1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin?s reviews ... he said he preferred the Endgame Star-Lord over the Deluxe GotG Star-Lord.

That's because the v3 figure -- just the figure -- is better than the v2 figure. :)

But I do agree that Justin needs desperately to expand his vocabulary. As far as him being a salesman... well, he is.

I like Justin?s reviews, but I turn off the audio sometimes because he uses the EXACT same words every time he review a figure (glorious, absolutely stunning, absolutely gorgeous, etc.) It gets a little repetitive.

I always end up muting his videos too, mostly because I can't stand the sound of his Reviewer Voice (high-low with pauses for random emphasis added in the middle of his sentences). He starts off with it in his latest Top 5 video but then at around the 1:30 mark he starts talking in a normal voice.

I always end up muting his videos too, mostly because I can't stand the sound of his Reviewer Voice (high-low with pauses for random emphasis added in the middle of his sentences). He starts off with it in his latest Top 5 video but then at around the 1:30 mark he starts talking in a normal voice.

Play a drinking game and have a shot whenever he said "I really do appreciate it".

You'll need your stomach pumped by the end of the video

I like Justin's reviews, but I turn off the audio sometimes because he uses the EXACT same words every time he review a figure (glorious, absolutely stunning, absolutely gorgeous, etc.) It gets a little repetitive. He also often picks "newer" versions figures over a vastly superior earlier releases. It makes him sound like a car salesman just trying to sell you the newest model.

yea a car salesman is a great way to put his reviews. While I do appreciate the time he puts into them for us to be able to get a good early look at nearly every HT figure that gets released, I really do get bored of everything is awesome/better/great/fantastic with nearly nothing negative to say. I think the only real negatives I've heard him say recently is how the HT lightsaber blades look more pink than red and he doesn't like the large display stands. But otherwise, each new figure is his new favorite in his collection. Don't get me wrong, I love opening a new box of plastic crack as much as the next guy, but that doesn't automatically put it in the #1 spot. If anyone watches Transformer figure reviews, Justin is the equivalent to Optibotimus.

I really enjoyed Justin's earlier reviews, they were more genuine. I think that he sees his success growing and continues to use the same formula that has grown his channel. He seems like a nice guy who loves to collect, but yes, the repetitive nature of his videos can be a tad bit annoying lol.

He seems like a nice dude, but I haven?t watched his reviews in a while. Not super keen on the bright white lighting......also, I?ll never forgive him for picking up Robocop in chair at a PopCultcha warehouse sale for AU $150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the fact that Justin defaults to that annoying radio DJ tone/intonation shows that he knows (consciously or unconsciously) that he is a toy salesman, and hence goes automatically into sales pitch mode. Like an ad reader on the radio.

I'm an Australian and I can guarantee no-one talks like that.....except the guy reading the competition on the radio to win something.

If he talked normally I'd watch all his videos.

For now Jedha Patrol and Man of Hot Collectibles are my reviewers. Although Man of Hot Collectibles slips in a few Justinism's from time to time. I notice them immediately and switch back to Jedha :lol

I found that paying off a statue/figure early from Sideshow actually backfires. Either pay for it all upfront or allow the automated system to take your last payment.

My theory is making a manual payment overrides the date of your original pre-order and puts you to the back of the queue.

Two statues I paid off early I ended up receiving a later batch. Everything I left automated I've got first batch.

:lecture Exactly the same here.

I found that paying off a statue/figure early from Sideshow actually backfires. Either pay for it all upfront or allow the automated system to take your last payment.

My theory is making a manual payment overrides the date of your original pre-order and puts you to the back of the queue.

Two statues I paid off early I ended up receiving a later batch. Everything I left automated I've got first batch.

I definitely feel like this happened for me with Armored Thanos, but I went back and paid off my deluxe Mando, sometime after my original order, and mine is scheduled to ship out today.

I could just be that I paid him off early enough that when it possibly "reset" my order, it still squeaked in and managed to be in this first batch.

I definitely feel like this happened for me with Armored Thanos, but I went back and paid off my deluxe Mando, sometime after my original order, and mine is scheduled to ship out today.

I could just be that I paid him off early enough that when it possibly "reset" my order, it still squeaked in and managed to be in this first batch.

I ordered mine on day one and didn't pay mine off until the day after the emails went out. I don't think there is any ryhme or reason to it especially with Hot Toys products that come in, in installments to SS. I think the SS products come in , in one shipment. I probably will hold off on paying off the Heavy Mando order off in full and see what happens .

I think the fact that Justin defaults to that annoying radio DJ tone/intonation shows that he knows (consciously or unconsciously) that he is a toy salesman, and hence goes automatically into sales pitch mode. Like an ad reader on the radio.

I'm an Australian and I can guarantee no-one talks like that.....except the guy reading the competition on the radio to win something.

If he talked normally I'd watch all his videos.

For now Jedha Patrol and Man of Hot Collectibles are my reviewers. Although Man of Hot Collectibles slips in a few Justinism's from time to time. I notice them immediately and switch back to Jedha :lol

Yep, Jedha and MOHC are my go-to reviewers. Both are able to photograph and pose the figures exceptionally well and really show off the features I like to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every YouTube offers something different. I like to watch Justin because he ?buys? everything under the sun and reviews it. Where jedha seems to just focus on Star Wars and marvel.

I?ll check out the other guy mentioned here. Only YouTuber I strayed away from is dean knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back