to see more in Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Mine should arrive next week if it ships as scheduled. I'm really looking forward to this, as well as all the other Tem figures - reforged armor, Jango, etc., to go along with Cody and Rex. I love his performances and can't wait to see more in Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Agreed. Big fan of Temuera Morrison as well. Always love his excitement for Star Wars and anything Fett and Clones.

I go back to his interview for Republic Commando from time to time, not just because I love that game but also because it’s nice to see his energy and enthusiasm for Star Wars.

I understand. I’m not here to argue, especially since I know folks like you have strong feelings on the matter that’s pretty set; just sharing my opinion.

I think it’s alright because people change as they get older. A younger, more straight up ruthless Fett that people envision can coexist with an older Fett that puts trying to find a tribe and a purpose first. That’s not really a retcon; it’s just an arc that some may or may not agree with.

Maybe it helps that I’ve seen people in real life have personal journeys like that.

I understand Boba Fett is something different to a lot of people. He was a blank slate before, precisely for that reason.

But he’s already had a bit of a convoluted legacy with various types of history, stories, relationships, and even personality added, removed, changed, canonized, de-canonized, re-canonized, etc. over time.

At a base level, I don’t really think this was any worse than what the EU did with an older Fett or what Lucas did with a very young Fett (which took me a while to get used to). But again, that’s just me.

I usually agree with you but definitely not here.

I don't know how one can claim this is not a retcon, I think you have to willfully overlook Fett's entire existence in the OT and the promotional material put out during that time to suggest it's not. BOBF takes place immediately after ROTJ, which took place shortly after ESB. In BOBF this Fett looks nothing like OT Fett. He acts nothing like OT Fett either. OT Fett was not a total blank slate as some people want to suggest. He was mysterious yes, but he was also known as a proficient, feared, ruthless bounty hunter. Morrison Fett is an out of shape nice guy who is shown to be completely inept and walks around 95% of the time without his trademark helmet on. He is a self proclaimed crime lord who commits no crimes. It's character assassination that can only be rivaled by TLJ Luke Skywalker.

If people want to say they like the show fine whatever, but let's be honest about what it is.

I love characters changing and going through arcs and interesting developments where trialing events and failures shape who they become. Gimme a Heisenberg story any time.

We all know what they’ve done with Boba is dumb. It doesn’t make sense and isn’t in line with his character at all- unless your an apologist for creative decisions that have people abandon their defined characteristics for the sake of serving a poorly conceived plot.
The problem is that Favreau was denied the opportunity to make a Boba show so he made Mandalorian and imbued him with all the badassery and other characteristics people would associate with Boba. Naturally he became the best thing about new Star Wars. He’s Boba Fett with even cooler armour and the cutest sidekick in the galaxy.
Then Disney decided to bring Boba back to life… so now they have the dilemma of what to turn Boba into since they’ve given all his characteristics to Mr shiny pants.

He’s simply too big of a merchandising opportunity to keep on reserve or to use sparingly (as he should be) for the occasional scene stealing moment of ruthless, brutal efficiency like in Mando S2.

But here we are. Boba is an incompetent, side character in his own show.
But this two pack is an absolute success!
No amount of seeing Tem Morrison’s glisteningly white teeth can blind me to that simple fact.

I usually agree with you but definitely not here.

I don't know how one can claim this is not a retcon, I think you have to willfully overlook Fett's entire existence in the OT and the promotional material put out during that time to suggest it's not. BOBF takes place immediately after ROTJ, which took place shortly after ESB. In BOBF this Fett looks nothing like OT Fett. He acts nothing like OT Fett either. OT Fett was not a total blank slate as some people want to suggest. He was mysterious yes, but he was also known as a proficient, feared, ruthless bounty hunter. Morrison Fett is an out of shape nice guy who is shown to be completely inept and walks around 95% of the time without his trademark helmet on. He is a self proclaimed crime lord who commits no crimes. It's character assassination that can only be rivaled by TLJ Luke Skywalker.

If people want to say they like the show fine whatever, but let's be honest about what it is.

I accept that and appreciate you sharing your opinion on the matter. Like I said, I fully understand that perspective and the more reasonable arguments for what people don’t like about the direction of the show are not unfair.

I don’t disagree with some of what’s said, like some of what you and Chopper Face have here. I share some of those opinions.

But I am also not looking for reasons to actively dislike something that overall was not the worst Star Wars for me personally though it did have some pretty bad moments.

Even though it did not fully live up to my expectations or the promise and premise of The Mandalorian Season 2’s stinger, there are still things I like about the show.

It’s probably partly to do with the fact that we’ve gotten such irredeemable bad Star Wars in the not too distant past that I don’t want to hate anything that isn’t as bad. I find hate tiring; some people thrive on it but I don’t.

The mere thought of mention of TROS and most of the ST is often enough to start a rant in my household. I’m a lot more forgiving of other things now, even if others are not which, again, I understand.

