1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t believe how fast these are coming at the moment.
Looking forward to getting this but with the post I wish I had this coming from some different people!

King of annoying how they keep making it so dull. It's also not shiny on the 1/4 version. They had it some what closer on the prototype. The production version makes his armor look like some cheap plastic.

Guillaume Hurel did a spot on job with his custom 3d printed and painted version.

Think I'm gonna skip this and hope that they do a better job on the Season 2 version.

Prototype:

118009768_4192753557463262_4643203806471672180_n.jpg

Production:

126941160_10157648179937344_8692324698098614762_o.jpg

126857457_10157648182552344_7680766843761048629_o.jpg

Custom job by Guillaume Hurel:

120800279_10158642181818194_2531122827307923311_o.jpg

Show:

D9kNLSS.png

Last edited:
Paint job is pretty dull on the Beskar. Hasbro seems to have done a better job on their upcoming Black Series Helmet. Expected more from Hot Toys since they have so much experience with Iron Man armor. Expected this to be a slam dunk.

The child looks nice. Might pick one up solo and just stick with the V1.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'm a bit disappointed in the armor paint as well. Yet another higher priced item that looks way too silver and not enough of a chrome look. It's frustrating because they have done a much better job in the past, as was mentioned with Phasma. I was considering two sets but I think I'll just stick with the one.

Looks good but, yeah, I agree about the armor being too dull. Still a nice set for sure.

Only $590 plus shipping at ToysBuyingAgent. Lol! I remember the good ol days when you could get a figure early for $50 or $60 above retail. Now it?s just ridiculous.

Looks good but, yeah, I agree about the armor being too dull. Still a nice set for sure.

Only $590 plus shipping at ToysBuyingAgent. Lol! I remember the good ol days when you could get a figure early for $50 or $60 above retail. Now it?s just ridiculous.

Toysbuyingagent's pre-order price was 2,170HD or $280, with a free shipping option. Cheaper than you'd find it anywhere else.

Sure, but I?m talking about their in stock pricing as of now.

Actually that was ToysWonderland that has it for $590 and not TBA.

Yeah, sorry I wasn?t trying to contradict you I was just pointing out the difference between the pre-order and in-stock price. It?s a huge price hike. It always helps to pre-order as early as possible from HK.

To be fair, the armor wasn?t as shiny and pristine in season 1 as it is in season 2. However, yes, they could?ve done a better job on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, the armor wasn?t as shiny and pristine in season 1 as it is in season 2. However, yes, they could?ve done a better job on it.

Looks pretty shiny to me. I don't remember it having that much wear on it either in S1.

bsRg5ZO.png

5v6WCyz.png

Vt9urAq.png

eMAC7O2.png

Yeah, sorry I wasn?t trying to contradict you I was just pointing out the difference between the pre-order and in-stock price. It?s a huge price hike. It always helps to pre-order as early as possible from HK.

Preordering definitely helps. The last in stock purchase from TBA I made was Leia and Wicket to get it a few weeks before Sideshow even started shipping. I think I paid $20 over retail for that. I just can?t fathom paying $200 or more over retail for in stock stuff just to get it early.

Preordering definitely helps. The last in stock purchase from TBA I made was Leia and Wicket to get it a few weeks before Sideshow even started shipping. I think I paid $20 over retail for that. I just can?t fathom paying $200 or more over retail for in stock stuff just to get it early.

Suppose it comes down to demand and the fact that we're even deeper into COVID and such. Premium price for a premium service.

If people are willing to pay those prices then you can't blame them for charging it. It's the same with PS5 scalpers etc. they wouldn't do it if people didn't encourage it.

The high price is the first batch in stock price. The kind of price for people who don't want to preorder but also can't wait. I think the in stock price will drop once the later batches ships and they have left over stock.

There was some extra dirt and weathering on top in S1, but underneath it was still pretty shiny and reflective.

Unfortunately HT seems to be using the same flat silver on the S2 figure too.

Nah they missed the mark on the paintjob on this. They failed at making it look like the shiny metal it should be. What they should have done is made the base paintjob a nice shiny silver and then apply the weathering on top of it. What it looks like they did instead was already start out with a flat rough silver base and then applied even more rough weathering on top. The end result just looks too plastic and cheap.

Still a great looking set overall but the dull paintjob brings it down.

Production:

126857457_10157648182552344_7680766843761048629_o.jpg

Custom job by Guillaume Hurel:

120800279_10158642181818194_2531122827307923311_o.jpg

Show:

D9kNLSS.png

featured_preview_Ref_R1.png

Last edited:
Next batch is available on Toys Buying Agent for about ?350. Should be in stock within 15 days. Still overpriced but I went for it. It's not a huge amount more than it would cost to get from a UK retailer and saves the three month wait.

Back