Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was also Day One. Sideshow seems to have no rhyme or reason to how they distribute their products... it should be first come, first served and yet there are people who got the first batch from them who ordered way after we did.
Agreed. But the other issue is that Hot Toys is clearly sending over smaller and smaller batches at a time. I mean, how many figures are they shipping at once? A dozen?

Mine was also Day One. Sideshow seems to have no rhyme or reason to how they distribute their products... it should be first come, first served and yet there are people who got the first batch from them who ordered way after we did.
Day One as order as well, no flex pay and did not pay in advance. I agree for orders that aren't flex pay they should be first come first serve , they keep giving people reasons to buy figures elsewhere . There are things that they can correct to make it a better customer experience.

Day one preorder, I believe I was on payment plan until I paid the rest shortly after HK release, just got my payment processing message for the 28th

It’s interesting to see some of the reactions to this figure, which on its own seems to be one of Hot Toys’s best offerings because it really plays to their strengths in sculpting, tailoring, and weathering.

But it’s also shipping out (or soon to be, hopefully) in the shadow of a show some people really dislike.

I do understand those perspectives, even if I don’t share some of those opinions. My reaction is mostly neutral, slightly towards favorable because of the strength of the better episodes.

As I’ve said before, I really wish they had just called it something else because once you get past the fact that it’s not The Book of Boba Fett and it’s more The Book of Waiting for The Mandalorian Season 3, I think the show is okay.

I guess my point is, if someone out there wanted this set before the show, they should probably still get it. Emotions and perspectives change; they may feel at least a bit more neutral about the show a few years from now. But by that point, this set will be over twice the price and they’ll just be left with regret.

To me, it just seems like some of the anger others have could potentially pass with time, even if some of the disappointment lingers. It just doesn’t feel like something wholly unforgivable and irredeemable like TROS.

When u think of how the battle damaged Fett turned out and adding to that the amazing Tem sculpt and Tusken outfit,I can't see myself passing this up.
It's too beautiful a set!!
Totally agree.
I am getting this figure not because the show is amazing but because the toy is.

It’s interesting to see some of the reactions to this figure, which on its own seems to be one of Hot Toys’s best offerings because it really plays to their strengths in sculpting, tailoring, and weathering.

But it’s also shipping out (or soon to be, hopefully) in the shadow of a show some people really dislike.

I do understand those perspectives, even if I don’t share some of those opinions. My reaction is mostly neutral, slightly towards favorable because of the strength of the better episodes.

As I’ve said before, I really wish they had just called it something else because once you get past the fact that it’s not The Book of Boba Fett and it’s more The Book of Waiting for The Mandalorian Season 3, I think the show is okay.

I guess my point is, if someone out there wanted this set before the show, they should probably still get it. Emotions and perspectives change; they may feel at least a bit more neutral about the show a few years from now. But by that point, this set will be over twice the price and they’ll just be left with regret.

To me, it just seems like some of the anger others have could potentially pass with time, even if some of the disappointment lingers. It just doesn’t feel like something wholly unforgivable and irredeemable like TROS.

I'm still getting the two pack because it's from The Mandalorian but it ends there. No amount of time will make what Lucasfilm did here acceptable. The show was simply awful and the Morrison retconned version of Boba Fett could not have been worse.

Back