I accept that and appreciate you sharing your opinion on the matter. Like I said, I fully understand that perspective and the more reasonable arguments for what people don’t like about the direction of the show are not unfair.

I don’t disagree with some of what’s said, like some of what you and Chopper Face have here. I share some of those opinions.

But I am also not looking for reasons to actively dislike something that overall was not the worst Star Wars for me personally though it did have some pretty bad moments.

Even though it did not fully live up to my expectations or the promise and premise of The Mandalorian Season 2’s stinger, there are still things I like about the show.

It’s probably partly to do with the fact that we’ve gotten such irredeemable bad Star Wars in the not too distant past that I don’t want to hate anything that isn’t as bad. I find hate tiring; some people thrive on it but I don’t.

The mere thought of mention of TROS and most of the ST is often enough to start a rant in my household. I’m a lot more forgiving of other things now, even if others are not which, again, I understand.
Well said. And let's not forget that no matter how many times one might say "we all know", that does not make the statement an objective fact. These are just opinions, plain and simple.

I appreciate you not taking offense because certainly none is intended, I agree with you the vast majority of the time and enjoy your input on the board. It's simply how I feel about the show. :duff

I appreciate you not taking offense because certainly none is intended, I agree with you the vast majority of the time and enjoy your input on the board. It's simply how I feel about the show. :duff

I appreciate that, and your thoughts on the matter. I think there are some points we agree on here as well. I just didn’t vocalize my harsher criticisms as I was attempting to be succinct and lean a bit more positive in light of this excellent figure.

Believe me, there were definitely some decisions that left me scratching my head. :lol

I appreciate that, and your thoughts on the matter. I think there are some points we agree on here as well. I just didn’t vocalize my harsher criticisms as I was attempting to be succinct and lean a bit more positive in light of this excellent figure.

Believe me, there were definitely some decisions that left me scratching my head. :lol

Just looking at pics I don't see much to complain about on the HT figure. It appears to be up there with some of their best work. I was planning to get two of the two packs before seeing the show but now I'll just be getting the one. I'm pretty bitter how underwhelming the sarlaac escape scene was. The paint of the acid eaten armor looks great.

Just looking at pics I don't see much to complain about on the HT figure. It appears to be up there with some of their best work. I was planning to get two of the two packs before seeing the show but now I'll just be getting the one. I'm pretty bitter how underwhelming the sarlaac escape scene was. The paint of the acid eaten armor looks great.

Agreed, the figure definitely seems like a home run that’s not to be missed.

Aside from the figures being well executed, there are two things Hot Toys did with the set that I wish they would do more often.

Not reusing/recycling/repainting the sand base, and including a fun and versatile accessory like the smashed Stormtrooper helmet.

Ugh, still teetering on canceling this one but I used some points and a coupon. Had BOBF been amazing this would have been a no-brainer as it's beautiful. But instead I'm really just unsure now and trying to think about whether it's worth the shelf space. The Mando display is already becoming a little bit crowded for me and I'd probably prefer a Kuiil/Blurrg for the money.

Maybe I'll get it and just keep the monk, that was my main interest from the start.

If I take this on its own, and as a piece for the Mando collection; it's perfect. And it'll always be a better mythos Fett than what SS put out. I can't and won't let show which I had questionable feelings about impact how much I can enjoy a character I like or a figure set that's impeccable. I'll even go to bat and say I like the way this figure looks more than the ROTJ design, and have had thoughts of swapping it out for him in my limited display space for the time being.

Either way, I still believe this is still a better use of a figure fund than the background Bo-Katan clan friends that people are wild about.

2776C423-6D55-4A06-914E-D89811FB9EFF.jpeg
B039ACBB-7CC0-40CB-844F-2F4F0F33FF97.jpeg

Got my set last week from Sideshow. Have only quickly opened it up, still have to open ‘Tusken’ Boba but the set is amazing as usual. Terrible pic sorry.

And the General Grievous inspired Chef Droid. I got charged this morning for mine. This is probably the last two pack I will get. I feel a little like an idiot paying so much for it .
Try not really being a Boba Fett fan and buying it anyway :lol

Thought about cancelling off and on; but since I keep my figs (so far) for long term display - my SW collection is pretty new, mostly focused on Mando & co.; but just think this set is an excellent nod to Mando's inspiration.

And originally - and still don't - think of Mando as a form of Boba. The way things began, I viewed Mando as a religious man, if you will. A Mandalorian with a distinct code and member of a covert; as opposed to the Jedi/Wookie slaughtering Boba who took trophies...I think the show alludes to that anyway, when Boba refers to Mando's code as "bantha fodder".

And I don't object to Boba's current arc, even if the execution was *&^%. Suspect Boba will be around to help Mando retake Mandalore or even protect him - possibly even from Bo-katan. Who knows. It's not like Favreau & co. haven't heard the complaints.

Hopefully I will get this set paid off in March, and in hand.

Has anyone that pre-ordered the single figure gotten a shipping soon email yet? Can’t wait for this, looks amazing for sure.

Back